Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game - Round 13 - Blues v Suns (Read 30087 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game - Round 13 - Blues v Suns

Reply #60
Well said Jeza. Has been proven time and time again he's not up to it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #61
How can they keep leaving Boakhorst out?

I'd love to see how he goes in a team that is playing well - as opposed to a team getting crapped on.

Ellard selection makes less than no sense. Why can't our selectors see what is as plain as the nose on your face - Ellard is a good seconds player - nowhere near an AFL player. This sort of crap has been driving me nuts for years. They select based on VFL form rather than what is in the best interests of the team. They picked Warnock because he played well in the seconds even though nobody needs 2 ruckmen when you've got Casboult in the team.

Maybe rewarding VFL form is What we should do.

We just got rid of a coach who had favourites and pets . All players on the same level now, clean slate.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #62
I've always liked Walks, and always wished he could've had a few more seasons like 2011.

I hate myself for saying it, but even if he wasn't injured, he shouldn't be playing seniors. He's been terrible this year.

Man I feel lousy typing that.

I'm guessing he's been injured all year. Missed the start of the season, then another few weeks , not out again.

Reply #63
I'm guessing he's been injured all year. Missed the start of the season, then another few weeks , not out again.

I've thought the same at times. Not sure why he's in the side if this is true. He does neither himself nor the side any favors playing the way he has.

Reply #64

We just got rid of a coach who had favourites and pets . All players on the same level now, clean slate.

Ellard's papers have obviously not yet been stamped, contrary to a popular opinion on here. Not so Watson, who appears to have suffered that fate, unless he can really put in a run of good performances pretty soon.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #65

Selecting the team on the basis of form would be a novel approach  ;)

Ellard may be a depth player but his form is better than his rivals so he should get a spot before them.  Their task is simple; perform so well that they force their way into the team.

It's not rocket science now that the pet master is gone; play well and you'll get opportunities.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #66

I've been saying this for weeks.

Ellard has been BOG at VFL for the last two three games, returning big numbers in the form of clearances,  goals,  possessions and tackles and you just can't ignore that sort of form.

He'll get dropped again soon enough but whilst he is doing that it promotes competition for spots and hopefully some hunger from skittles and co to get a game.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #67

Ellard has been BOG at VFL for the last two three games, returning big numbers in the form of clearances,  goals,  possessions and tackles and you just can't ignore that sort of form.

He'll get dropped again soon enough but whilst he is doing that it promotes competition for spots and hopefully some hunger from skittles and co to get a game.
Totally agree Thry, he's a battler, he's a little aussie battler.
Would love to see Boeky in and unshackled with our refreshed game style, had a pretty good game last week by all reports, i think Whiley and Walsh did also.

Dont think Whiley will get a crack whilst Carrots and Curnow are in the team as defensive mids though.

Havent seen Walsh play but looks like a big unit.

Reply #68

He was BOG two weeks back yes, not last week however and not the week before the BOG. The fact that you say he'll get dropped again soon enough is exactly what we are harping on about. Just a waste of time. Not good enough at this level.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #69
He was BOG two weeks back yes, not last week however and not the week before the BOG. The fact that you say he'll get dropped again soon enough is exactly what we are harping on about. Just a waste of time. Not good enough at this level.

But better than those competing with him for a game.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #70
He plays a different role in the VFL doesn't he....more of a midfielder?
Let him duplicate that in the seniors.

Reply #71
Didn't get dropped. Out with a knee.

Did he hurt his knee in his 10 minute run last week?
I'm struggling to understand why Jamison isn't in as well, he's streets ahead of White as a back, got through the VFL last week OK and is fit enough to be named as an emergency.
I'm happy enough with Ellard getting a game on the back of good VFL form, like most here I don't think he's a long term senior player but its hardly a star studded line up, more than anything I'm disappointed that Jaksch, Boekhurst and Whiley can't force their way into a team that's won two games.
2014 was another draft wipe out by the looks of things.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #72
Did he hurt his knee in his 10 minute run last week?
I'm struggling to understand why Jamison isn't in as well, he's streets ahead of White as a back, got through the VFL last week OK and is fit enough to be named as an emergency.
I'm happy enough with Ellard getting a game on the back of good VFL form, like most here I don't think he's a long term senior player but its hardly a star studded line up, more than anything I'm disappointed that Jaksch, Boekhurst and Whiley can't force their way into a team that's won two games.
2014 was another draft wipe out by the looks of things.

yeah, nah.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #73
Well said Jeza. Has been proven time and time again he's not up to it.

I'm assuming this is in reference to Ellard, although it could also be said about Watson.

Why you have a go at Ellard, but try and persist with Watson is beyond me.

Reply #74
I reckon Walks went in to the last game with an issue. The club may think Jammo is cooked?

I'm assuming this is in reference to Ellard, although it could also be said about Watson.

Why you have a go at Ellard, but try and persist with Watson is beyond me.

Watson needs a block of games, like 5 or 6 which has never happened for him.