Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 14 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Richmond (Read 3958 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 14 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #15
Players are getting smart and flicking their fingers during smoother attempts to muddy the waters, it's just another way to cheat!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
Just watched that score review again. Those fingers were seriously wobbling before the ball got to his hand.

Fair chance it cost us the game. How much do those idiots get paid in the Arc again?

Reply #17
Injuries have crueled us and we are close to the point where is it worth picking a team that can be competitive or tank for a few weeks by playing a reserve team and resting every one of our A graders and anyone that has any slight niggle and put them in cotton wool till we have soldiers returning. We just can’t take a trick.

Apparently Durden has a knee and Martin re injured his calf so 2 more to the list after tonight’s game.

Reply #18
Can't beat 21 with 18.

I called it before the game the afl didn't want us winning today.

Theres 4 points between 10th and top 4.
I do not believe there are rigged games

BUT I do believe some teams use dirty tactics to sway the umpiring - Richmond and Cats - every time arms in the air looking at the umpires in disbelief whether it’s a close call or not. Every time complaining to them after every opportunity

That makes a difference! I hate seeing it but they do it all the time

Also the exaggerated throw the head back etc - staging. Bet we won’t see that Prick reiwoldt fined for it tho!

Reply #19
Very poor start. Fumbles, overuse, and getting late to contests. When H got his mojo, I thought we were a chance against the odds. Our mids did well to take back the CPs.

The 2 touched calls and some bs umping calls put it out of reach.

Great to see some lower lights shining. Hats off to Boyd, tall Durdin, Young, LoB to name a few.

TDK is thriving beyond my expectations. Saad played well for a guy who had his eye poked out.

Doc is the definition of courage.
Doc is the definition of commitment.

Disappointing result but buoyed by the performance. Especially after half time. We're almost there.....finally

Our Injuries. Well that's the definition of cruelty. Well wishes to the half of the squad in recovery mode.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #20
Cant have goaless qtrs and expect to wim.
Cant play dry weather footy when its pissing down.
All things considering, the defence was good.
H eventually played virtually played a lone hand up fwd, smalls were non existent.
Teague was in the opposing box. We thought we'd make him feel right at home with a zero to 6 goal first 45 minutes.

Reply #21
LOB + Fisher - zero tackles
Shai Bolton 3

Conditional Players

Reply #22
Shai Bolton 3

Conditional Players
I recall one tackle that we stuck. Which we were t rewarded for.  But no others.

Reply #23

Great to see some lower lights shining. Hats off to Boyd, tall Durdin, Young, LoB to name a few.

To name a couple more - Cottrell and Newnes

I agree that Boyd was very good and that Sam Durdin played his part.

Reply #24
IMO, the video umpire was influenced by a concerted campaign by the Richmond players to claim it was touched, including signalling touched to the bench and refusing to set up for the bounce. The video umpire obviously decided that they because they were so adamant, it must have been touched and he would be hammered if he didn’t overturn it.

Interesting take. Reminds me of the West Indies bowlers in the 80’s. They all go up in appeal and run off to the change rooms. Umpire thinks, “oh well, must be out. Game over lads.”

The score review process has improved but that incident shows it still needs refining.

There was no discernible touch on the ball so I’m not sure how they called it a point.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #25
Disappointed but we didn't play that badly I thought. Richmond played the kamikazee style from the get go and it seemed to me we were slow to react. Seriously some of their hacks forward just found blokes just sitting there. Is that skill or luck? Not unhappy with our form just disappointed. Think we can beat Freo next week under the roof.
Postscript: Boyd seems seems to be travelling ok at the moment. Maybe early impressions were premature?

Reply #26
Very poor start. Fumbles, overuse, and getting late to contests. When H got his mojo, I thought we were a chance against the odds. Our mids did well to take back the CPs.

The 2 touched calls and some bs umping calls put it out of reach.

TDK is thriving beyond my expectations. Saad played well for a guy who had his eye poked out.

Doc is the definition of courage.
Doc is the definition of commitment.

Disappointing result but buoyed by the performance. Especially after half time. We're almost there.....finally

Our Injuries. Well that's the definition of cruelty. Well wishes to the half of the squad in recovery mode.

Great summation
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #27
Shai Bolton 3

Conditional Players
Kennedy had 0 also. They had 4 with zero, so did we, you get that in games. I thought LOB was pretty good int he conditions.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #28
Seems like the first time in ages (I may be wrong) that we have lost the I50 count, convincingly I might add at 76 to 51. We can pick out umpiring calls if we like but with those sorts of numbers and a goaless 1 qtr and a bit, we were lucky to only lose by 15.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #29
Disappointed but we didn't play that badly I thought. Richmond played the kamikazee style from the get go and it seemed to me we were slow to react. Seriously some of their hacks forward just found blokes just sitting there. Is that skill or luck? Not unhappy with our form just disappointed. Think we can beat Freo next week under the roof.
Postscript: Boyd seems seems to be travelling ok at the moment. Maybe early impressions were premature?
Hack kicks fwd go to the man in front more often than not and they exploited this tactic all night long. Sure some were assy but they kept doing it. I just found it extremely frustrating watching us play in the wet like we did.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th