Skip to main content
Topic: RD 7 : Blues V Giants (Pre-Match Pre-Amble) (Read 58654 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 7 : Blues V Giants (Pre-Match Pre-Amble)

Reply #45
I agree not good enough from Gibbs if that's the case. But what has happened to get him in this state of mind?
I guess thats the million dollar question and only he can answer it, we can only speculate. The playing group looks fractured to me, they aren't playing for each other thats for sure. They are a bunch of individuals out there at the moment.  They also don't work anywhere near hard enough when they don't have the footy. Its like they are all waiting for the Chinaman to do something.

Reply #46
Hi Cookie,

With a bit of luck, our grandchildren will quickly forget that woeful experience.

Watching them closely, it is apparent that their skills, ALL OF THEM, are woeful.

I lost count of how many times they either kicked to the opposition when not under pressure, hand balled to the opposition when not under pressure, and displayed a total lack of ability to stick a tackle.

When they did attempt to tackle, they invariably grabbed their opponent around the neck, even though the player they grabbed was standing upright. I know most players in the the competition do it, but I just get the feeling we are the worst.

The player has got a whole body of his opponent to grab onto, but they always go head high.

Walker and Curnow are long time offenders. Carazzo is a beauty at it. Others, lack the intelligence not to fall into the back of an opponent, and think that it's a sign of extra physical effort when they do,, rather than them giving away a cheap free kick.

A head high from Walker on Christensen when he had all of Christensen's body to grab onto, cost us a goal in the last quarter. It was the act oif a non-thinking Richard Cranium.

The tackling is just one aspect where our tackle coach has failed miserably.

I agree with The Sheik on another thread.

We need a total clean out, and we need to bring in personnel who have the ability to teach our list, how to tackle, kick to position, handball to position, kick straight, and do all those things that we expect footballers whose wage WE pay, to do well.

Mate, I'm right with you on all of that. How the hell are we to move forward when we are just so bad at even the basic skills of the game? I hope all of this is well understood by the club otherwise we are likely to make another dumb strategic move that will keep us behind the eight-ball for another 3 years.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #47
I agree totally, we need to get in some qualified support staff for the coach, whomever he may be . Basic skills such as tackling, kicking, creating a free flowing game, kicking goals ,
supporting your team mates at all costs and wining games.
We desperately need some some hard nosed skilled professional to mentor our kids into positive mind sets or we'll go nowhere.
Ciao

Reply #48
Eight possible available to come in, who gets a gig??

Kreuser
Jammo
Carrazzo
Menzel
Yarran
White
Simpson
Henderson

For me:
Menzel
Henderson
Simpson
Yarran

Maybe Krooooz

Reply #49

Kreuser
Jammo
Carrazzo
Menzel
Yarran
White
Simpson
Henderson

For me:
Menzel
Henderson
Simpson
Yarran

Maybe Krooooz

Kruezer needs 6 weeks more in the ressies
no to carrotts simmo Jamo
Play the kids

Reply #50
I agree totally, we need to get in some qualified support staff for the coach, whomever he may be . Basic skills such as tackling, kicking, creating a free flowing game, kicking goals ,
supporting your team mates at all costs and wining games.
We desperately need some some hard nosed skilled professional to mentor our kids into positive mind sets or we'll go nowhere.
Ciao

I though thats what we were paying Mick one mill a year to do...??? :o....we wont need to go nowhere ...we have already arrived..

Reply #51

Kreuser
Jammo
Carrazzo
Menzel
Yarran
White
Simpson
Henderson

For me:
Menzel
Henderson
Simpson
Yarran

Maybe Krooooz

Depends on fitness, but i'd be going for....
Simmo
Jammo
Hendo
Yazz
Menzel
White
Carrots
Kreuzer

in that order, assuming fully fit.

Reply #52
I've never been a Watson fan, but if I could make one change this week it would be to bring in Watson for Jones.

Reply #54
I've never been a Watson fan, but if I could make one change this week it would be to bring in Watson for Jones.

If Jones plays this week we are definitely tanking.

I'm not all that hopeful that Watson will make it but, if the team is selected on merit, Watson has to be given a go.  If he is to have the same opportunity as Jones, Watson will have the next six games to show whether or not he can play at AFL level.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #55
I have not watched Watson for a long time. I am really getting concerned about his future. If he doesn't senior footy, he will miss the chance to get up to the standard AFL). I hear he takes marks and is a good kick of the footy. So he definitely shows he can kick goals. He is is a big body and if he can use his strength he is an option. If he doesn't play, he has absolutely no trade value at all and could become a list clogger. So why would we hesitate to give him a decent opportunity a few times this season to show if he is a capable forward. 3 to 5 games at a time. 3 times in the season I would have thought. However his time is quickly running out. By the time Mick plays him, we may only have 6 to 8 games left for the year. Is he out of favour with our coach ? Does he not follow the team plan ? Obviously that answer is one of , how the hell would we know as he never gets a chance to prove his worth. I'm quickly losing my patience with how the MC chose the squad each game. There really doesn't appear to be a strong plan to play a squad that will win the game. ???
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #56
^^^ This......

Amen, even with a half dozen touches he'd be an improvement.

The other one who's gone really missing is Everitt. Another first found draftee who comes to CFC and loses the plot.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #57
He was always average Fly, you don't get released by two clubs if you're any good.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #58
He was always average Fly, you don't get released by two clubs if you're any good.

Sydney didn't want to let him go... MM persuaded him to CFC. He was well regarded by the Fluffy Ducks.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #59
Sydney didn't want to let him go... MM persuaded him to CFC. He was well regarded by the Fluffy Ducks.

Nah, someone had to give salary cap wise and he was it, he was deemed expendable so to speak. MM convinced him to come to Carlton, not to leave Sydney.

He's not hopeless by any means but he is a little soft.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!