Skip to main content
Topic: General Discussions (Read 112115 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: General Discussions

Reply #960
I have watched the talks.  You can't throw a blanket over everyone but those people with both bits you mention aren't trans or don't fit that gender construct.

I watched the talks.  Saw them from start to finish.  Have had these conversations with people.  For something that is supposedly based on science a lot of it based on subjective opinion of "im in the wrong body".  The woman born with gonads is clearly not in that category.

You'll also note that identity politics is a bigger part of this than the I was born in an ambiguous body.
Point is, nature stuffs up. Those people are proof enough that what you are saying doesn't stack up in those instances.

By extension, it's possible that nature stuffs up in other ways that are less obvious.

I'm not saying enrolments who wants to transition has a legitimate claim.
People have transitioned into reptiles, babies, aliens and whatever else that doesn't stack up to science.
However,  you need to judge each case on its merits.

Reply #961
Point is, nature stuffs up. Those people are proof enough that what you are saying doesn't stack up in those instances.

By extension, it's possible that nature stuffs up in other ways that are less obvious.

I'm not saying enrolments who wants to transition has a legitimate claim.
People have transitioned into reptiles, babies, aliens and whatever else that doesn't stack up to science.
However,  you need to judge each case on its merits.

Science doesn't care what you believe.

The fact that nature makes errors in some cases doesn't explain the subjective nature away in others.

Weve discussed science a little bit here but the science can't actually tell me someone was born in the wrong body.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #962
Psychology asks a question and examines the answer for a pattern of understanding, questions come from people, the answers come from people and the analysis or interpretation ultimately comes from a person. It's not like a physical science where assertions and observations have to match a physical state, algorithm or formula.

The evidence in studies of the mind is always subjective, there is a significant problem when those interactions and discussions are combine with physical sciences, it is inherently dominated by the subjective!

Much of the current debate isn't even scientific, it is politics / social politics dressed up in a veneer of science!

You can mount a philosophical or logical debate about some of the various claims, but the problem is to do that with integrity you have to assume that the people involved act logically, and we know that often they don't!

Carl Sagan was 100% correct when he made the statement, "The more extraordinary a claim is, the greater the burden of proof that is associated with it. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #963
Science doesn't care what you believe.

The fact that nature makes errors in some cases doesn't explain the subjective nature away in others.

Weve discussed science a little bit here but the science can't actually tell me someone was born in the wrong body.

I already stated that some people make a call on that stuff with less than scientific backing aka transforming into lizards, babies, aliens etc.

This is not  one size fits all.

In saying some cases are legitimate.
You seem to be saying that none are.

Reply #964
I already stated that some people make a call on that stuff with less than scientific backing aka transforming into lizards, babies, aliens etc.

This is not  one size fits all.

In saying some cases are legitimate.
You seem to be saying that none are.

Lizards, Babies, aliens....  Not even in the same ball park.  Those wants are something else that shouldn't be entertained when the surgery or money could be better spent, and serves only to feed the mentality of "I am different, I am special, look at me" which is the only thing I think might correlate with some trans people.

I think you will find, that your idea of what I am saying is just one component of a wider problem with this discussion.

I am saying, that some of this becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and people idealise the human experience and confuse that with some sort of identity which is just another construct of their own creation (with some additional programming).

Society has taught us that traditional gender roles are gone.  This is something we are embracing as a society, so by extension, which gender you identify as becomes really quite irrelevant in that world with a few exceptions likely surrounding procreation.  I think you will find that I am analysing this on a much more philosophical level than most people assume, because i come across as bigoted and potentially misogynistic but it actually isn't my intention.

Its my way.  I like to pull things apart, unpack them, because that's key to how I understand it, and I cannot understand how trans has become so prevalent in society, and the answer to me is clear as the day is long and I wonder why this isn't really being reinforced anywhere.  It's just become accepted that people trans.  Sure, that's not inherently an issue for the majority, but is it right?

The idea of what a male or female is, is 100% part of that issue.  Think about it, if you aren't a male, or aren't a female, what is your picture of the other gender?  How do they behave?  What clothes do they wear?  Thing is, is any of that even relevant to a gender, identity and know how someone would feel in a female/male world?

The answer is, it isn't.  Think about it.  I have raised this point before.  People don't actually debate it, they just dismiss it.  How can you dismiss your body, without truly having an understanding of what the other gender feels like?  The irony in that, is me dismissing a trans person for feeling that way, but that at least is understandable.  I cannot fathom their idea, thinking or understand it.  I can envision what its like to be blind.  Go to a dark place, turn the lights off, and then blindfold yourself.  Or even close your eyes.  That, you can feel and experience briefly but you never really understand that this is all you will experience if you do it and the wont even get the full experience of learning braille, unless you truly experience blindness, you dont know what it feels like. 

Being deaf is much more difficult to replicate, because our hearing is quite keen and you cant turn off the volume of the world.  Being lame we all experience in some degree for periods in our lives, but we don't know what its like to truly move around without a limb.  We briefly get a snapshot of these worlds if we want to experience it, but we don't know how it feels to be in that world 100% of the time, and this is where I tend to struggle with the idea that someone can really ever identify as a gender they don't biologically experience.

The thing is, none of us are really going to change tune.  We do agree on one aspect of this.  I will entertain that these people identify as, and refer to them as their gender of choice if that makes them happy, because I am not willing to be hurtful to people if that's what validates them.  I do question whether or not I should be validating that, but I am compartmentalising that component of it and hence why I bring it up here.  To any one trans person, it is fundamentally not my business.

Do I at least sound reasonable?

Paul Hewson

Reply #965
LP, a much improved elaboration.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #966
Lizards, Babies, aliens....  Not even in the same ball park.  Those wants are something else that shouldn't be entertained when the surgery or money could be better spent, and serves only to feed the mentality of "I am different, I am special, look at me" which is the only thing I think might correlate with some trans people.

I think you will find, that your idea of what I am saying is just one component of a wider problem with this discussion.

I am saying, that some of this becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and people idealise the human experience and confuse that with some sort of identity which is just another construct of their own creation (with some additional programming).

Society has taught us that traditional gender roles are gone.  This is something we are embracing as a society, so by extension, which gender you identify as becomes really quite irrelevant in that world with a few exceptions likely surrounding procreation.  I think you will find that I am analysing this on a much more philosophical level than most people assume, because i come across as bigoted and potentially misogynistic but it actually isn't my intention.

Its my way.  I like to pull things apart, unpack them, because that's key to how I understand it, and I cannot understand how trans has become so prevalent in society, and the answer to me is clear as the day is long and I wonder why this isn't really being reinforced anywhere.  It's just become accepted that people trans.  Sure, that's not inherently an issue for the majority, but is it right?

The idea of what a male or female is, is 100% part of that issue.  Think about it, if you aren't a male, or aren't a female, what is your picture of the other gender?  How do they behave?  What clothes do they wear?  Thing is, is any of that even relevant to a gender, identity and know how someone would feel in a female/male world?

The answer is, it isn't.  Think about it.  I have raised this point before.  People don't actually debate it, they just dismiss it.  How can you dismiss your body, without truly having an understanding of what the other gender feels like?  The irony in that, is me dismissing a trans person for feeling that way, but that at least is understandable.  I cannot fathom their idea, thinking or understand it.  I can envision what its like to be blind.  Go to a dark place, turn the lights off, and then blindfold yourself.  Or even close your eyes.  That, you can feel and experience briefly but you never really understand that this is all you will experience if you do it and the wont even get the full experience of learning braille, unless you truly experience blindness, you dont know what it feels like. 

Being deaf is much more difficult to replicate, because our hearing is quite keen and you cant turn off the volume of the world.  Being lame we all experience in some degree for periods in our lives, but we don't know what its like to truly move around without a limb.  We briefly get a snapshot of these worlds if we want to experience it, but we don't know how it feels to be in that world 100% of the time, and this is where I tend to struggle with the idea that someone can really ever identify as a gender they don't biologically experience.

The thing is, none of us are really going to change tune.  We do agree on one aspect of this.  I will entertain that these people identify as, and refer to them as their gender of choice if that makes them happy, because I am not willing to be hurtful to people if that's what validates them.  I do question whether or not I should be validating that, but I am compartmentalising that component of it and hence why I bring it up here.  To any one trans person, it is fundamentally not my business.

Do I at least sound reasonable?

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, and I think about things the same way you do.

I guess the parts we differ in is this.

You say it's more normal and thus it's becoming more normal.
Correct.....in part for the reasons you say.
However, in part because people feel they can be honest now too.
When being gay became more acceptable, did that turn more people gay or did it allows those who already were gay the freedom to come out, thus 'increasing' the amount of gay people. Similar imo.

Now going back to your gender identity qualification question.
There is no one answer that satisfies this question. I'll throw a couple things at you to think about.

1. Does it matter what they think or feel?
2. By extension, what is your take on people who suffer from (I think it's called) Alien limb syndrome? These are the people who have such an issue with one part of their body that they think its not theirs and seek to have it amputated. Only then can they feel 'whole' as such...and happy.
3. This highlights what would be considered a 'wiring' issue within the brain. Some people who have foot fetishs are believed to because of a similar wiring issue within the brain. That has people obsessing over a non-traditionally sexualising part. Is it for you to say that their feeling of that is wrong? Could they qualify why the feel that way? Could you understand if they did? They just know how they feel.
4. Does it matter WHY they think or feel that way?

Reply #967
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, and I think about things the same way you do.

I guess the parts we differ in is this.

You say it's more normal and thus it's becoming more normal.
Correct.....in part for the reasons you say.
However, in part because people feel they can be honest now too.

Not exactly.  My body has shaped my identity more than my identity has, so I will never understand this mode of thinking of the body is wrong.  These people dont seem to have that experience for whatever reason or if they do, its to make them think its wrong.  Nope, its yours.  I was the fat kid, and I did my best to turn that around, but after 30 years of exercise I was in the category of not fat for less than about 5 years all up.  As soon as my knee started giving me issues, the fat me returned.  Thats genetics at work, nothing else.  Im currently 100kg and 178cm.   For those playing at home, I way less than Cripps, and am roughly a foot shorter than him.  Oh, and I dont look fat either.  Over weight yes, but not fat.  Only heavy training changed it, and had me at 80kgs with about 3 less cm when I was in high school. 

When being gay became more acceptable, did that turn more people gay or did it allows those who already were gay the freedom to come out, thus 'increasing' the amount of gay people. Similar imo.
https://www.webmd.com/sex/what-is-lesbianism
The word “lesbian” comes from the name of the Greek island Lesbos, where Sappho was born. She was an ancient Greek woman who wrote poems that included homosexual themes. The term “sapphic,” named for this poet, also refers to female homosexuality.

I disagree on this point.  Sexuality was way more hidden and less important.  It didnt define people the way it does today.  See an earlier point I made about people needing to be special or different.

Now going back to your gender identity qualification question.
There is no one answer that satisfies this question. I'll throw a couple things at you to think about.

1. Does it matter what they think or feel?
I need some context for this.  Im not sure if you are asking this about trans or gay people.  Largely, what an individual thinks or feels, is a bit different to the collective.  I know Gay people who are not openly Gay and wear it like a badge of honour, but will tell those they trust about it, and are happier just being themselves.  On this point I am in furious agreement.  We shouldnt see trans/gender, we should see human being X, and worry about their character.  Thing is, sexual orientation says less about character.  I am in the wrong body I think speaks for a bit of a problem to do with mental health and identity.  When I state I know one trans person, it isnt knowing of one person, and having spoken to a person, its I know about this person on a much deeper level.  I worked in night club down commercial road in a past life when I was youngster and met a variety of weird and wonderful people.

2. By extension, what is your take on people who suffer from (I think it's called) Alien limb syndrome? These are the people who have such an issue with one part of their body that they think its not theirs and seek to have it amputated. Only then can they feel 'whole' as such...and happy.
  First time I am hearing of such a phenomenon, but it lives in a level of ridiculous to me.  These people dont need to lose a limb, these people have serious mental health issues, and need to be supported to work through this thinking not entertained and find a hatchet.  Perhaps they should be taken to a place where people have been born without a limb, confronted by them, and should be forced to explain their thinking to people who didnt get that opportunity.  Perhaps this would be abusive.  I am not necessarily nice about this, but whenever I hear of someone who has been given a golden opportunity to live a functional normal life and choose to throw it away I feel nothing but anger, because how dare you selfish individual do something like that, when one of the boys I went to school with died at age 18 because a brain tumour had other ideas for him.  Ive heard of too many tradegies in my lifetime and feel that these people who elect to do something completely stupid (yes I lack empathy for this and no Im not sorry about it) owe it to others NOT to do this.

3. This highlights what would be considered a 'wiring' issue within the brain. Some people who have foot fetishs are believed to because of a similar wiring issue within the brain. That has people obsessing over a non-traditionally sexualising part. Is it for you to say that their feeling of that is wrong? Could they qualify why the feel that way? Could you understand if they did? They just know how they feel.
I suppose Paedophiles feel the same way.  Should we green light that too? They will feel ok with it, wont they? 

FIX THE WIRING

4. Does it matter WHY they think or feel that way?
Absoscrewinglutely it does.

Paul Hewson

Reply #968
I think this debate is now starting to highlight a fundamental problem with many of the moderate ideologies.

@Thryleon‍ has also made a nice comparison between the concepts of sexuality versus gender, and how that can lead into a very slippery slope of justifying a behaviour via a physical state.

I just can't see how it can ever be the case that there isn't some line that is either being crossed or manipulated to the benefit of an outlier, and let's be clear about this, we are talking in most case about outliers not the majority. At some stage the societal price will be too high, and if you don't believe that to be true examine the public behaviour during the pandemic.

In a post a long time back I've already touched on the psychology that leads many of the people involved in this debate to split form the mainstream, a strong desire to be different but included, so much so that whenever a category becomes too populous they create a new one and claim to be part of it, so strong is the desire to be "apart yet included". It's a psychology that is driven by a strong desire to be unique, a one off, something part of but different from, ................... special!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #969
@Thryleon
Firstly, the gay stuff.
I know where the term comes from, but that is irrelevant.
The fact it is so old is also irrelevant, however, something else that is 'old' is the native american gender definitions which we've talked about before.

The point about the gay numbers is the more accepted it is, the more people feel comfortable coming out. I'm talking in recent history, like over our lifetimes. Being more public does not 'change' people into being gay, just allows them to be open about it. So more numbers does not equal more 'conversions' for lack of a better term, but rather more honesty.

Same logic to more trans people now.

1. Context is this. They are human, they feel the way they do. It does not affect anyone else in society. So why push back? Accept and deal. (This is not directed at you, but society as a whole)

2. https://www.healthline.com/health/alien-hand-syndrome
As suggested, its more about a wiring issue in the brain.
But they simply can't change the way they feel. You can't really comprehend how they feel. But they feel that way and it can't be changed.....unless.....something changes physically.

3. The difference is, as mentioned above, it doesn't hurt anyone. It is not against any rules/laws and it makes them feel better about themselves and live a better life.

4. Expand...

Reply #970
The point about the gay numbers is the more accepted it is, the more people feel comfortable coming out. I'm talking in recent history, like over our lifetimes. Being more public does not 'change' people into being gay, just allows them to be open about it. So more numbers does not equal more 'conversions' for lack of a better term, but rather more honesty.
Unfortunately, the right wingers are using the reverse logic to justify attacks on the LBQTI community in the US. They argue the greater percentage of people who self-identify as being queer than was the case in the ‘50s proves that a ‘social contagion’ is to blame. They argue that the antidote is to make life so tough for queer folk that everyone will resist “infection”. Any program that seeks to increase tolerance or address suicidality is therefore evil and needs to be ruthlessly opposed.

Reply #971
In fairness to @Thryleon‍ , I thinks it's quite reasonable to ask a question about the relationship between sexuality and gender, posing the question does not have to be always viewed as a subversive act.

There is a distinct relationship drawn between sexuality and gender in the media and social media, but I can't say it actually exists in reality! In think for political purposes both sides of the debate tried hard to make the same link but with different conclusions.

I suspect it would be quite hard if not impossible to make a bullet proof argument that linked identity to sexuality, you could possibly easily establish a trend, but not a rule because there will always be an exception.

If that premise is true, do we have to make laws and rules, both legal and social, for every exception?

Science is not without it's controversies, and can be reported in a distorted manner to suit politics as we well know. In this gender case I can use the example of science's understanding of pain and love. The physical science will suggest the two are different sides of the same coin, that is the pain of losing a limb is a flipside of being in love, because it turns out losing a love exhibits the same physical effects as losing a limb. Bizarre as that may be. What does this have to do with gender identity and sexuality? Well, the hurt and pain of living in the wrong body exhibits the same physical effects as losing a limb or a loved one. Here is the contradiction, pain is being more and more treated as a mental health issue rather than a physical effect, they actually proved this can be treated like an emotional state. It's a bio-psycho-social effect. Yet even though the science now identifies the effects of pain and love as a mental health issue with mental health solutions rather than physical solutions, it will tell you gender identity / dysmorphia isn't a mental health issue but a real physical issue. That contradiction seems to be a political decision and not at all following the science, in fact the direction and conclusions of the two different solutions seems quite arbitrary!

This can be quite hard to accept, because we have to understand and accept that pain, love, emotions are synthetic, just like the way we perceive colours pain and love are a construction of our mind!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #972
@Thryleon

1. Context is this. They are human, they feel the way they do. It does not affect anyone else in society. So why push back? Accept and deal. (This is not directed at you, but society as a whole)

This recent debate probably started from a discussion regarding the fairness of transgender athletes competing in women's competition.
So in respect of that it's probably the fact that there may possibly be a disadvantage to a section of society...the female opponent of the transgender athlete.

That's the dilemma....
Equality of opportunity for the trans athlete v fairness for their possible female opponents and integrity of records.

I'm beginning to feel a bit like Baggers
It's a can of worms.

And perhaps it’s to the credit of female former high-level athletes that they don’t use their highly-honed techniques to dominate masters events too. Masters footy isn’t dominated by ex-AFL stars mainly because they don’t play Masters footy. Libba does and he was dominating in the 35s category when he was over 50. Not only did his technique serve him well, he was fitter than his opponents as well.

It's interesting...and I can only speak in terms of Masters Track and Field.
While that's only a small section of the sporting landscape  it is relevant from the point of view that most competition involving transgender athletes will be at that lower than elite, or at a community level.

I'd personally would love the opportunity to compete against a Daley Thompson or Bruce Jenner in Masters competition through their 40s, 50s and 60s.
I'd like to know whether that age factor narrowed a considerable gap between us.

But it's a fact that not many elite athletes compete in their later years.
I suspect that has a bit to do with not continuing with the sacrifices to training and competition they made at their peak, but also it's a case of 'been there done that'.

I know through discussions with female Masters athletes they'd also like to compete against champions of the past
Here's the thing though....
I'm not sure those same  female athletes in the womens 70-75 division would share that enthusiasm if Jenner was in the start lists.

But here's another complicating factor to consider....
From my understanding Jenner has taken medication and had some facial surgery but retains her male bits.
There's a very good chance she wouldn't meet the requirements for competition as a female transgender athlete.

A lot of organisations are now producing rules and standards for transgender competition.
Here's the most recent one for Track and Field.

Definition of Transgender

The term ‘Transgender’ is used in these Regulations to refer to individuals whose gender identity (i.e. how they identify) is different from the sex designated to them at birth, whether they are pre- or post-puberty, and whether or not they have undergone any form of medical intervention.

Participation is encouraged with conditions

World Athletics recognises that Transgender athletes may wish to compete in Athletics in accordance with their gender identity. World Athletics wishes to encourage and facilitate such participation, on conditions that go only so far as is necessary to protect the safety of all participants and to deliver on the promise of fair and meaningful competition offered by the division of the sport into male and female categories of competition.

Conditions of participation

A Transgender athlete who wishes to participate in an International Competition, or to be eligible to set a World Record in a competition that is not an International Competition, agrees, as a condition to such participation:

· To comply in full with these Regulations

· To cooperate promptly and in good faith with the Medical Manager and the Expert Panel in the discharge of their respective responsibilities under these Regulations, including providing them with all of the information and evidence they request to assess his/her compliance and/or monitor his/her continuing compliance with the eligibility conditions referred to in these Regulations;

Procedure for applying for eligibility: male transgender athletes

· A transgender male athlete must provide a written and signed declaration, in a form satisfactory to the Medical Manager, that his gender identity is male.

· As soon as reasonably practicable following receipt of such declaration, the Medical Manager will issue a written certification of that athlete’s eligibility to compete in the male category of competition in International Competition and to set a World Record in the male category in a competition that is not an International Competition.

Procedure for applying for eligibility: female transgender athletes

A transgender female athlete must meet the following to the satisfaction of an Expert Panel

· She must provide a written and signed declaration, in a form satisfactory to the Medical Manager, that her gender identity is female

· Along with this she must provide a comprehensive medical history

The Medical Manager will refer the file (in anonymised form) to the Expert Panel for assessment

· She must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Expert Panel (on the balance of probabilities) that the concentration of testosterone in her serum has been less than 5 nmol/L3 continuously for a period of at least 12 months

· Also, she must keep her serum testosterone concentration below 5 nmol/L for

so long as she wishes to maintain her eligibility to compete in the female category of competition.

If the Expert Panel decides that the Transgender Female Eligibility Conditions have been met, the Medical Manager will issue a written certification of that athlete’s eligibility to compete in the female category of competition in International Competition (and to set a World Record in the female category in a competition that is not an International Competition).

That eligibility will be subject in every case to the athlete’s continuing satisfaction of the Transgender Female Eligibility Conditions, including continuously maintaining her serum testosterone at a concentration of less than 5 nmol/L.

The following are NOT required:

· Legal recognition of the athlete’s gender identity as the athlete’s sex

· Surgical anatomical changes

Clearly, although they state they encourage participation, such rules would be quite restrictive and even prohibitive for the average community athlete to comply with and are designed for international competition.
But there is an acknowledgement that there is some point where a transgender female athlete does have an advantage over their opposition and must take steps to enable eligibility.
No such regulations apply to the male transgender athlete.

That's just a snapshot of one sport.
Translate that over numerous sports and you get a feeling of some of the hurdles for transgender participation.

Here's one article that's very thorough, a bit wordy but puts into perspective the problems with the debate as the author seems to wrestle with their own thoughts on the issue.

https://sportsscientists.com/2019/03/on-transgender-athletes-and-performance-advantages/

Reply #973
@Thryleon
Firstly, the gay stuff.
I know where the term comes from, but that is irrelevant.
The fact it is so old is also irrelevant, however, something else that is 'old' is the native american gender definitions which we've talked about before.

Same logic to more trans people now.

2. https://www.healthline.com/health/alien-hand-syndrome
As suggested, its more about a wiring issue in the brain.
But they simply can't change the way they feel. You can't really comprehend how they feel. But they feel that way and it can't be changed.....unless.....something changes physically.

3. The difference is, as mentioned above, it doesn't hurt anyone. It is not against any rules/laws and it makes them feel better about themselves and live a better life.

4. Expand...

Sexuality and Gender are not same same but different.  More gay people won't spurn more gay people.  More people will be curious about it, maybe even give it a go, but sexuality is unique.  Pheromones make up a larger part of attraction and I think the right mix in the right person might attract you to someone of the same gender from time to time.  This is scientifically viewable.

Trans is a bit different.  You have avoided this part of the debate in a slippery manner with different analogies, but what can being male or female mean?  Is it behaviour?  Is it attire?  The point I am making isnt about the gender, its about the gender CONSTRUCT.  The role people believe a man or woman play and ergo, by extension question if they are that role.  Not that gender.  Identity is shaped by gender, not gender by identity.  ITS BACKWARDS THINKING.  How can i convey this message in any other way? 

Back to your analogy about the American Indian community.  From the same culture, The tale of the two wolves portrays the good and evil that lives within us, represented by the conscious and the unconscious desire of man. If we are unconscious of our thoughts, we are at the mercy of feeding the evil wolf. Our unconscious thoughts are the unresolved or repressed parts of our psyche.

Lets not make it good evil but its more about how you nurture your identity and the masculine and the feminine.  Sexuality is a much more biological process.  Not all women turn me on, but I am turned on by women.  I am fundamentally straight.  Feeding a gay component of my body will not limit my attraction to the women, but it may increase my ability to be turned on by men.  I am not gay, but I can appreciate a good looking rooster, and my thought is that he would do well with the ladies (or maybe even the men if so inclined). 

Trans on the other hand becomes a cycle of questioning ones self.  Feeding the wolf.  I am a woman in a mans body is repeated to the point that it is true.  Its programming, unless you belong to the very minute percentage born with some level of genetic ambiguity.  Its not honest to become a female if you arent one or vice versa.  Its actually a bit deceitful.

Not to mention, its actually not real based on my definition of Male: Human with male genitalia or Female:  Human with female genetalia.

What is it, about a trans person that makes them feel a different gender to their biology?  Ive asked this, I dont really get an answer, just what they feel makes them happy.  I feel happy when I buy new stuff, but that isnt the key to happiness.  When I am going through a tough time, I remember to be thankful for what I have acknowledging that I am quite fortunate for the things I have, and try to dismiss the things I don't.  THAT is the key to happiness.

With that point in mind, apply that to your question 4.  Be thankful for what you have.  Others would love to have your issues instead of their own.

2.  Read your link.  As I expected this is a completely no comparison.  The hand having a "mind of its own" isnt about getting it cut off at all, is sporadic, and amputation isnt given as a treatment option in your link.  It is effectively nuero diagnosed, and potentially treatable but in some cases where the neuro pathways are broken beyond repair, not the same thing. 

3.  Foot fetish.  The fact that you even state its a wiring issue in the brain, makes me state you already have your answer to this question.  You dont approve of that either.

Are you going to tell me, how these people somehow are granted the ability to find out how it feels to be a woman when they arent one or vice versa?

I can call you she, her, if you like, that still doesnt make you understand what menstruation or menopause feels like.

LODS has answered point 1 better than I can, but walking into a cubicle with a man dressed as a woman makes me feel a little uncomfortable, and I imagine females might feel the same.  Guess I am trans after all....  :D

Paul Hewson

Reply #974
It seems like "The Gold Standard" NSW has lost some of it's glitter!
Three days before the biggest flood in modern Australian history inundated the Northern Rivers, Lismore City Council was told by the NSW government that its concerns were “premature”. It was the first in a series of failures.
Just another sign of politics getting in the way of progress.

Water of course doesn't travel at the speed of light, it can't teleport instantly between open location and another, you can see it coming like a slow motion train wreck, except if you are a politician it seems! ::)
The Force Awakens!