Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 18 Pre game ponderings: Holiday on the Gold Coast or Disaster at Carrarra? (Read 45250 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 18 Pre game ponderings: Holiday on the Gold Coast or Disaster at Carrarra?

Reply #75

Laidler or Duigan may be a better option if we were playing a team with more mature bodies.

No problems putting faith in Bootsma as we need to put game time in to the kids but it makes you wonder what Laidler or Duigs need to do to get a game in the seniors again.

We'll certainly need to be on our toes this week, young bodies or not!

Re: Rd 18 Pre game ponderings: Holiday on the Gold Coast or Disaster at Carrarra?

Reply #76
Does Cachia have an injury niggle? He wouldn't be dropped on form would he?

Surely not. I thought it was harsh he was made sub last week and put it down to match ups but it seems he was demoted, then after putting a decent performance when he came on he's been demoted again.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #77

Laidler or Duigan may be a better option if we were playing a team with more mature bodies.

No problems putting faith in Bootsma as we need to put game time in to the kids but it makes you wonder what Laidler or Duigs need to do to get a game in the seniors again.

We'll certainly need to be on our toes this week, young bodies or not!

My take is Mick sees bootsma and mciness as the future in the backline, and get precedence. Duigan and laidler are very much last resort back ups

Reply #78
So Carrots and Curnow for O'Meara and Gaz... expecting one to run with Gaz all night is expecting a lot.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #79
If we're never going to play Laidler again (Bootsma in instead) then I hope we have a good trade lined up for him.

Was drafted in Round 4, swapped for Round 2 and Round 3 picks.

Has played 5 games in 2 years and doesn't look like he'll play again for us without lots of injuries. I'll take the round 2 and round 3 picks in a blink of an eye.

Reply #80
Gold Coast v Carlton
Metricon Stadium, Saturday 1:45pm AEST

GOLD COAST
*B:* McKenzie, Thompson, Tape *
HB:* Russell, May, Broughton
*C:* Harbrow, Ablett, Bennell
*HF:* Boston, Brennan, A. Hall
*F:* Day, Dixon, Brown
*Foll:* Nicholls, Stanley, O'Meara
*I/C:* Shaw, Sexton, Weller, Prestia
*Emg:* Gilbee, Sumner, J. Hall
In:* Dixon *Out:* J. Hall

CARLTON
B: Robinson, Jamison, Henderson
HB: Tuohy, Watson, Gibbs
C: Yarran ,Judd, Simpson
HF: Curnow, Walker, Garlett
F: McLean, Rowe, Scotland
Foll* Kreuzer, Betts, Murphy
I/C: Carrazzo, Lucas, Bootsma, Armfield
Emg: Menzel, Cachia, Casboult

In:* Robinson, Bootsma
*Out:* McInnes (groin), Cachia

I am surprised that Cachia is out, unless he is getting a 'rest'. But funnier things have happened. I still have my worries about the sanity of the MC, but I thought last week that we'd lost it at the selection table.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #81
What is with the asterisks ?? Couldn't see a legend to answer my question.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #82
Sorry, it was a feature of the website where I found the team. It doesn't add anything, but I didn't have the time to get rid of them. I was too lazy.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #83
Sorry, it was a feature of the website where I found the team. It doesn't add anything, but I didn't have the time to get rid of them. I was too lazy.

Oh. No its fine Crash, you work hard enough finding the attachments. Not lazy at all, and in fact I really appreciate you keeping us up to date with what is going on. I thought it might be a cut and paste type issue (or something coming from another website), but asked just in case it had something to do with players back from injury, first timers, seniors etc. Just asking and thanks for letting me know. Us bugs don't know way too much you know. ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #84
Cachia has done nothing wrong.
27 dream team points in one quarter last week
One of he best the week before

Reply #85
I thought Cachia was brilliant last week when he came on.
Surely form couldnt be the reason for his axing this week :o

On another note, was filling up my car at 5.45 am Wed morning and lo and behold, so was Boots !!! I couldnt help myself and asked wtf he was doing up at that hour and he replied "trainen" !!
Was in all blues gear including beanie......just for those who figured he might've infact been coming home from the night before.....he wasnt.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #86
Cachia has done nothing wrong.
27 dream team points in one quarter last week
One of he best the week before

Rotation?

I don't think MM will want to play Cachia, Curnow and Carrazzo in the same team very often tbh - all essentially shut-down players.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #87
If we're never going to play Laidler again (Bootsma in instead) then I hope we have a good trade lined up for him.

Was drafted in Round 4, swapped for Round 2 and Round 3 picks.

Has played 5 games in 2 years and doesn't look like he'll play again for us without lots of injuries. I'll take the round 2 and round 3 picks in a blink of an eye.
With out putting in too much thought, I reckon a player swap would be our best bet, if we were to try and move him on.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #88
Hope Cachia plays...be madness if he doesnt IMO and another in a long line of MC stuff ups.
Its obviously warmer up on the GC and Ablett will wear out taggers quicker than most wear out shoes..you would have to think they will rotate fresh players on him to at least keep him down to a reasonable game only.

Bootsma is still learning the game and I always have that nervous feeling when he plays down back......like to see him play on the wing in a more attacking role.

Reply #89
No Graham? Disappointed

Does Cachia have an injury niggle? He wouldn't be dropped on form would he?

MC may see Graham as a Brock McLean replacement - ball winner, but lacks pace. I would have liked to see Casboult into the side, to allow Rowe to play back to cover McInnis. We look like we need one more tall for balance.