Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton pasted by Pies (Post Game) (Read 78694 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton pasted by Pies (Post Game)

Reply #120
this club treats it supporters with contempt.
15 years with just a flicker.
im at the end of my tether

Reply #121
Oxley, off the rookie list, 8 games, tears us apart. We keep finding players no one knows about and making them stars.

Reply #122
this club treats it supporters with contempt.
15 years with just a flicker.
im at the end of my tether

Empathy with that!

Let's just say the players are jack of Mick and were sending a message last night. Well the message I received, as a CFC member, was in the form of a large smelly turd right in my face! If those guys want to make a point whatever, then take it up with Mick off line, not in front of thousands of fans at the G on a night which should have been a celebration for the AFL and its followers. Pretty poor form if true and we'd be better off without that type in our club. Hell, all we want is for them to have a bl00dy good go.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #123
I thought Murph and Gibbs did alright under Pagan, well under Ratten, but have just regressed under Mick.

Gibbs won the B&F last season with Murphy second, go figure.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #124
Our defense last night was totally unacceptable. I saw some of the most basic fundamentals not being done or followed on multiple occasions.

Either the coaches don't have a clue, or the players simply don't listen and/or obey.

Not good enough !!

Jones had a go in the 1st qtr, but needs a tank, he is not AFL standard, I'd rather play Watson.

I like Armfield, he plays with more heart, than most. His speed is useful.

I like Ellard, but he is not an AFL standard footballer, we desperately need a better quality small forward in this years draft.

I thought Rowe did as good as could be expected against Cloke. Even on days when he is beaten, at least you know that Rowe will always give you 100% effort.

We need about 4 more Cripps and Dochertys out there playing, they are 2 of only too few who go out and play with any pride or passion.

Wood is a better 2nd ruck than Casboult.

I really can't tell if it's poor coaching, or a lack of respect and coachability on the players behalf, but there is something terribly wrong down at Carlton and until the president and board get it all sorted out, the future is looking pretty bleak for the Navy Blues.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #125
 im still waiting for an attack folks....

All the posters on here that gave me a -10 karma for telling the truth That gibbs murph menzel yarran henderson  kruezer jamison walker should all be on the trade table as a minimum

Also pratt germinder gleeson clark farouh or any other director that supported sticks and swan over the last 8 years that drove our club into the dirt must resign....

Reply #126
I really can't tell if it's poor coaching, or a lack of respect and coachability on the players behalf, but there is something terribly wrong down at Carlton and until the president and board get it all sorted out, the future is looking pretty bleak for the Navy Blues.

There is something terribly wrong, two decades of butchering the national draft has left us miles short of quality footballers.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #127
Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson, Judd and Walker had a total of 5 tackles between them for the entire game.

What kind of example is that from our senior players?
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #128
Chris Judd on SEN and said that his decision to play on last year was primarily based on his view that there had been a positive cultural change at Carlton. Specifically, he said that during his time at Carlton he felt at times that there were a number of  players that were not driven for team success and were more focused on individual success and were playing for their next contract - he suggested that it is different now, albeit that we lack talent in the 21-24 year old age bracket.

Reply #129
im still waiting for an attack folks....

All the posters on here that gave me a -10 karma for telling the truth That gibbs murph menzel yarran henderson  kruezer jamison walker should all be on the trade table as a minimum

Also pratt germinder gleeson clark farouh or any other director that supported sticks and swan over the last 8 years that drove our club into the dirt must resign....

It's not about you, why would you think this thread is?  ::)

Reply #130
Gutted. I don't post just enjoy reading what you guys have to say but this the most  soulless effort I have seen from a navy blue outfit in 40 years.
When your 8 year old son  says were rubbish you really don't have much to come back with.
I'm afraid he is correct. Juddy may say differently, and I do respect what he says, but yesterday was heartless, planless and pointless. If our guys were playing for the jumper, not themselves, then we are in real trouble.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #132
And your solution is simply to eliminate everyone?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #133
Chris Judd on SEN and said that his decision to play on last year was primarily based on his view that there had been a positive cultural change at Carlton. Specifically, he said that during his time at Carlton he felt at times that there were a number of  players that were not driven for team success and were more focused on individual success and were playing for their next contract - he suggested that it is different now, albeit that we lack talent in the 21-24 year old age bracket.

Juddy still selling hope. Unfortunately, it's a cornballer he's selling and no one is buying

Reply #134
And your solution is simply to eliminate everyone?

Clear the board of former sticks swan supporters
keep trigger and the judge
remove mick and his assistants and do an independent selection committee recommending to the president of a suite of best candidates
remove mckay and Prendergast and replace with the best
remove the medical staff and replace with the best
get another top flight rectuiter to assist sos
build a new 44 player list
build a new fully integrated carlton reserves with a new coach
keep the carlton brand
Eggleston does not sit in the coaches box

Start the clock at zero and lets reload again...