Skip to main content
Topic: The Run Home (Read 31463 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Run Home

Reply #60
Mods, this is the latest thread to be hijacked by the Ratts v. MM debate! I don't have a problem with that being discussed in a thread dedicated to that topic, but too many threads are degenerating into that argument. It's getting tiresome especially since the hardliners on each side keep repeating the same old arguments.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #62
Mods, this is the latest thread to be hijacked by the Ratts v. MM debate! I don't have a problem with that being discussed in a thread dedicated to that topic, but too many threads are degenerating into that argument. It's getting tiresome especially since the hardliners on each side keep repeating the same old arguments.

Can we start a PI2C vs. Thry thread? ............... Just for laughs  C:-)
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #63

I'd love to do it but I would hate to own Thry any more than I already have, I do have a soft spot for him you know. ;)

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #64

I'd love to do it but I would hate to own Thry any more than I already have, I do have a soft spot for him you know. ;)

Have you spoken to him about these feelings?  ;)

Reply #65
How long does Mick get before he no longer has Ratten and the players to blame for going backwards?

It's like Ratten never had measures and never met them around here....

Ratten got 5 years and so did Pagan so I reckon we judge him after 5 years.

Pagan should have been axed years before and would have if we had money. We couldn't cut Ratten when we were saying your goal is to do X and he did it otherwise I reckon he would have been gone as well.

I can't see Mick being renewed if we don't go forward in 2013 but he's a survivor

Reply #66

:D

You know you are actually losing when you think you own someone.

;)

Particularly when you infer meaning in things that have not been written!

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #67

:D

You know you are actually losing when you think you own someone.

;)

Particularly when you infer meaning in things that have not been written!

That's opinion Thry! :P ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #68

Yep...... fair point.
.........to the "Malthouse" thread with you combatants.

Use this thread to discuss the run home, projected wins etc.

@cookie
It's a bit like King Canute ordering back the waves though. ;)
If folk want to talk about the run home they'll do so and the best we can hope is that particular aspect will dominate the thread.

Reply #69

Yep...... fair point.

@cookie
If folk want to talk about the run home they'll do so and the best we can hope is that particular aspect will dominate the thread.

Thanks Lods.
Know what you mean about Canute! He ended up getting his feet wet.  ;D

Reply #70

Yep...... fair point.

@cookie

Thanks Lods.
Know what you mean about Canute! He ended up getting his feet wet.  ;D

My fault, although I did bring it back on topic to be ignored... (6 day breaks people!!)

But it was just interesting that we sacked Ratten for only winning 11 games yet most are happy with wining 8 this year.... No one else thinks that's strange or hypocritical?

"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #71
I do! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #72
@shadesy
I'm definitely not happy about only winning 8 games for the year but I can reluctantly understand why this may happen. The club is going through a great upheaval currently and this can impact on how the team may perform until things settle down again. Hopefully it'll all be worth it, time will tell.
I don't think hypocrisy comes into it ATM.  Great change always creates new problems and I think it's reasonable to reserve our judgement until End of year. In my case that judgement will be focused on how well we are positioned to go forward based on team and player performances in the remaining games.

Reply #74
In a season where you need 12-14 wins to get into finals and probably 15-17 to secure top 4, you simply can't drop as many games as we have early in the season. It's not impossible but highly unlikely from here and I remember seeing a stat a few years back (Robert Walls said the same thing during On the Couch a couple of years back as well); that if you lose the 4 out of your first 6-7 you're finished for the year as far as finals go.

We will have to play really well from here and hope things go against other teams (even year or something) to be bothering anyone in September. I think this year should be a development year now and we find out just how good Docherty, Cripps, Ellard, Casboult, White and others are whilst striving to build that team culture and strength that the good teams have. We need our C graders to push towards B graders - Robert Walls used to talk about the bottom part of the list and currently ours falls away far to much.

Personally I see alot of Dawes in how they are using Casboult now. Remember when Dawes first came on the scene they tried him as a relieving ruck which didn't work at first before he settled but he had Cloke as the main man up forward whereas we have no Cloke in this side currently. I think Levi will come good with a bit more time - imagine if we had two of them - I think things would be different.