Skip to main content
Topic: Round 19 Post Game thread - Blues V Pies (Read 28578 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 19 Post Game thread - Blues V Pies

Reply #45
I don't think we need to tank tbh. Even if we are going to our max. bore there is a low likelihood we can win with the team that we can currently put on the field and that was demonstrated yesterday.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #46
I don't think we need to tank tbh. Even if we are going to our max. bore there is a low likelihood we can win with the team that we can currently put on the field and that was demonstrated yesterday.

We're not going to beat the better teams but with a quality FF up for grabs, you can bet we will be doing everything possible to eliminate any chance of an upset win. We were within 10 points at one stage, collingwood had 30 tackles in the last quarter, that's an absurd amount and we contributed to that IMO.

Reply #47
We're not going to beat the better teams but with a quality FF up for grabs, you can bet we will be doing everything possible to eliminate any chance of an upset win. We were within 10 points at one stage, collingwood had 30 tackles in the last quarter, that's an absurd amount and we contributed to that IMO.

What, you think our players were told to keep running with the ball until they got tackled?  :)

Seriously, our intensity dropped right away and we just couldn't go the full distance that's all. Also, we weren't efficient or precise with our disposals - I don't think that was by design tbh, just the way we are atm.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
That has got to be bullcrap.

You're saying we are tanking - AGAIN - which has worked so well in the past.  FFS.

We are tanking.
Or maybe we are list managing, looking at the new kids.

It's all the same.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #49
Yep
re smith
I wouldn't be too critical of him just yet.
He's a young bloke who hasn't quite come to terms with the pace of the game.
He's just a bit rushed with his decision making at the moment and a bit slow to get rid of the ball...and he's also brushed aside a bit easily and some of his tackles aren't quite sticking....but he has a crack.
Give him twelve months and see if he's still the same player.
Smith is soooo not ready for AFL footy that I find it hard to describe. He has so much to learn and he fumbles terribly. But he is very young and he is willing to tackle and chase. But at the moment he couldn't pick up a cold.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #50
Very raw but still does some okay things.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #51
Can see a lot of potential with Clem. Just needs to hit the gym and the treadmill over Summer

Reply #52
What I took out of the game was the little bit of mongrel some of our younger boys have.
Buckley is a ripper, Holman and Wiley don't take a back step and Cripps towers above most. These new kids on the block like to throw their weight around and fly the flag where necessary.

These kids, including Graham, Walsh, Fields etc etc eg need an energetic young coach who they can develop with and join on the journey.

Reply #53
Yep..
Fair point about the mongrel in the new blood coming through.
No more 'nice' players like Gibbs, Hendo, Jamo etc.

Reply #54
Can't agree on Smith, I would be shocked if he isn't delisted next year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #55
Don't assume he'll be the same player in twelve months time. ;)
If he is he probably will be for the chop.
(....and it will show our development is still crap)

Just at the moment he's taking too much time to do things that should be automatic....if he executes those a bit quicker suddenly he's of value.

Time will tell with this bloke...but crash is right..... at the moment he's not ready.

Reply #56
Can't agree on Smith, I would be shocked if he isn't delisted next year.

You had Buckley as first delisted two months ago. Good signs for Clem!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!