Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood (Read 29797 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 8: Carlton vs. Collingwood

Reply #75
As close as this season is looking when you compare top sides to the bottom sides, it is hard to see where the next victory will be. We play the dogs only one more time before the season ends. ????????

Bring todays game attitude vs EFC and we will win.....less talented than the Pies and more hard ball shy, in short they are crap, poorly coached and we should beat them.

Reply #76
yes, he just makes us a better team.

At any rate, they got a couple of junk time goals, the ball on a silver platter regularly, they've rolled the Tigers, Lions, Port. sitting 2nd on the ladder...............most thought we would be facing annihilation. Our boys fought it out to the end. In 2015, that would have been a 100 point loss minimum.

As a matter of interest. 2015 Blues 45 - Pies 120.
Interesting frees for: 18 - 20
CP 126 - 127
1 % 59 - 46

I'd suggest we showed plenty of effort but were insignificant in terms of scoreboard pressure.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #77
Bring todays game attitude vs EFC and we will win.....less talented than the Pies and more hard ball shy, in short they are crap, poorly coached and we should beat them.

Drugcheats are trending with 'stop Tippa and you stop efc'  ^-^
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #78
Love your work Elwood. True open vision with perspective. We lost against the Kangas when they were rock bottom. I would put money on the Bombers at the moment. They fight hard when their backs are against the wall. I can’t see who we could beat. Melbourne maybe?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #79

Essendon hate the inside game. We play it pretty well for a young side hence we keep beating them. Like the Swans did last night for the same reason.

Reply #80

Cripps is an animal. Pie fans were calling us Crippton.

I guess when Curnow the younger really breaks out, they might call us Charleston ?

Reply #81
The I50 count looks a worry. 69-43 in the Pies favour. I haven't seen the game, but our defence must have done some wonderful damage limitation work.

Reply #82
Liked BBs media conference. Handled the question re Eddie with class. Also continue to like the fact he doesn't lean on cliches any more, you get more of the real person... which is good. Bravo.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #83
Will Dow's disposal ever improve? Stephenson's Rising Star award was bang on, has missed a beat, he wins the Filth games, Dow is one the few costing us games.

That’s pretty harsh. 20 disposals, 14 contested. DE 60% which is low but he didn’t cost us the game.

Had a cracking game year last year, can play and will improve.

Reply #84
Drugcheats are trending with 'stop Tippa and you stop efc'  ^-^

The Crippa will be all over the Tippa and any other player they have.... ;)

Reply #85
Love your work Elwood. True open vision with perspective. We lost against the Kangas when they were rock bottom. I would put money on the Bombers at the moment. They fight hard when their backs are against the wall. I can’t see who we could beat. Melbourne maybe?

Mants..I think luck will turn our way in the second half of the year and we will win a couple of these close ones, Bombers then Saints are our next wins IMO...the latter started well but have been hit hard with injuries
and with Stevens mental health battles are fielding a makeshift team. Think that Saints game might be crucial in a lot of aspects, lose that and the flak will start flying towards Ikon park. Win and we only need three more wins IMO in the 2nd half of the season to feel progress is being made.

Reply #86
Elwood I will be back after the Saints play the Eagles. I hope I don’t see something you haven’t at the moment.  ;D ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #88
Pretty enjoyable game for the most part. Collingwood have an ability to kick fast scrappy goals and their last quarter proved it as their best players lifted and kreuzer ran out of puff.

Umpiring has become an impossible task at league level. I don't blame the umpires for the shambles of today's game (much). i blame the afl making umpiring a stage management exercise where infringements are relegated in favour of a loose and moving ball. Numerous infringements both ways went ignored and rediculous frees awarded when it seemed an umpire wanted to get involved, having to make up their quota. The double 50 was idiotic, a case of the Carlton player setting it up. Yet if a player is clearly infringing the 6-6-6 rule they get a 'warning'. A warning at league level! Just in case the full time professionals don't know the rules.

Liked McGovern today- he makes space better than any of our forwards and has a terrific mark. We countered collingwood well today, covering their ability to zone and cover options. Back line too played a strong and mostly organised game, with Thomas providing lots of run in the first half.

Still, another loss. Its pretty disappointing. Hope they can bring the same standard for the rest if the year. Wins will come

Reply #89
We lost our heads yet again (umpiring issues aside) but we did stay with them for much of the game.  That's yet another lesson and one we should have learned well before now.  Four quarter efforts of intensity was always going to be needed against Collingwood.  Oh well, next week but the team need a win desperastely