42 - Tuohy
[ 5 ] (5.7%)
43 - White
[ 4 ] (4.5%)
46 - Ellard (subbed off)
[ 7 ] (8%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: May 23, 2014, 09:56:11 pm

Topic: R8 - WORST on ground vs Saints (Read 22115 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R8 - WORST on ground vs Saints

Reply #45
I do agree Mav, but I'll reserve judgment at this stage.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was hard to find 3 worst on ground as I believe it was a very even team performance.

FWIW, I suspect Bell was dropped earlier in this season for doing similar things, positioning for the break away while letting somebody else deal with his man. It all looks good until you lose the clearance!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #46
Guys we are not going to agree.  It's a forum.  Opinions will differ, it's why we all get a vote.

But like you have just said, its a forum... And a forum Is for discussing opinions..  Thats what we are doing.  ;)

Reply #47
Levi is the best contested mark at the club. We need to continue his development and support him. He is looking more comfortable and I expect that's how he shall improve.

We don't need a Richo or Riewoldt at Carlton and Casboult looks like a deadset Richo!

Blokes like Richo and Riewoldt hold you back rather than take you forward, they are like a mirage in the desert, they just don't deliver when it counts!

I don't want a stuck with a scatter gun CHF for the next 10 years that does just enough on the odd games for fans to love them, and burns us in all the others. I'd rather have a plodder Maclure type out there who gives 100% reliability week in and week out without ever really being a superstar!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #48
He's better than anything else we have ATM LP. I think his field kicking is pretty good, let's play him as a CHF. Earl Spalding styles.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #49
Was going to say exactly that.

In fact having him at a Richo or Riewoldt level would be an improvement for us and him.

He would win us a couple in that way at least.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #50
He's better than anything else we have ATM LP. I think his field kicking is pretty good, let's play him as a CHF. Earl Spalding styles.

Earl Spalding played year by year alongside Stephen Kernahan, not as a primary target!

That is without regard to Kouta, Christou, Pearce, Alan and Beaumont all who floated around the ground as marking targets with Hanna and Brown in the mix! Casboult would be at the bottom of that list with Beaumont!

Back then Matthew Allan average 4 or 5 marks a game as much as Casboult (206 takes that many a season! :( )

Put Casboult in that mix and he is 3 or 4th in line as a target.

In that respect I think the Spalding analogy misses the mark, however if we get two other key forward targets Casboult might fit the bill!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #51
Was going to say exactly that.

In fact having him at a Richo or Riewoldt level would be an improvement for us and him.

He would win us a couple in that way at least.

Yeah right, they win games, then they cost you a big one!

The negatives far, far, far out weigh the positives!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
Levi is the best contested mark at the club. We need to continue his development and support him. He is looking more comfortable and I expect that's how he shall improve.

We don't need a Richo or Riewoldt at Carlton and Casboult looks like a deadset Richo!

Blokes like Richo and Riewoldt hold you back rather than take you forward, they are like a mirage in the desert, they just don't deliver when it counts!

I don't want a stuck with a scatter gun CHF for the next 10 years that does just enough on the odd games for fans to love them, and burns us in all the others. I'd rather have a plodder Maclure type out there who gives 100% reliability week in and week out without ever really being a superstar!

Mate Richo kicked 800 goals in a mostly crap side. If Levi could get anywhere near that, I'm taking it. We chased Cloke and look how he's travelling ATM in a very good side.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #53

Mate Richo kicked 800 goals in a mostly crap side. If Levi could get anywhere near that, I'm taking it. We chased Cloke and look how he's travelling ATM in a very good side.

Cloke is the prime example, clubs become dependent on blokes who are living on a roller-coaster and the whole side ends up on the roller-coaster with them! I'd rather have a Hale type!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #54
Time to send Hendo down back.....

Maybe try Everitt/Walker/Jamo/Watson as a roaming key forward (the first two at least).

Hendo is underperforming up front atm.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #55

Maybe try Everitt/Walker/Jamo/Watson as a roaming key forward (the first two at least).

Hendo is underperforming because he doesn't have his mate, Waite, taking some heat off him.

Casboult doesn't demand the same attention Waite does, so Hendo is taking all the extra heat.

If we send Hendo down back, he will play better, but the team will suffer as we won't have anyone to kick goals.

The 4 players you mentioned will not do any better (long term) as a key forward. They might have a good game here and there, ala Duigan against the tiges last year, but you are not solving any problems there.

The backline is working, don't disrupt that to give Hendo an easy game. Find Hendo a legitimate partner in crime up forward to get him an easy game.

Reply #56

Hendo is underperforming because he doesn't have his mate, Waite, taking some heat off him.

Casboult doesn't demand the same attention Waite does, so Hendo is taking all the extra heat.

If we send Hendo down back, he will play better, but the team will suffer as we won't have anyone to kick goals.

The 4 players you mentioned will not do any better (long term) as a key forward. They might have a good game here and there, ala Duigan against the tiges last year, but you are not solving any problems there.

The backline is working, don't disrupt that to give Hendo an easy game. Find Hendo a legitimate partner in crime up forward to get him an easy game.

Rumour has it he recently has just broken up with his girlfriend that he's had since high school.
If true that definitely can affect players form. Just ask capper.

Reply #57

Rumour has it he recently has just broken up with his girlfriend that he's had since high school.
If true that definitely can affect players form. Just ask capper.

I think Gibbs went through similar at one stage.

Reply #58
Mate there's some great excuses flying around in here, I'll tell you why Hendo is underperforming, because as a forward, he doesn't attack the ball like he really wants it. Happy to make that lead up the ground and make that attempt to mark but you look at other forwards and they attack the mark like it's the last they'll ever do. Hendo just coasts too much for my liking, send him down back where he's under pressure and needs to focus. Real disappointment this year.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #59
Mate there's some great excuses flying around in here, I'll tell you why Hendo is underperforming, because as a forward, he doesn't attack the ball like he really wants it. Happy to make that lead up the ground and make that attempt to mark but you look at other forwards and they attack the mark like it's the last they'll ever do. Hendo just coasts too much for my liking, send him down back where he's under pressure and needs to focus. Real disappointment this year.

Agree wholeheartedly.
Finals, then 4 in a row!