Skip to main content
Topic: RD 12 : Blues Robbed By Cats (Despair & Teeth-Grinding) (Read 55123 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 12 : Blues Robbed By Cats (Despair & Teeth-Grinding)

Reply #135
I say again....i dont care about umpires...take good with the bad and grow some onions....
If the umpires did their correct job, we may not have the 79 Premiership cup in our locker......

Reply #136
I say again....i dont care about umpires...take good with the bad and grow some onions....
If the umpires did their correct job, we may not have the 79 Premiership cup in our locker......

Whilst we've been in the doldrums for the last little while, hopefully things aren't so bad that we had to sell the trophy cabinet.

Reply #137

Jesus MF, you're just a bundle of joy in this thread aren't you???

Btw - agree with all the Carrazzo comments, he had a good one last night, pleasing to see.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #138
Prior to last night, Carrots had said that the senior core needed to stand up, and they all did except Waite.
We look more dangerous with Armfield in the side. Love his and Yarrans, and Walkers dash last night.

Reply #139
Would we get rid of Warnock too for the fact he can't mark?

Yep....plenty of tap outs vs Brisbane but they amounted to sweetFA IMO.....he was alright vs Geelong and I had him in my better players but he
has to deliver more around the ground.

Reply #140
lEVI HAS PLAYED 24 SENIOR GAMES IN HIS CAREER - KIVE THE 199CM, 104KG KID A BREAK.....

how long did it take Hawkins to get an act ffs.

Plenty of other out there last night who should be looked at before Levi.....
Agree. Teach him to kick and he could be anything.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #141
Hawkins always had a reasonbale kicking action, Casboults two handed ball drop action where he has too much space between his hands and the boot  when the ball is released will never be any good. That action needs a complete rebuild......

Reply #142
I'm probably gonna sound like a lunatic with this question, does it have anything to do with arm length?. There's been comments about Bartel's kicking effectiveness being due to such a low drop that reduces amount of time ball is in the air between release and connection with boot. It's either body mechanics  preventing low drop or length of arms. Wouldn't mind seeing so e research in this.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #143
I admit I haven't read the 10 pages of posts, but...
I don't reckon the free for Menzel was there at the death,..
And where was the runner's impediment to Robbo? Did it appear in the TV coverage? I saw him push a runner away while the ball was not active (before one of the final bounces).. Was that it?

Reply #144
I'm probably gonna sound like a lunatic with this question, does it have anything to do with arm length?. There's been comments about Bartel's kicking effectiveness being due to such a low drop that reduces amount of time ball is in the air between release and connection with boot. It's either body mechanics  preventing low drop or length of arms. Wouldn't mind seeing so e research in this.

All the good kicks have minimal ball drop and guide the ball onto the boot with one hand......Casboults is more of a ball toss than guided action.

Reply #145

All the good kicks have minimal ball drop and guide the ball onto the boot with one hand......Casboults is more of a ball toss than guided action.

Yeah, but why?
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #146

Carrazzo is another one with a two handed drop and his kicking was all over the place early on, he's worked on it and still drops it two handed but now he drops it from lower down, the result is that he can't kick as far because his weight isn't over his back foot at impact, but he's more accurate than he was.
If he tries for distance he still sprays it but up to about 30 metres he's OK.
Casboult's action can be fine tuned but it can't be fixed, he'll never be an accurate kick for goal from 35 - 40 metres or more.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #147
It was definitely a free kick to Menzel but what cost us the game was lack of nous and/or understanding by our on field leaders.  Selwood should have been shut down and we should have set up defensively at each stoppage to protect the lead.

Perhaps it's because we lack seasoned players (apart from Judd) who know how to win tight games.  Gibbs, Murphy, Henderson, Carrazzo, etc have never had on field leaders who had been taught to take control and shut down close games and who could pass on that knowledge.  It may also be a failing of successive coaches to ensure that the on field leaders know when and how to focus on defence.

I thought the players showed a lot more endeavour but, in the end, it was deficient structures that let us down.  Despite that, I thought that Malthouse's coaching was the best I have seen since he came on board, apart from starting Jamison forward and having White as the sub.

Forgot to mention that the lack of a gun CHF didn't help either.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #148
Prior to last night, Carrots had said that the senior core needed to stand up, and they all did except Waite.
We look more dangerous with Armfield in the side. Love his and Yarrans, and Walkers dash last night.

My problem is that Armfield went missing in the second half.  I love his run, but we need to see it over the whole game.

Reply #149
I admit I haven't read the 10 pages of posts, but...
I don't reckon the free for Menzel was there at the death,..
And where was the runner's impediment to Robbo? Did it appear in the TV coverage? I saw him push a runner away while the ball was not active (before one of the final bounces).. Was that it?

Umpires boss has already said menzel should have got a free kick. He said the runner did nothing wrong but last night they paid a free against a runner that got too close. No doubt a memo will go out to all clubs this week regarding runners.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!