Skip to main content
Topic: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch (Read 68378 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch

Reply #75
The club is super quiet about the hobbling Hendo and Watson, anyone with an update?

Maybe I'll ask Navy Andrew!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
No news here LP, but Henderson was clearly reluctant to kick longer than about 30-40 metres and that was prior to hearing your news about a calf.

Similar to Murphy they were deliberately not kicking long which is why they both passed off in scoring range.

Those passes generally didnt lead to goals, and therefore were a waste of time and potentially may have cost us the game.  If the guys we rolled out there are not fit, I shudder to think just how bad condition the rest of the list is to warrant carrying blokes that are only giving you so much in terms of output.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #77
No news here LP, but Henderson was clearly reluctant to kick longer than about 30-40 metres and that was prior to hearing your news about a calf.

Similar to Murphy they were deliberately not kicking long which is why they both passed off in scoring range.

Those passes generally didnt lead to goals, and therefore were a waste of time and potentially may have cost us the game.  If the guys we rolled out there are not fit, I shudder to think just how bad condition the rest of the list is to warrant carrying blokes that are only giving you so much in terms of output.

Hendo was taking long shots in the warm up before the game though, several from well outside 50m.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #78
He definately didnt want to kick long during the first term.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #79
Surely Garlett gets the vest if he keeps his spot. Give Menzel a decent run an it.

Would've loved Betts up front instead of Thomas. Looks like we'll be waiting a little to see the best of Daisy.
So I didn't see very much of the game at all but a mate who went on Sunday made the following comments:
1. Menzel appeared to be labouring around and look injured from the minute he came on. Many people around him also commented on this.
2. Our ruckmen were both jumping very early and were avoiding contact, were both deplorable.
Is it possible both rucks will be dropped? Is it possible Menzel won't play?
Just on Waite, I've said this many times, why not play him back?

1. My take on Menzel was not that he was labouring, just thats how he is. He is a little laconic and has a touch of Hoops about him. Seems to cruise around and do what he needs to do without ever looking too distressed. It gives the appearance of not going as hard as he can, but thats just him IMO.
2. I certainly would prefer both ruckmen to be dropped as they both offered us jack crape around the ground. I'd prefer to see Wood and Casboult come in.....and i'm well aware of how lacking Casboult is both in fitness and rucking ability.

Menzel will/should play...the whole game.
Waite can be used back, but to maximize our chances up forward, we need him there.

I don't think anyone can doubt the way he can take a game apart when given a chance.
The chances of his replacement doing the same, ie casboult, are unlikely.

We Agree.....dropping Warnock/Kruezer...that is the first time I have seen you so radical in approach.
Welcome to the dark side Krud... ;)

First time? You don't read a lot of my posts do you.

If it was up to me the AFL would have a lottery draft, divide the teams into conferences/divisions and completely change the way the game is presented on game day...and especially Grand Final.

In terms of our list and/or changes, i call it as i see it. Been calling for Robbos head well before it was fashionable and have been in favour of throwing everything at getting a genuine key forward along the way.

Reply #80
Surely Garlett gets the vest if he keeps his spot. Give Menzel a decent run an it.

Would've loved Betts up front instead of Thomas. Looks like we'll be waiting a little to see the best of Daisy.
So I didn't see very much of the game at all but a mate who went on Sunday made the following comments:
1. Menzel appeared to be labouring around and look injured from the minute he came on. Many people around him also commented on this.
2. Our ruckmen were both jumping very early and were avoiding contact, were both deplorable.
Is it possible both rucks will be dropped? Is it possible Menzel won't play?
Just on Waite, I've said this many times, why not play him back?

1. My take on Menzel was not that he was labouring, just thats how he is. He is a little laconic and has a touch of Hoops about him. Seems to cruise around and do what he needs to do without ever looking too distressed. It gives the appearance of not going as hard as he can, but thats just him IMO.
2. I certainly would prefer both ruckmen to be dropped as they both offered us jack crape around the ground. I'd prefer to see Wood and Casboult come in.....and i'm well aware of how lacking Casboult is both in fitness and rucking ability.

Menzel will/should play...the whole game.
Waite can be used back, but to maximize our chances up forward, we need him there.

I don't think anyone can doubt the way he can take a game apart when given a chance.
The chances of his replacement doing the same, ie casboult, are unlikely.

We Agree.....dropping Warnock/Kruezer...that is the first time I have seen you so radical in approach.
Welcome to the dark side Krud... ;)

First time? You don't read a lot of my posts do you.

If it was up to me the AFL would have a lottery draft, divide the teams into conferences/divisions and completely change the way the game is presented on game day...and especially Grand Final.

In terms of our list and/or changes, i call it as i see it. Been calling for Robbos head well before it was fashionable and have been in favour of throwing everything at getting a genuine key forward along the way.

I read all of your posts Krud and I generally find them amazing.... ;)

Reply #81
Funny optimism. 

Tigs will win by 30.

We don't have Garry Ablett.

Reply #83
The fact robbo still gets games is indicative of where the list is at

Reply #84
[1] When we name our side, we include only fit players. No playing half fit guys - they can't run out a game.
[2] We play a few forwards. Not just Waite. The question, is who?
[3] We work on our midfield so we get the ball out of the middle. I'm tired of seeing us smashed in centre clearances when the game is up for grabs. In fact, I'm tired of being beaten in centre clearances at all.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #85
[1] When we name our side, we include only fit players. No playing half fit guys - they can't run out a game.
[3] We work on our midfield so we get the ball out of the middle. I'm tired of seeing us smashed in centre clearances when the game is up for grabs. In fact, I'm tired of being beaten in centre clearances at all.

Just on #2, unless you are thinking we play players from other teams lists, i think we are stuck with Waite.  :-\

Reply #86

Just on #2, unless you are thinking we play players from other teams lists, i think we are stuck with Waite.  :-\

What about we bite the bullet and put time into Casboult and make him the fullforward....leave the Boult one out to lead up(not too far) or body up his man in the square....I'd even give Rowe another go but I think the Boult is more dangerous with those big one grab marks. He terrorised Essendon that one game, roughed up some of theose players and showed he could do it, I just think we have to leave him there to develop and not drop him after one or two ordinary games and show some faith in him.
Forget this Kruzer idea up forward as well.....he can ruck with Wood and leave the Boult down forward...reckon Jeffy, Menzel, Murphy would like the big Boult providing cover down there as well.
Use the more mobile Waite up the ground, also leaves us with the Henderson option of forward or back.

Problem we are going to have is now every team will play  three tall forwards and dictate how we lineup...I'd like to change that and make where Waite and Henderson play more unpredictable and have us dictate the tactics.

Reply #87

What about we bite the bullet and put time into Casboult and make him the fullforward....leave the Boult one out to lead up(not too far) or body up his man in the square....I'd even give Rowe another go but I think the Boult is more dangerous with those big one grab marks. He terrorised Essendon that one game, roughed up some of theose players and showed he could do it, I just think we have to leave him there to develop and not drop him after one or two ordinary games and show some faith in him.
Forget this Kruzer idea up forward as well.....he can ruck with Wood and leave the Boult down forward...reckon Jeffy, Menzel, Murphy would like the big Boult providing cover down there as well.
Use the more mobile Waite up the ground, also leaves us with the Henderson option of forward or back.

Problem we are going to have is now every team will play  three tall forwards and dictate how we lineup...I'd like to change that and make where Waite and Henderson play more unpredictable and have us dictate the tactics.
Yes RE Levi, No RE Rowe. Sammy just not up to it IMO. Whilst I am not sold on Levi (kicking and fitness), he is the best of a very bad lot.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #88
Scum looking the goods. God forbid we drop this game and then again against the scum.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #89
What about we bite the bullet and put time into Casboult and make him the fullforward....leave the Boult one out to lead up(not too far) or body up his man in the square...

EB1, you were doing OK until that bold point. For his size Casboult is so easily disposed of it isn't funny. I hope he is better this season but in the past the slightest contest and he almost stepped out of the way! He's a superstar at jumping from the back of the pack, but put him in the front or make it a wrestle and he has turned Bambi in the past.

I reckon if you wanted a bloke wrestling in the square any of our regular three tall defenders would be a better option.
The Force Awakens!