Skip to main content
Topic: The Run Home (Read 30950 times) previous topic - next topic

The Run Home

I know it's a little early but being 3 wins and 5 losses, let's take a look at our run home after the bye.

Adelaide (MCG)
Brisbane (GABBA)

Geelong (ES)
Hawthorn (MCG)
Giants (SPO)
Collingwood (MCG)
St Kilda (ES)
Sydney (SCG
North (ES)
Freo (PS)
Gold Coast (ES)
Geelong (ES)
Port (AO)
Scum (MCG)

I've highlighted the games I feel we can definitely win playing at our current level.

We certainly have a very tough run home from round 17 onwards. If we win the ones I have us down as winning we will finish with 8 wins and 14 losses. I really can't see us pinching too many and and can see us possibly dropping the Adelaide and Essendon games. Tough times ahead unless the side starts to show a lot more.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Re: The Run Home

Reply #1
We'll probably lose to the Giants and beat Collingwood ::)

It'll depend each week which Carlton side turns up but that looks about what I'd expect.
The Essendon game may depend on who turns up for them ;)

I think we'll play better football towards the end of the season but it may not be enough to pinch some of those games

Reply #2
GC is winnable down here and there's always upsets (though we're likely to drop one we should win). Maybe we can get to 10 wins. Whilst still poor, its an okay result after starting zip and four.

Reply #3

I think we'll play better football towards the end of the season but it may not be enough to pinch some of those games

I expected that last year but history says this team plays worse in the second half of the year (which will admittedly be difficult this year)

Reply #4
Reckon we ll be a better side if we can get Judd, Carrots and Waite back in the side and up and firing. this will help us get across the line in a few more games then we think.

Reply #5
Yep if those three come back and play well and the side in general play with more passion, I reckon that we can pick up a few more for sure. I think finals are out of our reach though, going to be very difficult from here on in. Must start with a win vs Adelaide.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
If we win 8 games I would be ecstatic
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7

I expected that last year but history says this team plays worse in the second half of the year (which will admittedly be difficult this year)

I'm basing that on the fact that quite a few of our players had restricted pre-seasons
Players like Henderson (for example) will get better with games and uninterrupted training
Of course if we have further serious injuries that could throw that theory out the window.

Reply #9
About half a dozen less than I would have thought at the start of the year
The bar has been lowered.
It's a limbo not a high jump. :(

Reply #10
is anyone happy with 8 wins?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #12
is anyone happy with 8 wins?
Yes. I would love nothing better than win the next 6 or 7 in a row and start something special rolling. But given we are 3-5 with losses to craptrucks like Melb and Rich, it aint gonna happen. When we are at our worst, we look like we couldn't beat egg! We could turn the 1/2 way mark 5-5 but then we will get hammered by good sides. This year is most probably a write off as far as Im concerned. I think the number of pre season ops and interrupted pre seasons has been played down very much. Last time this happened coupled with injuries to players during the season, a coach got the ar$e. I reckon:
- Play some more kids
- continue to improve whilst getting  some "strategic" losses and finish as low as possible.
- clean out another 25% at years end
- load up with KPs from the drafft
- get ops done early
- pre season here in the heat (fork Arizona)
- do some serious work in building some consistency in our game

Have a good crack next year starting rnd 1. Early wins in a row are critical.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #13
I'll be happy with 8 wins provided I see another 1 or 2 of the recently drafted players show some serious potential. If Gilles and any one of Holman, Reynolds or Johnson  shows some series upside I'll be over the moon.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #14
Ok serious question time...

If we are happy with 8 wins in a season and losing to Melbourne why did we sack Ratten?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset