Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton pasted by Pies (Post Game) (Read 79909 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton pasted by Pies (Post Game)

Reply #45
  It is our damn recruiting that is to blame.

It sure is, and trading pick 7 last year will continue our proud tradition as the worst recruiting club in the AFL.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #46
I also have a four year old, And he already loves Essendon because of his Nana.  No wonder with our heartless efforts...it's so disheartening

Sorry mate but you have to support him, he might have to pick a new team before the seasons out though!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
Time to redo the schedule and take all Friday night games off of us.

Prime time on fta tv is wasted on us.

Reply #48
I wonder what sort of trade value Gibbs will get us......he's done.

I know who's ahead....way ahead on the Jaksch/Whiley trade......and it ain't us. I don't think either of them made one positive, meaningful contribution. Fecking useless the pair of them & I don't care how harsh that is.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #49
Meddy, I'm in the same boat.  Got a four year old who loves flying the flag and knows who the players are.  Stayed up with me to watch the first quarter tonight.  Thank God that's all he saw.  I'm taking him to his first game next week and if I hadn't already bought the tickets I'd seriously reconsider.  I was brought in the early 80s when we were a team that a six or seven year old could be proud of.  Not anymore.

I'm gutted.

I'm in tassie and coming over for the brisbane game and considered bringing my boy but he's a bit too you to focus yet and just copies ame. I hope our club can turn around so he wants to support us when the time comes.
I'm grew up in the 90s and have only watched one winng GF which was '95, although my old man would argue I sat with him and wathed '87 as a 1 year old, but I still know how gran our clubs history is. I just hope it's not all lost on the next generation.

Reply #50
Don't worry guys, we will eventually come good... Just won't be in our life time ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #51
I also have a four year old, And he already loves Essendon because of his Nana.  No wonder with our heartless efforts...it's so disheartening

Luckily,  or unluckily, my whole family is dyed in the wool navy blue. Ny dad tells stories about how one eyed his old man was but apparently I'm worse!
So the only outside influence on my little fella will be the blues themselves.

Reply #52
Andrew Walker - natural right-footer, decides to pass the ball, under no pressure, with his left - result: turnover, goal to Collingwood. Get the feck out of my Club you belligerent feckwit.

Reply #53
I wonder what sort of trade value Gibbs will get us......he's done.

I know who's ahead....way ahead on the Jaksch/Whiley trade......and it ain't us. I don't think either of them made one positive, meaningful contribution. Fecking useless the pair of them & I don't care how harsh that is.

We'll give those young blokes some time. Reckon they'll be ok. It's up to the older blokes to lead the way. They're the leaders supposedly.

Reply #54
Andrew Walker - natural right-footer, decides to pass the ball, under no pressure, with his left - result: turnover, goal to Collingwood. Get the feck out of my Club you belligerent feckwit.

Signed to the end of 2017 I think.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #55

Mark Murphy- captain of the club and highest paid player, hurt his  finger early and had no impact on the match.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #56
i think we have 16 players who were taken in the first round of the draft.

What does that say to me - the players are not playing anywhere near their ability. They looked (very) slow, disinterested and lost tonight. And the Pies aren't a quick team.

No leadership (again). No game plan seemingly.

The Pies are not that good - disciplined yes, team orientated yes. But really. We are worse than very bad.

1. Malthouse must go. Put Laidley in charge;
2. Murphy must step down (but who fills that void).

God, I don't know.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #57
Mark Murphy- captain of the club and highest paid player, hurt his  finger early and had no impact on the match.

Lachie Henderson - comes out with a calf heavily strapped, labours through the warm-up, does not touch the ball for the 2.5 quarters he played before 'apparently' doing a hammy.

Reply #58
Anyone see Buckley try to create run out of defence but no one ran with him?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #59
We'll give those young blokes some time. Reckon they'll be ok.....

I knew someone would trot out that old chestnut......predicted that exact response to my mates on the trip home. Boring.........they both look like absolute shet to me.