Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion (Read 59882 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion

Reply #60
Has our culture, the fibre of the CFC been so eroded by consistent failure over the past 15 years that we now find positives in a 10 goal loss!!!

Have we supporters become so accustomed to failure that we are placated by, appeased by and even moderately happy with 'honourable losses'? Because that's what's occurring.

Today we lost by 10 goals and that’s absolutely unacceptable.

Our forwards without the help of our mids, were limp – please, no more excuses about delivery. Our tall forwards are limp.

The unless you have a secret way to undo the mess of Malthouse in a way that circumvents the draft, the cap and trading we will be subject to these types of losses for a while.

...and if we are going to lose we need to find the green shoots BB talks about. Today there was some, not many.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #61
Has our culture, the fibre of the CFC been so eroded by consistent failure over the past 15 years that we now find positives in a 10 goal loss!!!

Have we supporters become so accustomed to failure that we are placated by, appeased by and even moderately happy with 'honourable losses'? Because that's what's occurring.

Today we lost by 10 goals and that’s absolutely unacceptable.

Our forwards without the help of our mids, were limp – please, no more excuses about delivery. Our tall forwards are limp.

Not acceptable...but not able to be fixed until we go to the draft/ trade period again.
We only have one forward who is a guaranteed selection each week.
He's hit and miss at best with his kicking and offers very little else but a strong mark.

Reply #62
Nope
Not acceptable...but not able to be fixed until we go to the draft/ trade period again.
We only have one forward who is a guaranteed selection each week.
He's hit and miss at best with his kicking and offers very little else but a strong mark.

It's definitely grit the teeth days for a while yet! My main hope is that the players' morale does not get undermined by win-deprivation while we endure the rebuild process. We are fighting it out atm but how long can we sustain that if we can't get a few uplifting wins.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #63
9 possessions and 1 Mark, 1 goal...

That's both Carlton Ruckman combined.

Vs

33 disposals, 14 marks, 7 goals.

Wow!

About $1.3 mill difference too. ;)

Reply #64
I'd play Jones ahead of Everitt next week........just sick of Everitt coasting along providing no effort or pressure unless its obvious he has to contest...

I see him jib the obvious ones as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #65
However, of all the things we have done to alter our game plan, the least effective thing appears to be our midfield. We set up in a way that doesn't close other teams down but is ultra attacking. Now that works fine if your ruckmen get a lot of taps and direct them to quality mids. It doesn't work when we lose the taps, or can't direct them.

I'll tell you what the problem is. Gibbs and Murphy are simply not desperate enough at the centre bounce, the amount of times they get their hands on the ball and just let it go when pressured. There was one centre bounce when it was two goals all (2.0.12 - 2.1.13), first Gibbs got his hands on the ball and fumbled when he heard the footsteps, next thing he's lost it. Ball bounces to Murph, he picks it up, gets body contact from the side and drops it flinging himself on the ground looking for a free. Just pathetic and of course Sydney sweep the ball away and score. Now I challenge anyone on here to go back and look at that and tell me that is acceptable, they did exactly the same thing last week.

We simply cannot go forward with such a soft player (Gibbs) being around the ball so much and a player like Murphy who is a little harder but let's face it picks and chooses when to go. These two blokes are two of the highest paid at the club and arte supposed to lead by example, let's cut them loose before they halt this club's development any further. They will just look to piggy back on Cripps for a free ride, just like they did Judd. Quite simply, they are the AFL version of remoras.

We thought we had weeded out the players with no heart, well unfortunately there are two or three left, the two above being exactly that. I would look to trade both at year's end.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #66
I'll tell you what the problem is. Gibbs and Murphy are simply not desperate enough at the centre bounce, the amount of times they get their hands on the ball and just let it go when pressured. There was one centre bounce when it was two goals all (2.0.12 - 2.1.13), first Gibbs got his hands on the ball and fumbled when he heard the footsteps, next thing he's lost it. Ball bounces to Murph, he picks it up, gets body contact from the side and drops it flinging himself on the ground looking for a free. Just pathetic and of course Sydney sweep the ball away and score. Now I challenge anyone on here to go back and look at that and tell me that is acceptable, they did exactly the same thing last week.

We simply cannot go forward with such a soft player (Gibbs) being around the ball so much and a player like Murphy who is a little harder but let's face it picks and chooses when to go. These two blokes are two of the highest paid at the club and arte supposed to lead by example, let's cut them loose before they halt this club's development any further. They will just look to piggy back on Cripps for a free ride, just like they did Judd. Quite simply, they are the AFL version of remoras.

We thought we had weeded out the players with no heart, well unfortunately there are two or three left, the two above being exactly that. I would look to trade both at year's end.
Unfortunately we can't get rid of everyone out all at once. We have about 10 soft players still on our list. It will take another 3-4 drafts. Softies will be phased out over time. We have to be patient.

Reply #67
Unfortunately we can't get rid of everyone out all at once. We have about 10 soft players still on our list. It will take another 3-4 drafts. Softies will be phased out over time. We have to be patient.

Spot on. There won't be many of the original team left when BB and SOS have finished!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #68

But these two especially have currency, they are selfish and soft and are in everything we do. Seriously we cannot have them taking a free ride on poor Crippa again like they did yesterday, also Cripps had 2-3 blokes on him at every stoppage, surely Murphy and Gibbs should benefit from this? BS. Gibbs is worse than Murphy so if we had to choose one it must be him.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #69
About $1.3 mill difference too. ;)

People forget how big the Tippett deal is because it has since been overshadowed by Buddies deal.

But I find it ironic how many people on here complain about the ruck division, many of the same people basically spent years wanted our ruck division cut back because we had too many rucks who couldn't play as forwards. Well bad news people, that is normal as rucks at best are only part time forwards. So they the whiners got what they asked for and now our club that had the dominant ruck division just 5 years back has a thread bare remnant patched up and being held together by a half forward / half ruck.

As a result a bloke like Cripps is mostly wasted winning the contested footy back because the opposition are getting first use of the ball time and time again. Then the whiners surface again crying loudly that we have made Cripps the new Judd, what the feck are the whiners blind to cause and effect?

Thankfully these nuffies are no longer in charge and the club has become less reactive, because otherwise it would be chaos. But it's going to take at least 5 years to fix what the club deliberately broke!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #70
I thought Murph was really good yday before being pushed out or fading out of the game - Gibbs disappointed me yday but he was interviewed after the game on ABC and spoke really well - he's obviously one of the leaders at the club but I didn't like his game yday at all.

Murph can only do so much on his own and I totally disagree with him being soft or picking and choosing when he goes - very harsh imo.

Reply #71
Murph can only do so much on his own and I totally disagree with him being soft or picking and choosing when he goes - very harsh imo.

Not really, look at how Cripps hunts the ball even with two blokes hanging off him. That's how Murphy should be attacking the ball and anything less is just not good enough, for a 19 year old to be showing the captain the way is just wrong. Then add to that that Murphy could not even take advantage of the fact that Cripps had two hanging on to him. gibbs is worse I'll give you that, neither of them are worth the money they are on/ They are the highest paid players by default.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #72
Cripps himself was extremely disappointing yesterday.

Our team did not play well yesterday. That was the disappointing thing. Forget all the green shoot etc. we could not have played much worse.

Mids played really really pooly. All of them. Kreuze and Gibbs had absolute shockers.

Reply #73
Cripps himself was extremely disappointing yesterday.

Had two blokes hanging on to him at every stoppage. He was sacrificed, the supposed senior players at the club could not take advantage of it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #74
Murph also does not have the size of Cripps. Murph tries his guts out but there's only so much he can do and he did more yday than Cripps did and I don't believe that Murph was left on his own, he was just as tagged as Cripps was