Skip to main content
Topic: RD 7 : Blues V Giants (Pre-Match Pre-Amble) (Read 58651 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 7 : Blues V Giants (Pre-Match Pre-Amble)

Reply #120
I would have liked to see Graham play a full game and not be dropped. I'm not sold on Matthew Dick or Jason Tutt. I should be fair and give them a chance. I have my doubts with these 2. As for Liam Jones, about time. How many chances can we give this guy. He Really needs to go into the seconds and work his bum off. Getting his hands on the ball and converting. Maybe confidence is his number one issue. Mick, please stick Watson up forward and give him a chance like you have given Jones. We have little to lose, and heaps to gain.

Menzel, Yarran and White are a huge bonus for us. It could mean the difference between winning and losing this week. I really believe this. Now that I have said that, we will probably lose again.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #121
I can see a parody coming...
John Lennon's... Give Graham a chance! :P
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #122
We should win and win well, but...

We fold under real heat/pressure. The only question is whether GWS can bring that heat for 4 quarters (actually 3 would probably do the job). We know that we can't sustain heat for more than 2 quarters and I'm betting GWS knows that too.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #123
We should win and win well, but...

We fold under real heat/pressure. The only question is whether GWS can bring that heat for 4 quarters (actually 3 would probably do the job). We know that we can't sustain heat for more than 2 quarters and I'm betting GWS knows that too.

on what basis should we win well?

gws beat hawthorn

they have cameron and a growing midfield and we wont stop him

Reply #124
If someone can explain our "Player Management & Development" policy and how it relates to Nick Graham I'm all ears.

I don't have any idea nor inside knowledge, but I would guess that there is a pecking order being followed regarding where players fit into our team and what roles they are supposed to play to go with .

Beyond that I can't really understand it.

There might be more to it, or it could simply be that Mick doesn't rate him as a better prospect than any of our other young mids. 

I don't think Im going to try and bother and figure out what we are doing, or trying to do, because the club and the MC seem to be on different pages, and deliver mixed messages.

Im just going to ride the wave from here onwards and see where it ends up.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #125
Gee I don't know what Graham has or hasn't done to deserve the treatment he is getting but I'm guessing he'll be gone at season's end along with a few others. Liam Jones gets 6 weeks of underperforming before he gets dropped and Graham gets one quarter. That's how our club does business and who can argue, the're the experts who get paid the big bucks and they know what they're doing.  ::)

I really hope Walker's injury was the reason he played so badly last week (and probably every week since his return) because on that form he shouldn't be getting a game.
Carrazzo and White, ho-hum selections. Both have a crack though so that's something.
Yarran and Menzel back at least give us a bit of toe if nothing else.
Tutt and Dick? Hardly instill confidence.
Watson will once again show all the non-believers that he truly is a spud of gargantuan proportions, much like his head. I only hope he does play forward so as to cause as little damage as possible.
Also thought Boekhorst was a bit stiff. Showed some good signs early.
GWS by 10 goals.

Reply #126
Whilst I suspect that Mick does not rate Graham highly, I think that he's being drive now  by the fact that he's getting ever more desperate for a win, so is relying on the older hands as his best chance. Player development fits in somewhere behind that.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #127
Whilst I suspect that Mick does not rate Graham highly, I think that he's being drive now  by the fact that he's getting ever more desperate for a win, so is relying on the older hands as his best chance. Player development fits in somewhere behind that.

Why does he need to win when we are rebuilding and the club publically announced it after round 2?

People keep looking at our coach as to why we are lacking motivation to play well, but I can tell you now, if guys like Trigg and Lo Giudice have upset the apple cart at the footy club and in such a large way that people probably can't stand walking in the front door right now.

I heard a rumour about Chris Yarran about how he loves Mick, but hates the defeated mentality of our organisation.

Our Organisation.  The Club has been belted by the AFL for the draft sanctions, and we have never recovered.  Clean the place out and start again.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #128
Why does he need to win when we are rebuilding and the club publically announced it after round 2?

People keep looking at our coach as to why we are lacking motivation to play well, but I can tell you now, if guys like Trigg and Lo Giudice have upset the apple cart at the footy club and in such a large way that people probably can't stand walking in the front door right now.

I heard a rumour about Chris Yarran about how he loves Mick, but hates the defeated mentality of our organisation.

Our Organisation.  The Club has been belted by the AFL for the draft sanctions, and we have never recovered.  Clean the place out and start again.

Unlike some, I'm not running with an anti-Mick agenda. I think he's genuinely driven by a desire to win games and is still tasked by the club to do exactly that. At least then he can also salvage some pride and patch up the damage to his reputation.

Whether or not he's part of the longer term rebuild plans I don't know for sure, but I strongly suspect not, and that is my dispassionate opinion.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #129
I'm not anti-Mick, but he needs to be coaching to a plan... it seems to be a rudderless ship wandering to nowheresville.  Playing a kid as a sub then dropping him after a quarter is a way to lose people very quickly.

I would have thought that dropping Boekhorst was a mistake too, when he needs time to get up to speed with the game at the top level.  Almost seems an admission that they've made a mistake.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #130

So what are the players' thoughts when Mick blames their lack of talent for his shortcomings.

I heard a rumour about Yarran that he loves the club but cannot stand Mick.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #131
Boekhorst has been average and last week he was soft too pulling out of a couple of contests but he needs games to condition himself to senior footy.
Like Graham he is good enough to get 20 plus possies in the NB's each week without too much effort and will learn nothing.
I'd be training him as my new Garlett and trying to harden him up, his skills are ok but as discussed many times his light frame isnt up to senior footy yet.
GWS are not a hard unit and rely on moving the ball quickly and are one team you would think Boakhorst would be more comfortable playing against...

Reply #132
We will win this.

We have a number of players coming back who will reduce the pressure on others.
GWS are still a young side, who will be confident after beating the premiers....over confident!

We're two games and a bit of percentage outside the eight.
Time to make our charge. ;) :D

Reply #133
TO be fair, Mick's way is to give them a taste, drop them back and apply that to VFL.

Cripps and Menzel seem to be showing good signs of that.

Still makes no sense to drop Graham. Love to see Whiley given a free reign.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #134
One tip in the HS this week, the kiss of death....now that's embarrassing! :o