Skip to main content
Topic: RD 18 : Blues Stun Kangaroos (Final Siren Shock) (Read 53446 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 18 : Blues Stun Kangaroos (Final Siren Shock)

Reply #105
The boys would have to wait until I'm overseas to play to their potential.

Last time I was overseas during footy season we played Richmond in the 1982 Grand Final  :)  If you folk want to take up a collection I will happily stay here for a while longer  ;)

No offence, can you stay there until 2016?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #106
MM is trying to mould white collar workers  into a team of blue collar workers and I tend to agree with what his trying to do, eg Rowe, White etc. , great win, let's hope we can continue the form(which hasn't been that bad) into the next few weeks

Reply #107
The boys would have to wait until I'm overseas to play to their potential.

Last time I was overseas during footy season we played Richmond in the 1982 Grand Final  :)  If you folk want to take up a collection I will happily stay here for a while longer  ;)

No offence, can you stay there until 2016?

I want 3 flags by 2020.

Better get a raffle going.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #108
A great 4 qtr effort, a pity about the poor conversion in the 3rd.

It's nice to see what we are capable of when we have a go.
How good is it to have multiple key forwards who can actually take a grab !!
And a ruck man who does more than just get a few taps!
Rowe is really establishing himself down back.
Overall, very happy, a couple more wins against top 8 sides this year and there will be good reason to hope for a good year in 2015
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #109
I reckon our final round clash with the druggies will be a great finish to the year. Imagine if we are responsible for keeping them out of the 8!  Two years in a row!!!  GOLD 24 carat!!!!!

Reply #110
A great performance.

The 22 out there played as a whole and stuck to the task at hand for a full four quarters. Great to see.
Wood has the wood on the spud 206.
A team with Bell and Robbo in it, tackles and pressures all that much harder.

Not sad to say, we didn't miss Walker, Carrots or McLean at all !!

Nice to see Cripps come in for the rest of the season.
No hurry to play those other guys.
Maybe time to move on with them

Reply #111
Noticeable increase in intensity and heart last night.

One thing that stood out to me was that a few times when the push and shove was on, there were 3 or 4 navy guernseys standing up for one another, rather than seeing a lone figure being ragdolled by 2 or 3 opposition like usually happens.

Reply #112
Malthouse's real strength is developing good ordinary players who are prepared to give 110% and work their ar2e off to improve. Rowe and White fit the bill. Lazy J Garlett wouldn't, because he has the ability but choose when to use it. Mick was 'blue collar' himself like Maxwell, like Worsfold and like Rowe and White. He'd love em

Yep, which is also why he's got a crush on Davey Ellard, I hope he gets over that one.
I'm generally happy with White, he has a red hot crack and never takes a backwards step, he's only a footsoldier but every club needs them.
Malthouse is slowly putting the puzzle together, we were a mediocre team when he took over and he could have coached for quick results but he's taken the longer view.
There'll be ups and downs along the way but at least we've started the road trip.

Acutally B4L he has coached for quick results. This is widely acknowledged in the football world.

Love your sense of humour... ;)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #113
Dermie's words not mine, you know, the Dermie who you just praised yesterday for his article? That one. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #114
I reckon our final round clash with the druggies will be a great finish to the year. Imagine if we are responsible for keeping them out of the 8!  Two years in a row!!!  GOLD 24 carat!!!!!

I was definitely happy to take their spot but they shot themselves last year, can't claim credit there. I still remember 97 and how bitter it was having Richmond knock us out of a finals spot after we had it in the bag so it would be a sweet end to an otherwise forgettable season to inflict that double on them!

Reply #115
ARRRRGGGHHHHH! 1997.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #116

Yep...we need Fraser Brown in the rooms giving the boys a rev up...this will be our GF for the year....

Reply #117
What is the latest on the injuries to Menzel and Everitt respectively?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #119
It's amazing how quickly Thomas finds himself down back getting cheap uncontested disposals after a poor first half. Obviously Mick is trying get him into the game. A bigger flop than Broke.
BANG!