Skip to main content
Topic: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister (Read 50323 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #30
Don't know to make of that season. Shockingly weak first half of the year, showed very decent fight and substance (finally!!!) in the 2nd half with depleted teams (bar last week) against good sides. Game plan was tweaked to suit us more, seemed to find some blokes that could actuailly play as the season went including finding blokes we thought we average bit did  alot better when put in different positions.

A measly 7 1/2 wins but 3 games where we were robbed by the umpire straight out, two against Geelong, a miskick by Wood against Freo. A bit of luck plus ALOT more application in the first half of the year and it could've been so much different.

Something to learn from for next year as this one may have been a real waste.

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #31
16 possies and 11 marks.

Started slowly but sure warmed into the match, that play where he won a two on one then dished off to Watson for a goal was superb.
I for one hope he stays at Carlton.

I for two hope the same.

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #32
How much is Gibbs getting paid? >:(
How could he run too close to the man on the mark with his years of experience?
Shocking from our soon to be B&F.

I didn't mind that the ball wasn't rushed through by us. The players would have known the was fk all time left but 15 seconds is more than enough to go coast to coast. Gibbs should have nailed it....end of story.

It's just my personal theory, but I think that last 30/40 seconds of play comes from a mindset, the mindset of a team not accustomed to winning, and certainly not accustomed to winning close ones. Gibbs is not a long kick - 2E or someone else else should've run through for Gibbs to handball, cut the angle and distance down, had a shot that made the distance and at least got a point. As a plan B, the team should've set up correctly around the goal square etc. Ah well, never mind.................

Reply #33
The biggest worry is that we were carried by Juddy ... again.  Simply superb. The 2 goals they got in the last quarter were when he was off the ground.

The second biggest worry is that, of our up and comers, there's Menzel, then there's daylight.

Inexcusable that Gibbs' shot wasn't punched through.

The CheatsFC supporters around me were absolutely livid they didn't win, so I'm happy  :)

I didn't see today's game but I would have thought 4 goals from watts is encouraging. Casboult has also had a breakout year, Buckley is a jet and we've had plenty of good ordinaries come through the team in the 2nd half of the year which should bode well for the future. Another good draft required however.

Menzel IMO is a little overrated at the moment,  has done nothing for weeks and is lucky to be getting a game.

Reply #35
Mick gave Watson a big wrap at the end of that post Match.

Given the club a bit of a headache when all the forwards are available.
Mick's happy with that ;)

Reply #36
The biggest worry is that we were carried by Juddy ... again.  Simply superb. The 2 goals they got in the last quarter were when he was off the ground.

The second biggest worry is that, of our up and comers, there's Menzel, then there's daylight.

Inexcusable that Gibbs' shot wasn't punched through.

The CheatsFC supporters around me were absolutely livid they didn't win, so I'm happy  :)

I didn't see today's game but I would have thought 4 goals from watts is encouraging. Casboult has also had a breakout year, Buckley is a jet and we've had plenty of good ordinaries come through the team in the 2nd half of the year which should bode well for the future. Another good draft required however.

Menzel IMO is a little overrated at the moment,  has done nothing for weeks and is lucky to be getting a game.

Menzel is young and was up and down with injury late in the year. Looks a gun.

Reply #37
five don't go into three
lol

Reply #38
Firstly, Judd is ahead of 90% of players in the comp, why he would even consider retiring is beyond me. Watching him stream through the middle from stoppages time after time today for the first half was both demoralising and impressive. Demoralising because we do have the ball us to take advantage of him, impressive because his acceleration and speed is still there and some.

Gibbs was magnificent today, if he is ever moved back to the flank from being an attacking midfielder the coach and MC must be immediately sacked.

We continue to be one of the worst ball using teams in the competition, yet effort keeps us in the game. You cannot blame blokes for not marking when half our kicks to in the clear players advantage their opponent. Fix this one aspect of our game and we rise up the ladder faster than most would think possible.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
This is exactly what Watson needed. He needed a go up forward and they gave him a chance and he performed. Didn't watch the game so I can't comment on his actual performance besides what the stats say.

I listened to a 3 minute recap on the radio and it sounded like (Gibbs?) didn't punch the ball over the line or something like that.

Reply #40
This is exactly what Watson needed. He needed a go up forward and they gave him a chance and he performed. Didn't watch the game so I can't comment on his actual performance besides what the stats say.

I listened to a 3 minute recap on the radio and it sounded like (Gibbs?) didn't punch the ball over the line or something like that.

Be careful what you write from listening to radio, it can make you look like a goose!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #41

Me neither but four goals is four goals is four goals.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #42

Gibbs was the one who kicked the ball.

Reply #43
Players thought that there was time remaining and tried to keep the ball alive.  Better play might have been Touhy to run past for a receive and long bomb.  Imagine the noise....
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #44

Me neither but four goals is four goals is four goals.

I thought he looked similar in the VFL last week. Actually lookeed like a key forward last week both one on one and on the lead. Kicked 3.1 from what must've been the most limited opportunities ever in the history of the VFL/VFA. The one he missed was a soda. So wasn't surprised by this weeks effort. His pace won't be such a liability on the forward line, especially if you read the play well and get that metre on your opponent.