Skip to main content
Topic: Giants Trample Blues - Post Match (Read 49595 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Giants Trample Blues - Post Match

Reply #75
Mick's upping the ante this week. Apparently, GWS aren't just a "very good " football side, they're an "awesome" football side.

Talked about the huge difference in class.

Said some of our players are robotic.

The last thing he says to the players as they head up the race is "play the game."

I'd agree with him. As i said earlier, the way they played the game is about as well as anyone can play the game. If they can stay relatively fit and healthy, they will do some damage in september. Get some money on them for the flag in 2016.....and 2017...and 2018...

Reply #76
Lots of tackles = second to the ball.

IMO Judd was our best today.

When he had the ball, he put it to a teammates advantage. His kick into the forwardline to someone who was running back towards the pocket and caught it over his shoulder (Everitt?) was sublime and nobody else on the ground would've even thought to do that. Judd also kicked 2 goals and had 3 inside 50's. Had 3 more touches compared to Gibbs too. Still had 5 clearances for people who still rate them.

He made a difference around the ground.

Fair call Kruds, for me it was between the two of them but I thought Gibbs did more of the heavy lifting, I thought Murphy was pretty good as well and Yarran and Tuohy at least hit the ball hard.
After that lot it was hard to find anyone who even held their own, Carrazzo's first half was good and Bell kept running and trying to attack, but we just didn't have many options, none of our talls fired a shot.
Too many scrubbers in the side, pure and simple.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #77
I'd agree with him. As i said earlier, the way they played the game is about as well as anyone can play the game. If they can stay relatively fit and healthy, they will do some damage in september. Get some money on them for the flag in 2016.....and 2017...and 2018...

Yep, Their biggest challenge is keeping the list together. By the same token, I can't see any of their top line players wanting to leave. Why would any player want to play elsewhere ?

Reply #78
Yep, Their biggest challenge is keeping the list together. By the same token, I can't see any of their top line players wanting to leave. Why would any player want to play elsewhere ?

Yep, after today we can forget about SOS raiding their list. We might have a chance with their delistings, that's about it - providing no other club makes an offer.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #79
I noticed something today that had me thinking. I don't feel our squad trust each other in their own abilities. Tutt received the ball a few times and rang like a weapon after passing it to another player, to then get forward of the centre and free in space. Hands in the air to get the pill passed to him and he was completely ignored. It wasn't just once and he looked like he might have some pace. I don't rate him yet because I haven't seen enough of his game. If this continues he will never become a player.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #80
Opinion obviously Brettie, in your opinion who was better?

To be honest, I don't care. Being at the ground, Judd for mine was the one who appeared to give a damn and play to something close to what could be considered an acceptable standard, but you could see in his body language that he was labouring as the game wore on, having to pick up the slack of the useless spuds around him. Geez I felt sorry for the great man today, he must be regretting every minute his decision to play on this year, as at the time he clearly felt like his teammates were all on the same page in the latter stages of last season, only to have been hoodwinked. Gonna be a sad end to a magnificent career in a team sense.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #81

They have plenty of first rounders not getting a game. Hopefully SOS knows which ones are worth chasing and which are the numpties.

screwers still have Patton to come back too.

Reply #82
I noticed something today that had me thinking. I don't feel our squad trust each other in their own abilities. Tutt received the ball a few times and rang like a weapon after passing it to another player, to then get forward of the centre and free in space. Hands in the air to get the pill passed to him and he was completely ignored. It wasn't just once and he looked like he might have some pace. I don't rate him yet because I haven't seen enough of his game. If this continues he will never become a player.

Not only do they not believe in each other, they also have a higher opinion of their own abilities than they should.

Getting the stuffing knocked out of you should send a message but I think everyone externalises the issue at our club.

United.  It's just a word if you don't play or act that way.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #83
To be honest, I don't care. Being at the ground, Judd for mine was the one who appeared to give a damn and play to something close to what could be considered an acceptable standard, but you could see in his body language that he was labouring as the game wore on, having to pick up the slack of the useless spuds around him. Geez I felt sorry for the great man today, he must be regretting every minute his decision to play on this year, as at the time he clearly felt like his teammates were all on the same page in the latter stages of last season, only to have been hoodwinked. Gonna be a sad end to a magnificent career in a team sense.

I was thinking exactly the same thing during the last quarter.
The chances of him playing again next season are approaching zero and he's still our best player, we haven't hit bottom yet.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #84
They have plenty of first rounders not getting a game. Hopefully SOS knows which ones are worth chasing and which are the numpties.

screwers still have Patton to come back too.

I hope you're right .

Reply #85
Thomas strolls around the ground not giving a Feck about anything.  Has his $700 per year.  He is happy.

Irks me. 

Reply #86
The performances so far this year (at least in Oz) have me thinking back wistfully to the team of rejects that Pagan cobbled together - at least they had a go.

Reply #87
Thomas strolls around the ground not giving a Feck about anything.  Has his $700 per year.  He is happy.

Irks me.
How does Thomas get a game ahead of Buckley or Graham who bust a nut when they get a run? That's right he kicks the ball to Malthouse in the change rooms.

Cam Wood has been a great pick up Mick and cost us f#@k all, Thomas cost us Eddie you f#@kwit!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #88

Yeah I don't feel sorry for Juddy guys. Multi millionaire, premiership, multiple brownlows, putting away that prime piece of steak when he wants. Juddy has it all. It is a shame that he has to play his last season in a lifeless side but I guess Juddy was one to really sink the boots in when Ratts got the ass so you have to wonder if he learned a lesson about the grass always being greener and perhaps not speaking too soon.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #89

Carlton have been doing that for many years. It's like playing in the juniors, you won't kick it to the little guy because you know he won't mark it. FFS, they are all professional footballers.
Very clicky groups down there at Princes park. You are either in or are on the outer.
2024... Moir of the same to come