Skip to main content
Topic: RD 7 : Blues V Giants (Pre-Match Pre-Amble) (Read 58635 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 7 : Blues V Giants (Pre-Match Pre-Amble)

Reply #105
Ditto to all who are not happy with Graham being dropped.....ridiculous development IMO....if someone can tell me what outstanding work Dick has done
to warrant a game then let me know....
Good to see White, Carrazzo and Menzel back and I guess Tutt deserves another go given he played well in the NB's last week....
Watto gets another go and it will be interesting to see how he is used...lead up, decoy for Casboult or genuine marking target like Levi..

Reply #106
In: A.Carrazzo, S.White, C.Yarran, J.Tutt, M.Watson, T.Menzel, M.Dick

Out: A.Walker (knee), L.Jones, D.Buckley, M.Whiley, B.Boekhorst, N.Graham, C.Smith

Call an ambulance, I'm in shock.

Gee, Nick Graham got a great deal out of playing seniors, talk about poor player management ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #107
I probably would've kept Graham over Curnow....and wouldn't have brought in Dick.

Reply #109
Decent ins but overall a lot of changes. Its hard to see a stable side emerging at all really.

Relieved to see Kruezer not playing. He needs to get the equivalent of a couple of pre-season games under his belt.

Must be Watson's last chance to have an impact. I can't see Buckley making it back any time soon either and he may not be with us next year. Walker was very poor last week, and if he was playing injured it might explain things, but to now be out does not bode well at all. Don't understand the Graham dropping. The sub rule is a silly one, but it is not being well used by us at all.

After last week's loss and with GWS starting to look like a real league footy team this could be ugly.

Reply #110
If someone can explain our "Player Management & Development" policy and how it relates to Nick Graham I'm all ears.

Reply #112
If someone can explain our "Player Management & Development" policy and how it relates to Nick Graham I'm all ears.

is that mckays job- footy operations?

Reply #113
Doesn't have a match-up.

(It's an oldy but a goody ::))

It could be true...kinda.

A lot of people complain when we have too many similar (read slow) players in the midfield. The inclusion of Carrazzo adds another one to a midfield that already has Cripps in it.

Reply #114
It could be true...kinda.

A lot of people complain when we have too many similar (read slow) players in the midfield. The inclusion of Carrazzo adds another one to a midfield that already has Cripps in it.

He could be the heir apparent to Carazzo, but the match committee may have gone with the tried and true given our current position.  Could see the changing of the baton if Carrazzo falls over again or doesn't cut it.

Reply #115
Doesn't have a match-up.

(It's an oldy but a goody ::))

That one ain't going to wash with me Lods but good try.

Graham was brought into the seniors, was given the vest, played 1/4 of footy and did okay but then gets dropped.

When you have certain players "coasting" through matches and still getting selected every week yet others are brought in for fleeting visits, is it any wonder we are seeing the results we are ??

There is no spirit amongst the playing group, it's all onfield confusion and self-preservation !!

Reply #116
I probably would've kept Graham over Curnow....and wouldn't have brought in Dick.

Curnow played his best game of the year last week..beat his man and got some footy himself.....we agree on Dick.

Reply #117
I never liked Graham's haircut either so...

Mick's said he's playing to win...

Reply #118
Carlton

B: Kristian Jaksch, Sam Rowe, Simon White.
HB: Zach Tuohy, Chris Yarran, Sam Docherty.
C: Andrejs Everitt, Chris Judd, Ed Curnow.
HF: Dennis Armfield, Levi Casboult, Dale Thomas.
F: Tom Bell, Matthew Watson, Troy Menzel.
Foll: Cameron Wood, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy.
Int: Andrew Carrazzo, Patrick Cripps, Matthew Dick, Jason Tutt.
Emg: David Ellard, Nick Graham, Nick Holman.

In: Simon White, Chris Yarran, Matthew Watson, Troy Menzel, Andrew Carrazzo, Matthew Dick, Jason Tutt.

Out:  Clem Smith (Omitted), Mark Whiley (Omitted), Nick Graham (Omitted), Dylan Buckley (Omitted), Andrew Walker (Knee), Blaine Boekhorst (Omitted), Liam Jones (Omitted)

I am a bit surprised that Holman didn't get a go before Dick. I am sorry to say that Dick does not like the answer at this point.
I am pleased to see White and Carrazzo return. They are important players who keep their opponents down much better than we've been able to do in recent times.
I am a bit disappointed that Graham dot dropped: I would like to see him get the opportunities that Liam Jones got. I don't think he is the answer, but I'd like to see him prove it one way or the other.

GWS Giants

B: Heath Shaw, Joel Patfull, Matt Buntine.
HB: Nick Haynes, Phil Davis, Adam Kennedy.
C: Toby Greene, Stephen Coniglio, Tomas Bugg.
HF: Adam Treloar, Cam McCarthy, Devon Smith.
F: Lachie Whitfield, Jeremy Cameron, Zac Williams.
Foll: Shane Mumford, Callan Ward, Tom Scully.
Int: James Stewart, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Ryan Griffen, Dylan Shiel.
Em: Josh Kelly, Jack Steele, Tom Downie
In: No Change

Heath Shaw seems to love playing us. With no Garlett or Betts I don't see any way of embarrassing him by making him pick up a man.
Mumford plays well against us. When he plays well, GWS usually do well.
Ward saves his best games for us. Hopefully Carrots or Curnow can keep him under control for a change.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #119
MM will have White FF and Watson down CHB  ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come