Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round #7: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks  (Read 39910 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round #7: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks

Reply #75
I was at the game today and thought Kreuzer was easily our best player and actually kept us in the game for the first three quarters. He was only up against first year ruckman Marc Pittonet, but he dominated the hitouts and helped us win a lot of clearances with his follow up bullocking work. I don't know how many possessions he had but he was very effective and our only clear winner on the day.

Geez, that is some seriously good news. :)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
So do we use Kreuzer as a sub and give him a sniff and then he has a week to rest. Or do we use him from the start a sub him to rest. Or do we just give him a couple of weeks to be 100% and play him against Port Adelaide. I am not keen for us to rush him back. Let him build his confidence first. He will earn his spot sooner than later. Its part of his DNA to give a solid effort. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #77
With the bye coming up after next week I say we play him and give him the two weeks to recover.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #78
So do we use Kreuzer as a sub and give him a sniff and then he has a week to rest. Or do we use him from the start a sub him to rest. Or do we just give him a couple of weeks to be 100% and play him against Port Adelaide. I am not keen for us to rush him back. Let him build his confidence first. He will earn his spot sooner than later. Its part of his DNA to give a solid effort. ;)

Mants, if you saw him today there's no way he'll be sub.

Easily the most competitive player on the field.

He was in beast mode.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #79
With the bye coming up after next week I say we play him and give him the two weeks to recover.

Yep, SpecialK straight to the centre, Casboult to FF, Wood to the bench, Everitt to CHF, Jones to oblivion and Tutt on Citrus Duty!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
Agree Everitt has played his best footy for us up forward in NAB Cup games and also on Friday. Give him a run up there along with Watto.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #81
If he is in some form, I would think Barker would want him in as soon as possible. Especially if cimm1979 has him as being on fire. As PI2C states he can have a rest during the bye if they do play him. We need some players with energy, talent and a will to produce a contest while Cripps and other young players are starting their AFL careers. They need role models and mentors on the field.

If we use Everitt forward, throw Jones in defence or back in the seconds. Then leave him there for good.

Reply #82
Yep, SpecialK straight to the centre, Casboult to FF, Wood to the bench, Everitt to CHF, Jones to oblivion and Tutt on Citrus Duty!
Sounding like a plan, like the thoughts on Everitt as well, after MM gone I am hoping this will free up players mentally and let them find their mojo again, hope he is one of them

Reply #83
Sounding like a plan, like the thoughts on Everitt as well, after MM gone I am hoping this will free up players mentally and let them find their mojo again, hope he is one of them

Well Krooz rucked all day so I'd say MM's plan to turn him into a forward is gone through the S bend.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #84
Special-K can spend some time up forward to put pressure on the defenders, but is primarily a Ruck and an extended mid. The tricks have been tried for years already. Maybe one day he could be our Paul Salmon (In his early career before he insisted he should be a ruck), but we will have to wait to see if that is the case. ;)

Reply #85
I just think if throw Kruezer in the middle too much he will get injured and wont have the match fitness anyway..I'd be inclined to let Wood ruck vs Lobbe and use Casboult and Kruezer vs Ryder if he plays. Rather ease MK back and let him prop up our pathetic forward , drop Jones...

Reply #86
Agree Everitt has played his best footy for us up forward in NAB Cup games and also on Friday. Give him a run up there along with Watto.

PI2C

I'd say you were flogging a dead horse but even a dead horse is faster and more competitive than Watto; although he must have given viewers a shock when he gave a second effort today.

Reply #88
PI2C

I'd say you were flogging a dead horse but even a dead horse is faster and more competitive than Watto; although he must have given viewers a shock when he gave a second effort today.

I know you're not a fan but I do respect your opinion. You can't always be right though! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #89
Presuming that the nb's don't have a matching bye, I'd prefer mk to build his fitness there until after the bye round.
He's played one game (game time ?) and missed a week and now played 3/4, I don't think it's enough.
By that I mean, we know he'll make a contribution, but the last thing we want is him breaking down again, I'd like to see him play a full game in our bye round and then get his promotion.
Let’s go BIG !