Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 18: Pre Game Polite Discourse: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 18091 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 18: Pre Game Polite Discourse: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #60
While it's true that Simmo didn't get a disposal in his first three games, he actually spent very little time on the ground.

I don't think anyone is writing Jaksch off after one game.  After all, Jaksch is in his fourth season on an AFL list and has played 14 senior games.  By that stage of his career, Simmo was a regular, had received a Rising Star nomination and was in the leadership group.  Yes, some big blokes can take longer and Jaksch might be a regular in 2017, but he's not really up to it now.

Good players don't need to get used to the speed of AFL, but they do need to take the game by the scruff of the neck in the VFL.

If JK could have just tried to look interested?  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #61
Slightly of topic but, woke up in hospital a little while ago bit drugged up, left Fox on from earlier, can hear it Carl v Swans game on hear Betts Waite , Garlett , Judd , thought wow we have a forward line again, the last few years were just a bad dream lol boy it was wet that night ..

Reply #62
If JK could have just tried to look interested?  ;)

KJ was good in his first game for us after we traded for him. He was solid in defense. He put his body on the line to make a big spoil and got crunched. Hurt his ribs from memory. He spent some time off the ground, but came back on. He showed plenty in that game.

Not sure what has happened to him since then, besides a few injuries, but at only 21, surely you let him get a feel for AFL level once he is in the team.
Its not like we are challenging for the 8 or something.

Talking about (not) looking interested, Everitts last month or so was about as disinterested as anyone has looked in navy bue this year.

Reply #63
KJ was good in his first game for us after we traded for him. He was solid in defense. He put his body on the line to make a big spoil and got crunched. Hurt his ribs from memory. He spent some time off the ground, but came back on. He showed plenty in that game.

Not sure what has happened to him since then, besides a few injuries, but at only 21, surely you let him get a feel for AFL level once he is in the team.
Its not like we are challenging for the 8 or something.

Talking about (not) looking interested, Everitts last month or so was about as disinterested as anyone has looked in navy bue this year.

Well trying to just look interested is pretty much the rock bottom minimum requirement!  :))

Everitt for sure is often guilty of not reaching that humble standard of effort and KJ IMO has been another in the very limited amount of times I've seen him play. Obviously it depends what those at the club think of them but I remember a video of the club's training session a few months ago in which Craig was focused purely on KJ and setting him tasks to go out and win in the training contests. There is obviously some kind of issue there.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #64
Blowing a gale up here... For some reason I'll be making my way out to the game. I f'ing hate Sydney, I hate their supporters and I hate the way the get preferential treatment from the umpires whenever they play.

Disappointed to seen Jaksch dropped after only one game. I don't recall seeing him do anything in the game, but like in cricket, there's not much use promoting someone and not giving them a decent chance to perform. It's not like we are challenging for finals, we need to see how well he can go before we cut him loose come season's end. He didn't do a whole lot less than Casboult has done this season. We must be one of the only teams in history to have our main key forward kick less than a goal per game.

Reply #65
 Watching the game in Bali ,hope we put pressure on there mids Sydney might be deflated after 2 big narrow losses come out cold .But they will find a way to win and they could of given KJ another week. Any way go bluebaggers  back to the pool after the game.LoL

Reply #66

Which is why he's in the VFL.
I don't think that Jaksch is disinterested, I think he's just not much of a footballer.
Anyhoo, back to the game at hand, does anyone reckon we'll get within 7 goals?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #67
Don't  think we'll  get within 10 goals
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #68

A 10 or 12 goal loss is possible but we've been busting a gut even with an average side and the players seem to have belief, so I'm hopeful of making some sort of a contest of it.
Franklin will be a handful and I can't think of who we've got that can hold him to even a moderately good game, I think Curnow can curb Hannebery to some extent.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #69
Watching the game in Bali ,hope we put pressure on there mids Sydney might be deflated after 2 big narrow losses come out cold .But they will find a way to win and they could of given KJ another week. Any way go bluebaggers  back to the pool after the game.LoL

Sounds tough ???? Hope you find some way to cope!

Reply #70
I said the same thing to a Swans supporter mate of mine last night, he disagreed completely. He pointed out their side is the youngest fielded in a very long time. He is not confident, I told he had nothing to worry about.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #71
I think Curnow can curb Hannebery to some extent.
Hannebery had a quietish game last week, wont do that two weeks in row.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time