Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond Post Game Prognostications (Read 49386 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond Post Game Prognostications

Reply #225
According to my maths Freo are on the bottom.

I can live with that.
Collingwood have only just given Buckley a two year extension, why is it that footy clubs keep making the same mistakes over and over again?
The only club champions as coach which have been successful in the last 30 years have been Roos at Sydney and Worsfold at WCE, and they only yielded a single flag each.
Despite his one eyed boosters Ratten at Carlton was a disaster, along with Hird at Essendon and Voss at Brisbane, and I'm tipping that Buckley will go the same way as the others.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #226
Yes, we should've got Malthouse much sooner. That Ratten, what a hack..........

Reply #227
Yes, we should've got Malthouse much sooner. That Ratten, what a hack..........

Ratten had five and a half years, Malthouse a little over two, yet here we are now needing an almost total rebuild of our playing list.
They were both disastrous appointments, for different reasons.
We may have finally got it right this time but it's come over a decade late.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #228
Choco Williams?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #229
Ratten had five and a half years, Malthouse a little over two, yet here we are now needing an almost total rebuild of our playing list.
They were both disastrous appointments, for different reasons.
We may have finally got it right this time but it's come over a decade late.

Rattan was far from a disastrous appointment.
Our board at the time was but not Ratts.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #230
Rattan was far from a disastrous appointment.
Our board at the time was but not Ratts.

I'm not surprised that many Carlton supporters still believe that Ratten was a good appointment, just as many Essendon supporters still believe in Hird and the great majority of Collingwood supporters are behind Buckley.
Meanwhile clubs like Hawthorn and Geelong who adopt a pragmatic and rational approach will continue to succeed.

Reply #231
I'm not surprised that many Carlton supporters still believe that Ratten was a good appointment, just as many Essendon supporters still believe in Hird and the great majority of Collingwood supporters are behind Buckley.
Meanwhile clubs like Hawthorn and Geelong who adopt a pragmatic and rational approach will continue to succeed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you one of those who was quite happy to get Malthouse ?

Reply #232
Darren got us back on our feet after Pagan, can't bag him for that.  Would have made a prelim but for bodgy officiating.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #233
Darren got us back on our feet after Pagan, can't bag him for that.  Would have made a prelim but for bodgy officiating.

Either your spell checker is having a giggle at your expense, or you know something about our coaching history that we don't.

Reply #234
Spell checker? Random word substituter more like it.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #236

And from there, with a fit Gibbs, Kreuzer and Waite coming in for the prelim, who knows?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #237
And from there, with a fit Gibbs, Kreuzer and Waite coming in for the prelim, who knows?

Aaawwww Carrots you tease us with these 'what if's'.  ;)  We were so close :(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #238
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you one of those who was quite happy to get Malthouse ?

I was happy to see the back of Ratten and thought that virtually anyone would be step forward.
In hindsight I don't think Malthouse was ever 100% committed to the CFC, I think he took the job to satisfy his ego and to prove others wrong.
Between the two of them we blew 8 years which we'll never get back.

Reply #239

Coodabeens!!!!