Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game - Round 13 - Blues v Suns (Read 30086 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game - Round 13 - Blues v Suns

Reply #75
I reckon Walks went in to the last game with an issue. The club may think Jammo is cooked?

Watson needs a block of games, like 5 or 6 which has never happened for him.

It actually did happen a year or two back, Matt played about 5 games in a row down back and started to look very comfortable and capable, then he was dropped or injured and it never happened for him again.

Reply #76
It actually did happen a year or two back, Matt played about 5 games in a row down back and started to look very comfortable and capable, then he was dropped or injured and it never happened for him again.

Looks like youre right! Taking so long to get a game in 2013 then bits appearnces in 2014 masks this.

2015 - 1 game: R7
2014 - 3 games: R1,R13,R23
2013 - 5 games: R16,R17,R18,R19,R20
2012 - 8 games: R10,R11,R12, R14,R15,R16,R17,R20
2011 - 3 games: R2,R3,R17

Reply #77
I'm assuming this is in reference to Ellard, although it could also be said about Watson.

Why you have a go at Ellard, but try and persist with Watson is beyond me.

I don't think anyone could say Ellard hasn't been given a fair go.
(Having said that, I think he's probably got those chances because he's been set specific tasks by Mathouse and done what was asked.)

Watson on the other hand was given a bit over half a game this year...
A game where the delivery to the forwards was dreadful and we were smashed.
Still as I've said before, the way for Watson to get games is to demand them with performance.....keep the pressure on.

Reply #78
I'm assuming this is in reference to Ellard, although it could also be said about Watson.

Why you have a go at Ellard, but try and persist with Watson is beyond me.

OMG. NOt rocket science.

Ellard rookie pick, no weapons, 26 years of age 58 game in 8 years.

Watson first round pick, beautiful long left foot kick, 22 years of age and only 20 games in five years.

Can you pick the difference? :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #79
OMG. NOt rocket science.

Ellard rookie pick, no weapons, 26 years of age 58 game in 8 years.

Watson first round pick, beautiful long left foot kick, 22 years of age and only 20 games in five years.

Can you pick the difference? :))

Yeah, 1 has been underperforming when playing 1's. :P

Reply #80
I'm tipping you mean Ellard considering Watson hasn't been given a proper go this year? ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #81
I'm tipping you mean Ellard considering Watson hasn't been given a proper go this year? ;)

'Proper'.  ???

What i saw from Watson this year was one of THE worst performances by a footballer in navy blue ever.

Many can argue that the ball didn't get near him.
Being at the game, i argue that he refused to put it in any effort to get near the ball.

He has played below average in probably 17 of his 20 games thus far.

Reply #82
Still hasn't been given a proper go this year. Ellard has. It's a blight on the club that ellard is still on our list after 8 years of not making it and even now is about to get another game. Just disgraceful.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #83
Still hasn't been given a proper go this year. Ellard has. It's a blight on the club that ellard is still on our list after 8 years of not making it and even now is about to get another game. Just disgraceful.

We've got a long history of having duds on our list for years and years, Hampson was on our list for 7 and Ellard is twice the footballer he is.
Watson just isn't any good PI2C, when he's delisted at the end of this year he'll probably wind up back in the EDFL.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #84
'Proper'.  ???

What i saw from Watson this year was one of THE worst performances by a footballer in navy blue ever.

Many can argue that the ball didn't get near him.
Being at the game, i argue that he refused to put it in any effort to get near the ball.

He has played below average in probably 17 of his 20 games thus far.

I don't think Watson will make it either....
But he hasn't been given a 'proper' go this year.

It may have been the worst performance in navy Blue ever :o (think that's a slight exaggeration Kruds ;D)....but he only got 57% of a game to set that record...no chance of redemption.

So he went from a player who really "needed a bit of self belief to show what he could do" in the last game of 2014.
He was then passed over for a recruit who gave us very little in the early part of the year but who perhaps needed to be played to justify his recruitment.
He was then given half a game in arguably our worst performance of the season.
He's then become a regular multiple goal scorer at VFL level

He probably should get one last crack.
Worst case... he shows nothing and we delist at the end of the year.
Better case....he shows something another club thinks it can use.

Reply #85
Best case.....cements a spot in the side and becomes a premiership player. ;D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #87
The reason Ellard gets a game and Watson can't is because he's simply a better footballer.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #88
Best case.....cements a spot in the side and becomes a premiership player. ;D

Probably at another club......... ::)

Only joking.  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #89
I don't think Watson will make it either....
But he hasn't been given a 'proper' go this year.

It may have been the worst performance in navy Blue ever :o (think that's a slight exaggeration Kruds ;D)....but he only got 57% of a game to set that record...no chance of redemption.

So he went from a player who really "needed a bit of self belief to show what he could do" in the last game of 2014.
He was then passed over for a recruit who gave us very little in the early part of the year but who perhaps needed to be played to justify his recruitment.
He was then given half a game in arguably our worst performance of the season.
He's then become a regular multiple goal scorer at VFL level

He probably should get one last crack.
Worst case... he shows nothing and we delist at the end of the year.
Better case....he shows something another club thinks it can use.

Firstly, the reason he had SFA game time is because he was subbed out because he was useless and giving no effort.
Secondly, if he has been so hard done by in his time at the club, don't you think he would show a bit more heart and effort once he gets out there?

That is why i said it was the worst game ever....i should have stipulated 'from what i have seen' in there and i stand by that. I don't think i ever saw Simpsons first 3 games, but i'm tipping he put in more effort than Watto ever did.

With Watto there is a lot of 'just 1 more crack' and ultimately we are left disappointed. How many 1 more cracks do we give him?