Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton pasted by Pies (Post Game) (Read 79055 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton pasted by Pies (Post Game)

Reply #210
All these things add up. This clown was also present for the team photos. If the club is seen as a club for shady old codgers to gather, looking for a bit of a massage for their ageing egos, that detracts from us professionally and does not portray us as a hard edged and focused outfit. The players, and others, no doubt pick up that message. I don't think the prospect of having their photo taken with the Doc would entice many FAs to want to join us either.  ::)

If we want his money, keep him out of sight somewhere in a coterie group and p155 in his pocket there, well away from the front line action!

This really says something about where we are at in terms of finances.

Lets face it, the AFL(Vlad and his Bumber Underground) have killed us as a club and we will probably be long gone very soon! (Refer to Fitzroy!)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #211
All these things add up. This clown was also present for the team photos. If the club is seen as a club for shady old codgers to gather, looking for a bit of a massage for their ageing egos, that detracts from us professionally and does not portray us as a hard edged and focused outfit. The players, and others, no doubt pick up that message. I don't think the prospect of having their photo taken with the Doc would entice many FAs to want to join us either.  ::)

If we want his money, keep him out of sight somewhere in a coterie group and p155 in his pocket there, well away from the front line action!

I want to be clear, I have no opinion on him being there being a major issue, or anything, but surely having a bloke like him around, and his proffesional network of people might assist us get players into circles of business that they couldnt otherwise get an influence in?

Sure this guy is no great assistance to our football, but I think we are condemning a man who probably means as well as any of us, for simply being present.

If we are distracted by a guy in a coaches box, we are in all sorts.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #212
I want to be clear, I have no opinion on him being there being a major issue, or anything, but surely having a bloke like him around, and his proffesional network of people might assist us get players into circles of business that they couldnt otherwise get an influence in?

Sure this guy is no great assistance to our football, but I think we are condemning a man who probably means as well as any of us, for simply being present.

If we are distracted by a guy in a coaches box, we are in all sorts.

Would Richmond allow Toby Mitchell into the coaches box if he was the highest bidder at a club auction? It's all about the brand and protecting our brand.   We were a laughing stock amongst other supporters last Friday due to both our on field and off field exploits.

Love him or hate him, Eddie would not let it happen at COLLINGWOOD!!

Reply #213
Would Richmond allow Toby Mitchell into the coaches box if he was the highest bidder at a club auction? It's all about the brand and protecting our brand.   We were a laughing stock amongst other supporters last Friday due to both our on field and off field exploits.

Love him or hate him, Eddie would not let it happen at COLLINGWOOD!!

Sorry mate, I saw Edelston and yawned as I really dont care about that sort of detail particularly when we are on the receiving end of a 75 point clinical pasting.

Toby Mitchell and him dont even compare as being a similar level of delinquent either.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #214
Sorry mate, I saw Edelston and yawned as I really dont care about that sort of detail particularly when we are on the receiving end of a 75 point clinical pasting.

Toby Mitchell and him dont even compare as being a similar level of delinquent either.

Edelston and Carlton go hand in hand Thry, you may have not noticed but plenty of others have - the guy is everywhere - at our functions, games, you name it. I once thought I was very lucky when taken to a CFC presidents lunch a few years ago but guess who was on the same table. He has becone, unfortunately, synonymous with the Carlton brand but he's not exactly had a stellar run as a solid citizen.

We need to pick our friends more carefully. We just don't need that kind of association, especially in the public eye, and now it's really biting us in terms of providing lampooning material - reinforcing us as some kind of caricature of 1980s excess, a place where the flotsam and jetsam of that era washes up. Why would talented players want to join such an outfit?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #215
The Doc's got photos.
He knows where the skeletons are buried.
It's the only explanation.

It may be a minor thing in the scheme of things but I reckon many Carlton folk thought "that just about sums the place up" when his face appeared on screen on Friday night.

Reply #216
The Doc's got photos.

It may be a minor thing in the scheme of things but I reckon many Carlton folk thought "that just about sums the place up" when his face appeared on screen on Friday night.

X2

Reply #217
The Doc's got photos.

They say a picture says 1000 words... well that said 1 million I reckon.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #218

I think it showed the whole world that LoGiudice and the board have clearly no idea of the manner in which our club is perceived by the rest of the football world and even more concerning is that it showed that they have lost any connection with the real fan base. Poor old Trigg must feel like he's pushing $hit uphill ATM.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #219
Like my Collingwood mate keeps saying to me on Facebook. CarLOLton.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #220
Too many failed draft picks is the simple answer.
Since we got back in the draft in 2004 there isn't a single player on our list except Armfield taken outside of the first round apart from a couple in the last few years who have played the odd game and may or may not be on the list in 2017.
That's 10 years of misses, it can't be all bad luck.
Add to that first round misses like Lucas, Watson and Bootsma and there is our problem in a nut shell.
It wouldn't matter who the coach was, we don't have the cattle.

Blue4Life you have got that in one. Dont forget we threw away a round two and three pick for Warnock

Reply #221
Just the second round pick I think Rooster. It was a failed trade nonetheless.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #222
Just the second round pick I think Rooster. It was a failed trade nonetheless.

Which also meant we lost Jacobs

Considering we gave up JK because we wanted Kruezer.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #223
But turned second rounders into Docherty and Everitt.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #224
I understand that coves who contribute a certain amount to the club get to sit in the coach's box and it was Edelston's turn on Friday.

I'm not sure how Edelston can afford to make that contribution given that he settled his bankruptcy earlier this year with creditors accepting just a few cents in the dollar.  However, even if Edelston was able to chip in a seven figure sum, the club should say "Thanks, but no thanks!"

Edelston's association with our club and his presence in the coach's box epitomises the stench that permeates our off field culture and high level decision making; if you've got enough cash, you can have a say in deciding what's best for Carlton, regardless of your character or expertise.

If LoGiudice has (a) balls and (b) the best interests of our club at heart, he should send Edelston packing.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball