Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2021 Rd 15: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 7818 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2021 Rd 15: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #15
JSOS worries me?

Is he injured?

The Guv comes straight back in imo.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
Am glad that Kennedy is showing he's a player....

Tough too.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #17
Martin has all the talent but just lets himself down by going missing or getting lazy at the wrong times.
When he touches the ball and is on song though he is a A grade player, just need to find what it is that prevents him from
being more consistent.

Blues fan Kane Cornes referred to his knee still not being right.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #18
Playing them in their right spots helps!

Genius gameday strategy isn't it?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #19
His first few full seasons at GC were remarkable - and he was consistent.

Yes, it's between his ears....
And only he can fix that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20
A win is a win is a win.  :)

Most importantly, despite another slow start, there was terrific effort for 3 and a bit qtrs.

Thank you to Crows for relaxing in the 2nd, ...very well done for our boys to take full advantage of that, better sides do that. Some blistering and exciting footy. Created an important buffer.

Fought out the 3rd and final qtrs with v. strong efforts. Better defensive effort.

If we'd kicked straighter in the final... then again, they could say that if they kicked straighter in the first. Cancelled each other out.

Only a couple of passengers... some really sensational individual efforts: Saad, Walsh, Jones... chief among them.

Loved the games from: Williams, Plowman, Weits, Dow, SPS, Edwardo, Newman, Kennedy, Owies & Stocker.

Did their job/worked hard: Martin, TDK, H.

Mmmm: Newnes.

Concerned: Jack, Fogarty.

In a nutshell: one helluva better effort - well done boys. Still a fair way to go.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #21
It's remarkable (not really, it's logical) that when you play as a team, players who often cop a fair bit criticism suddenly look a level or two better.

It's all down to support.
If your mates lift their efforts your job becomes easier.
We saw it all over the ground today.
Struggling players performing at a level we've thought them capable of playing.

The key is still consistency.
We have to see it on a regular basis.

Reply #22
I liked them flying the flag when Weeters got collected.  The umpires don't protect you,  your teammates do
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #23
Apart from the 4 points, the best thing IMO was the more even contribution across the board. It wasn't just the 3 or 4 usual suspects. There's still too many issues for us to be much higher up on the ladder - we only won 1 quarter, minus 16 in clearances, and the tackle count was a little low for my liking.

On the flip side, the uncontested possessions we won very comfortably, which is usually a sign of high work rate (or the opposition's lack of work). It was a pretty fair effort, considering we were down on numbers. Baby steps I suppose.

Reply #24
Loved Dow's game today, more of that please Paddy.
Funny what happens when you play players in their correct positions. ;)

I might be wrong, but was Dow in at the first bounce?

SPS up forward/mid worked well. Martin playing closer to goals provided a good target inside 50.

Reply #26

SPS up forward/mid worked well. Martin playing closer to goals provided a good target inside 50.

Firstly I dont care what positions/role you are asked to perform, a red hot crack for four qtrs in non negotiable.
I think youre right, Dow was in at the first bounce.
Martin ran his ass off up and down the ground all day. Sure he turned a bad one over which resulted in a Adel goal but that and a few misses were probably his only blemishes. Contested ferociously, put his lads on the line, thats what's expected every week. He was on his haunches sucking in big ones a lot, but that's AFL life.
Sam Walsh, what can I say. His GPS probably melted today but when interviewed at the end of the game, he looked fresh as a daisy. Not a bead of sweat on him, an unbelievable athlete and footballer.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #28

Martin, Betts, SPS forward of centre - terrific.

Betts should get a contract for next year.

That would have been mark of the year.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #29
Did our best to lose it but the usual suspects in Weitering, Jones and Ed Curnow held us together in the last quarter.
Like TDK's game in the ruck...didnt take flashy marks but worked hard in the ruck contests...
Dow also played his best game IMO....nothing flashy but good steady football and minimized his errors.
Not a great game standard wise but very enthralling to the end and very satisfying to get the win, I expected us to win well
but a grinding win can often be more what benefits the team and I hope we can back up again next week and grind another win vs Freo.
PS..The Crows Fogarty needs a clip around the ear......
As for Fogarty, I don't expect to see much of him for the rest of the year. he lowered the shoulder and deliberately tried to injure Weitering. He should go for plenty of weeks.
Not sure of he was reported at the time, but he should have been.
Live Long and Prosper!