Skip to main content
Topic: Community Cup Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 9240 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Community Cup Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #105
Cripps can and will outmark midfielders 90% of the time.
As dodgy as it was, cripps dominated as a tall forward in aflx whenever that was around.
AFLX ,.............. really it was virtually a non-contact joke?

Resting in F50, Cripps doesn't get to stand with guys 10cm shorter and 10kg lighter than him. The only time I've seen him effective in F50 marking was when he was allowed to mark coming in unhindered from the side of the pack, and most serious opposition won't allow him that luxury, they block him just like they block Levi. But perhaps our go is having too many of that type to cover them all!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #106
From the video they just showed on SKY, I dunno what's up with steve silvagni, but it looked really poor when he seemingly ignored his own son's goal.

Reply #107
Agree that Cripps as a resting forward is not something I would get carried away with.
He is an inside mid and is as good at that role as there is but Ive watched him several times as a resting forward and he doesn’t fill me with confidence that is as dangerous as many fans like to think he is. Different story when he floats down deep when the ball is in the area and may get a mis match of a midfielder taking him but he has a long way to go to be as dangerous as a Fyfe Martin or Dangerfield when he is actually resting there as teams will use a real defender against him 

Reply #108
I suspect Moore can put his CFC jumper in any seldom used draw he has at home.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #109
From the video they just showed on SKY, I dunno what's up with steve silvagni, but it looked really poor when he seemingly ignored his own son's goal.
At which point Jo nudged him and appeared to say "cheer!" and he just remained emotionless. I think him mum Rita was also seen having a word.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #110
At which point Jo nudged him and appeared to say "cheer!" and he just remained emotionless. I think him mum Rita was also seen having a word.

Yep, saw that too.  Boorish and ignorant and bloody insulting. 

Reply #111
SOS takes footy very seriously, it's a business not a sport.

In years gone by I got to chat with Jo a few times in the old Members Lunch / Tea Room at Princes Park, the old one before the all glass committee room was built, she was often in there with the boys and her In-laws in between the Reserves and Seniors or at 1/2-time having the silver service lunch, she is a genuinely lovely lady! The boys were always very well behaved and quietly spoken, I think if I recall correctly they were the only kids allowed in that area.

Footy is not a laughing matter for the Silvagni men!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #112
Cripps and McDonald are very average talls as resting forwards.

Just remember, for most of the game, Cripps wasn't 'a' tall forward option, he was THE tall forward option! Cripps resting with Mckay, McGovern or Casboult up there, is a different story.

Reply #114
same old for me ,the long bomb into our fwd 50 ,does not work when are our COACHES going to change this game plan.

Reply #115
Re:SOS, reckon those images lay to rest how he feels about the club now. Might have been barracking for the Saints, Jack deserves a place in our 22 for rnd1 ahead of McGovern...

Reply #116
Not much in that SOS footage IMO. He's never been a clapping / cheering kind of guy. That nudge and malocchio from Jo was pretty funny.

Reply #117
same old for me ,the long bomb into our fwd 50 ,does not work when are our COACHES going to change this game plan.
Been doing it as long as John Barker has been coaching

Reply #119
Re:SOS, reckon those images lay to rest how he feels about the club now. Might have been barracking for the Saints, Jack deserves a place in our 22 for rnd1 ahead of McGovern...

Talk about projecting.

Sos barely cracked a smile when he kicked a goal... or 10. We are judging him for not guessing at his son kicking a couple in a scratch match?!