Skip to main content
Topic: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Back on the winners list!) (Read 34239 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Back on the winners list!)

Reply #45
Yarran is back to his form of 2011. Not surprising considering he's played more of a role across HB this year. In the end a player with so much talent will always come good. I do however like the idea of switching him in between attack and defence.

PI2C Yarran started on the wing when Jones went to him he pushed fwd then for matchups went back, Yazz has become our swingman!!!

I think we can give the recruiters are tick on this one now?

If he played for Hawthorn he would be compared with Rioli and reckon he provides more than Cyril does.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #46
Hear yarran after the game say that he has so much confidence in any position he is put in now thanks to Mick. 
I don't think I've ever seen yarran play with so much confidence. It's great to see.
It was only a week or so ago Bucks was saying how great Mick has been for his confidence and growth aswell. Looks like Mick knows how to develop these young guys which is great to see.
Gee Menzel was fantastic last night. Turns the game on its head in one quarter.
Gibbs was fantastic, simmo excellent and Levi is coming on very well. I actually thought white and rowe were great too.
That Reiwoldt is a champion and I was very disappointed in our cheer squad starting a chant that he is a wankker. Far from it.
Well don't to everitt for keeping montagna to just 20 odd possessions.

I was thinking last night that i can probably give a tick to Mick for his development of Yarran, on the other hand for the plaudits of Mick for Yarran he has destroyed the confidence of Garlett...

@ EB - Docherty is a natural replacement for Scotland. Moves like him and everything, reads the play well and can kick!

Not sure we can blame Mick for Garlett ducking his head last night... I love Jeffy, but there's certainly something not right with him. Whether its Betts going or Mick giving him a rocket and dropping him, he certainly needs to lift.
He was dropped for not putting on enough forward pressure (along with Waite)...  Wiley said on the Blue print, that he just barely did enough in the 2's to get a call up..  Something tells me that he has some off field issues or something that's really affecting him. He seems disinterested at times.  Hopefully he gets over it and takes Yarrans approach and comes good. He is a very quiet lad thats for sure. 

Reply #47
Yarran is back to his form of 2011. Not surprising considering he's played more of a role across HB this year. In the end a player with so much talent will always come good. I do however like the idea of switching him in between attack and defence.

Yarran is no longer quiet or timid, he is playing with supreme confidence and looks to be loving footy.. He defends excellent and never shirks it anymore.  Great signs. 

Reply #48
Hear yarran after the game say that he has so much confidence in any position he is put in now thanks to Mick. 
I don't think I've ever seen yarran play with so much confidence. It's great to see.
It was only a week or so ago Bucks was saying how great Mick has been for his confidence and growth aswell. Looks like Mick knows how to develop these young guys which is great to see.
Gibbs was fantastic, simmo excellent and Levi is coming on very well. I actually thought white and rowe were great too.
That Reiwoldt is a champion and I was very disappointed in our cheer squad starting a chant that he is a wankker. Far from it.

I was thinking last night that i can probably give a tick to Mick for his development of Yarran, on the other hand for the plaudits of Mick for Yarran he has destroyed the confidence of Garlett...

@ EB - Docherty is a natural replacement for Scotland. Moves like him and everything, reads the play well and can kick!

I think Yarran is a lot tougher mentally than Garlett.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #49

I think Yarran is a lot tougher mentally than Garlett.

He is now thats for sure, but Yarran was very similiar only a year or so ago.  He sulked when he was made the sub remember and cracked it with Mick..

Reply #50

Not sure we can blame Mick for Garlett ducking his head last night... I love Jeffy, but there's certainly something not right with him. Whether its Betts going or Mick giving him a rocket and dropping him, he certainly needs to lift.
He was dropped for not putting on enough forward pressure (along with Waite)...  Wiley said on the Blue print, that he just barely did enough in the 2's to get a call up..  Something tells me that he has some off field issues or something that's really affecting him. He seems disinterested at times.  Hopefully he gets over it and takes Yarrans approach and comes good. He is a very quiet lad thats for sure.

Garlett is in trouble I reckon.

Mick was a fan to begin with.

I think he might be suffering from "writing on the wall" syndrome.

Fairly one dimensional in terms of positions he can play and the way he plays his football at times. I would be concerned if I was Jeff.

Its probably whats playing on his ability to impact games at the moment.  Where else can he be useful?  I can see him and Menzel vying for the same role and one of them being squeezed out (Menzel is starting to go through the midfield a little bit in spurts and is dangerous when he has the ball in hand no matter where he is).  Its also hurting him that Ellard seems to be able to do a similar role and has a little bit more versatility about him regarding stopping an opposition midfielder and also being able to hit the scoreboard.

I like Jeff, but he is forming as someone with currency who could help us fill a deficiency, has currency and we can afford to lose...

He might have got a sniff of this and hence his reduction in output.  Its funny what pressure and confidence can do to one player.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #51

PI2C Yarran started on the wing when Jones went to him he pushed fwd then for matchups went back, Yazz has become our swingman!!!

I think we can give the recruiters are tick on this one now?

If he played for Hawthorn he would be compared with Rioli and reckon he provides more than Cyril does.

Be careful Shadesy, Rioli is a protected species  ;)

Reply #52

He is much better defensively now then he was in 2011.

Reply #53

It's a myth mate, he was always a great tackler and used to beat his man in defence more often than not.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #54

It's a myth mate, he was always a great tackler and used to beat his man in defence more often than not.

Ok so just so we are clear, any player who has gone backwards or plato'd is Micks fault, and any player that is playing well or even better than before is just getting back to their old 2011 form which we can thank Ratten for...  Got it.  ;)

Reply #55
Malthouse has done wonders for Yarran's career which was on a huge downward spiral in 2012/early 2013.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #56

Ok so just so we are clear, any player who has gone backwards or plato'd is Micks fault, and any player that is playing well or even better than before is just getting back to their old 2011 form which we can thank Ratten for...  Got it.  ;)

Wrong...

Those who haven't developed its because of recruitment and development but those who have developed well its because of Mick.

This game is fun  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #57

Wrong...

Those who haven't developed its because of recruitment and development but those who have developed well its because of Mick.

Well with Micks history in development, I'd say if Mick cant develop someone, then there's not much hope for them as a player. He has a history of getting players to play to their full potential.. Especially the young ones that he gets from early on.. 
But then you have nuggets like Jimmy Clement who he turned into an A grade full back coming from Freo.  His history in recruitment and developing is there for all to see...  Just as is the history of our recruitment and development under Ratten who was inexperienced in both.  ;)  
This is fun.. Yr right.  ;D

Reply #58
Some of the players  Mick gives some kudos (outstanding in their roles ) to in his weekly message

Starts withe Rowe ......"Hungry for success", wanting to be better...his game was very good

Yarran's run (in general)

Gibbs and Simpsons possessions....highlighted Gibbs' tackle count and Simpsons courage in attempting to spoil Reiwoldt ("simply outstanding")

Complimented Armfield and Everitt (who had a tagging role)

Menzell was terrific and he's "maturing into the player we want him to be"  fitness has now picked up.
....and a big wrap for Thomas for his "selfless" game(see Thomas thread)

Reply #59

Wrong...

Well with Micks history in development, I'd say if Mick cant develop someone, then there's not much hope for them as a player. He has a history of getting players to play to their full potential.. Especially the young ones that he gets from early on.. 
But then you have nuggets like Jimmy Clement who he turned into an A grade full back coming from Freo.  His history in recruitment and developing is there for all to see...  Just as is the history of our recruitment and development under Ratten who was inexperienced in both.  ;)  
This is fun.. Yr right.  ;D

It is interesting from the sidelines too.

Well into the 3rd qtr and DH/Dommi/MBB hold a 22 pt lead over PI2C & Shadesy.  ;) :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17