Skip to main content
Topic: Re: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide - Post match celebrations (Read 61022 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide - Post match celebrations

Reply #120
I could only listen on radio. When Docherty took that game saving mark in the dying seconds the commentators said it was the only thing he'd done right all day.

Yet some people here have him as one of our best.  Comments?
Find a different radio station, they don't have a clue

Reply #121
I agree. He didn't have his best day, but he was a long way from bad. He had about 20 disposals and had 3 absolutely crucial interceptions in those in just the last quarter alone. He kept his opponents down quite well, although Chad Wind - bag did manage at least 2 goals on him (about the only possessions he had, but the fact that he kicked 5 goals was crucial and almost lethal). Ask Angus More - frees how he played: he couldn't get a kick against any of our smaller defenders.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #122
Havnt been around for a while cos we've been so crape. But even had we lost yesterday, it's *that* effort and hardness that we supporters want to see week in and week out. Keep dishing this up on a regular basis and watch us supporters flood back to support you!!
20K @ the G is a dismal effort based only on the crap e've been watching up until now. Keep this style of footy up and 50K plus crowds will be a regular gig ;)
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #123
I agree. He didn't have his best day, but he was a long way from bad. He had about 20 disposals and had 3 absolutely crucial interceptions in those in just the last quarter alone. He kept his opponents down quite well, although Chad Wind - bag did manage at least 2 goals on him (about the only possessions he had, but the fact that he kicked 5 goals was crucial and almost lethal). Ask Angus More - frees how he played: he couldn't get a kick against any of our smaller defenders.

no, its angus milkfrees..

Re: Re: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide - Post match celebrations

Reply #124
Speaking of which, loved the fact that Buckley was able to hold his own against a beefed up juiced up Milkfrees on most occasions.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #125
No FTA & no radio in Sydney and ........ we win !!

Can't take a trick ....... :(

All I know after receiving a phone call is that Cripps played a blinder and the whole team played like men possessed.

Have to ask the question again, how much of this is attributable to Malthouse going and how much is it to do with a new game-plan & attitude ??

The other thing is, what has today done for Barker's chance of getting the gig next year ??

New coach = new attitude = happy supporters !!

Nice to know they are going to be competitive every week from now, it was so hard to stomach some of the performances earlier in the season.

The other thing is, some players who would have been considered a strong chance to be shown the door at the end of the season may end up being offered an extension if they keep up this renewed level of application. Its easy to boot guys who are just going through the motions but now, those who are busting their buns week after week deserve to be rewarded for that level of persistence.

Sheik,

You can open afl.com.au and click on the game that you want to listen to and then click on listen live or something like that. You will have a choice of several radio stations streaming the game live to listen from.

BB1.

Reply #126
rapt we won and 71 tackles sensational,to the coaching panel watch the last quarter and look and learn how port played the last quarter ,fitness level, movement of the ball .running,game style i want to see us play .

Reply #127
Hatchet job on Gibbs continuing  this am... personally I reckon he should get a week because it was unnecessary but I can remember a juicer from the bummers pile driving Carrotts and he didn't get rubbed out....
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #128
Hatchet job on Gibbs continuing  this am... personally I reckon he should get a week because it was unnecessary but I can remember a juicer from the bummers pile driving Carrotts and he didn't get rubbed out....
The number of times this has happened to us and no report has occurred makes me more than wonder. A hatchet Job indeed.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #129
What would the write up be if Zeibel laid that tackle?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #130
Apparently The Duck and schwass were defending Gibbs today so there is some balance.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #131
Apparently The Duck and schwass were defending Gibbs today so there is some balance.

If he gets done, the club should appeal. Keep this ground swell of attitude which has sprung up from the players going through all levels of the club.

Reply #132
Usually go to games with friends, they have slowly dropped off over the course of the season, to the point where I went solo on the weekend foe the first time in a while.  Refused to not go whilst we were losing.  

I am glad that I stuck with it cos it was a great game on Saturday.  Only 20 odd K people at the game but atmosphere was amazing.  Fans have their swagger back, and are enjoying what this team is putting out.  Could not sit down in the last quarter cos I was so on edge, SO I stood in front of the Corporate boxes on Lever P.  Was pacing up and down I was that nervous, all the time listening to radio counting down the clock.  People in corporate box must have thought I was mad. 

The emotion after the siren went was amazing.  One of those rare moments in footy.

Reply #133
Bravo boys. Can't believe it. thought they'd have a crack but still go down by 10 goals!!! couldn't get there on Saturday as local club duties so I still haven't seen them win live. Gold Coast at Etihard this week will see me there so I'm hoping they can keep up the intensity.

Reply #134
The number of times this has happened to us and no report has occurred makes me more than wonder. A hatchet Job indeed.

well if true, the club has got to get smarter and use its media power to advantage