Skip to main content
Topic: RD 18 : Blues Stun Kangaroos (Final Siren Shock) (Read 53848 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 18 : Blues Stun Kangaroos (Final Siren Shock)

Reply #75
It was a bizarre game in many ways... the way we held the ball and went sideways to keep possession, then patiently waited for a chain of short options  before hitting up a forward...  and the fact that we hit targets and took marks...we looked the most systematic and organised CFC side I'd seen for a long time.  A lot of blokes played well and our better players played well.

We even held tackles.  Yea, amazing stuff.

I thought we had a very, very, good run with officialdom and got the rub of the green, and yes we ain't a top 4 side but they all did their jobs and were fair dinkum for much of the game.  I'm happy with that.

What really staggered me was how awful norf were... they weren't switched on early, they wouldn't run defensively, their ball carriers were awful (particularly with ball in hand), their backs slow and sloppy, they let the likes of Murphy have space - every liability about them was horribly exposed... it was a really sloppy night from Scott and the players I thought. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #76
They were very loose, I remember the commentators were amazed at the space Murph was getting.

Murphy and Gibbs found themselves breaking free because of the good hard work on the inside, Ch.7 tried to make it out that he was given a free run!

As for that midfield and inside work, what differences a real ruckmen makes, the bumps, 2nd efforts, tackles, shepherds, blocks all good 1%ers and the marks, marks, marks!

Please everyone check out this LINK
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
I would let Judd go with that feeble squirting. That last image of him with Waite and the old prez laughing it up is what will stick in my mind. It was as if all the shackles had lifted and they were a bunch of mates having a time of their lives.

LOL that Judd Gatorade thing was a bit weird but it's been a long miserable season, let them enjoy what they can.

Reply #78
In the previous 3 comprehensive rundowns of the game and players, no one mentioned Bell!!  Thoughts on his game?

Well spotted tc.

Knew there was someone I missed. I thought he did well. Played up forward and through the middle. Provided some grunt around the stoppages and used his pace to spread well and provide run and carry.

Yes, good pick up. Dinger was really good... did his job and delivered a bit of hurt here and there.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #79
I was at the game and watched the replay this morning...

What has struck me has been the significant change to our set up - 3 tall forwards with strong marking power. I want some bigger harder bodies in defence - I suggest 2 key defenders we need.

For too many years we looked like these outside running whippet like bodies which results in too much hard efforts to get a score..

As a result I don't miss Betts or Garlett. For that matter, Walker. He needs a new role to stay. I still think Waite should be moved on. He was playing like the axe was hanging over his neck.

As regards our Captain - I want Murphy to relinquish it and give it to Henderson.

On 2 occasions Murphy could have taken responsibility to run deeper to goal and slot the goal - he was looking to give it off which resulted in a poor result..

Graham - must stay and not be a sub....Brock might have a problem keeping in the  22..

Casboult - his hands are great ...

Gibbs has transformed...

Reply #80
Further ...

Trade Warnock and Kruezer...lets start again with our ruck division....

Reply #81
Malthouse's real strength is developing good ordinary players who are prepared to give 110% and work their ar2e off to improve. Rowe and White fit the bill. Lazy J Garlett wouldn't, because he has the ability but choose when to use it. Mick was 'blue collar' himself like Maxwell, like Worsfold and like Rowe and White. He'd love em

Yep, which is also why he's got a crush on Davey Ellard, I hope he gets over that one.
I'm generally happy with White, he has a red hot crack and never takes a backwards step, he's only a footsoldier but every club needs them.
Malthouse is slowly putting the puzzle together, we were a mediocre team when he took over and he could have coached for quick results but he's taken the longer view.
There'll be ups and downs along the way but at least we've started the road trip.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #82
How could you give hendo the captaincy on the back of this year? Especially as Murphy is just starting to grow into the role.

BTW, Hendo needs to get on some eating plan - he is very slight

Reply #83
Malthouse's real strength is developing good ordinary players who are prepared to give 110% and work their ar2e off to improve. Rowe and White fit the bill. Lazy J Garlett wouldn't, because he has the ability but choose when to use it. Mick was 'blue collar' himself like Maxwell, like Worsfold and like Rowe and White. He'd love em

Yep, which is also why he's got a crush on Davey Ellard, I hope he gets over that one.
I'm generally happy with White, he has a red hot crack and never takes a backwards step, he's only a footsoldier but every club needs them.
Malthouse is slowly putting the puzzle together, we were a mediocre team when he took over and he could have coached for quick results but he's taken the longer view.
There'll be ups and downs along the way but at least we've started the road trip.

Acutally B4L he has coached for quick results. This is widely acknowledged in the football world.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #84

Acutally B4L he has coached for quick results. This is widely acknowledged in the football world.

Dropping Jarrad Waite suggests otherwise to me PI2C.
The football world is alive with theories, rumours and straight out BS, most of which can safely be ignored.

Edit: While I think about it I thought Simpson played a bottler last night along with Murphy and Gibbs, but when one of your key forwards has 19 touches, takes 11 marks, lays 6 tackles and kicks 4 goals you will always be hard to beat.
I heard that Waite was dropped because he didn't follow orders, he looked like a different player last night.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #85

The football world is alive with theories, rumours and straight out BS, most of which can safely be ignored.

Waite is a personal thing. You have blokes like McLean, White and Carrazzo running around getting games whilst blokes like Graham and Watson are sitting in the twos.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #86
Now if we had only produced this against Richmond, Melbourne, Brisbane, GWS as well as got over the line against Geelong. What a different season we'd have.

Reply #87

Waite is a personal thing. You have blokes like McLean, White and Carrazzo running around getting games whilst blokes like Graham and Watson are sitting in the twos.

I don't rate Watson at all, he's slow, lacks anticipation and awareness and panics under pressure, Graham will get his chances but might struggle for a game as Bell, Buckley and Cripps come through.
He looked OK last night though, he seems to have a natural feel for the game.
McLean, White and Carrazzo have all earned their spots.

Reply #88
Makes no difference, if you're not coaching for quick results you're not playing Carrazzo, Mclean and White. IMO.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #89
Further ...

Trade Warnock and Kruezer...lets start again with our ruck division....

Agree with you on Warnock but Kruezer no way. I was watching Fox Footy before the game and they showed our last game against North and it was Kruezer who was getting back and getting intercept marks, making room for our mids to clean up much the same as what Wood did this week except he was beat Goldstein in the ruck as well.

Kruezer has been injured the last two years and by giving him this year to get over everything is one of the best decisions that the club has made. It will be tempted to give him a game this season but why? Give him the year and the pre season to get over everything then unleash Kreuzer in 2015, have Levi as his relief and if we get back our bulldozer imagine the havoc they can both create in the forward line while killing opposition rucks around the ground.