Skip to main content
Topic: RD 12 : Blues Robbed By Cats (Despair & Teeth-Grinding) (Read 55098 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 12 : Blues Robbed By Cats (Despair & Teeth-Grinding)

Reply #75
Garlett needs quiet and serious words spoken to him....if not he should be moved on....
Gibbs - i have been a big critic - HIS BEST GAME IN BLUE TONIGHT - CONGRATULATIONS !!

Reply #76
Seconds left, No free kick.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #77
Casboult and Rowe - honourable mentions...

Re: RD 12 : Blues Robbed By Cats (Dispair & Teeth-Grinding)

Reply #78
Anyway. This has to be the benchmark. No more BS performances, this effort shows our team has what it takes to play finals.

Has what it takes,  but wont this year.  Season is shot.   Hard to get exited knowingnothing to play for.

Reply #79
You can analyse and blame all you like but, with 2 mins to go when u have your nose in front, you just have to get numbers around the ball, defend like fork and win the game. It's that simple.
Yeah when your playing against players that works....... Bot harder when your playing the umps

Reply #80
That runner laying the block is triple premiership player Nigel Lappin for the record.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #81
You can analyse and blame all you like but, with 2 mins to go when u have your nose in front, you just have to get numbers around the ball, defend like fork and win the game. It's that simple.
Yeah when your playing against players that works....... Bot harder when your playing the umps
no mate, they need to learn to strip it all back to basics. 2 games in row we had won and threw away. Add to these the Rich game and all of a sudden, season looks completely different.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #82
Yeah umpiring was bad,  but really.  we had that game by the balls yet again and fobbed it.  

Did not see much of the game tonight as i was working out at Gate 1 at Etihad.  Was at the Carlton end to knew when we kicked goals.
Also got to go on the ground just before final siren.  I was kneeling down in front of Advertising sign where Selwood got that goal.
Fair to say i was shattered. 

Ed Curnow came up to me wanting to know how to get down to the carpark.   Asked him about his leg.  he said he was
around 2 weeks ago.  Seemed to be waling fine.  No limp

Reply #83
Wow......

Feeling a lot of pride and a lot of hurt tonight.

As I mentioned in BOG thread, name me a better all round performance from a non-Judd Carlton midfielder in the last 10 years. Bryce played every bit like an $800k a year midfielder tonight.

Jamo and Rowe's 2nd halves were outstanding. Daisy's 3rd quarter was outstanding. Jeffy's now habitual head-ducking in marking contests.....disturbing.

Umpiring......beyond belief. Could officially be called cheating.

Geelong coach: first class wanker.

Carlton Football Club: pride restored.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #84
Wow......

As I mentioned in BOG thread, name me a better all round performance from a non-Judd Carlton midfielder in the last 10 years. Bryce played every bit like an $800k a year midfielder tonight.

Jamo and Rowe's 2nd halves were outstanding. Daisy's 3rd quarter was outstanding. Jeffy's now habitual head-ducking in marking contests.....disturbing.

sums it up well bman
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #85
Oh and Big Levi may butcher a kick or two, but fcuk me he gives absolutely everything he has out on the field....he does the attacking stuff, he does the defensive stuff, he takes marks in the goalsquare, he shares the ruck duties, the guy is a Goliath out there. He's a deadset keeper for mine. As Waite and Hendo continue to wallow in their own personal putridness, Levi shines like a beacon as far as I'm concerned.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #86
Yep very proud

Reply #87
Oh and Big Levi May butcher a kick or two, but fcuk me he gives absolutely everything he has out on the field....he does the attacking stuff, he does the defensive stuff, he takes marks in the goalsquare, he shares the ruck duties, the guy is a Goliath out there. He's a deadset keeper for mine. As Waite and Hendo continue to wallow in their own personal putridness, Levi shines like a beacon as far as I'm concerned.
again spot on
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #88
Oh and Big Levi May butcher a kick or two, but fcuk me he gives absolutely everything he has out on the field....he does the attacking stuff, he does the defensive stuff, he takes marks in the goalsquare, he shares the ruck duties, the guy is a Goliath out there. He's a deadset keeper for mine. As Waite and Hendo continue to wallow in their own personal putridness, Levi shines like a beacon as far as I'm concerned.

Agree.  Needs to get his kicking sorted.  Does that and he would be a complete player

Reply #89
Wow......

I am not proud..there has been too many honorable losses since the Ratten era and is continuing and I am sick of it
The list is clearly deficient, not a Premiership list. The Board has to accept and take the decision to allow the football club to make the hard call on alot of players, recruit deep and grow a quality playing list of 28-30 players like Geelong are doing now, rather than patch up with band aid recruits....