Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion (Read 62143 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion

Reply #135
When you're outnumbered in the quality stakes people can often take it out on the better players or existing players.

"Get rid of ....... " "he's crap"
".... Is soft "

I do it as well

The problem is there is no one else yet because they are not ready or they don't exist. If our recruiters and past coaches had done their jobs properly we'd have better players to choose from and that helps everyone and makes everyone look a bit better.

Take out Parker and Hannebery and I guarantee that Kieran Jack and Tom Mitchell don't look like the world beaters they looked yesterday. Jack has struggled in the past when he's had to carry the load and Tom Michells ability to cover bigger players gets exposed.

This is the list we have and we can bitch and moan till the cows come home but we can't change anything till draft/trade time.

The best we can hope for going forward is some improvement in existing players, better application of the game plan and development of the kids and culture.

We are 2 games into the rebuild .

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #137
The hate for Gibbs here is astonishing, I wish we had another half a dozen as good as him.

Yeah but you said exactly the same thing about Nick Stevens.

Murphy has had intent to tackle this season and has no problems tackling IMO. Hit Martin with a ripper last week. His biggest problem is dropping the ball and feigning for frees at the slightest hint of pressure. He and Gibbs in the centre square is pure suicide.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #138
The hate for Gibbs here is astonishing, I wish we had another half a dozen as good as him.

i dont think its hate, its more perpetual disappointment. Everyone knows what he's capable of
He just doesn't bring it when required. fustrating , as this separates him from the elite

Reply #139
Yeah but you said exactly the same thing about Nick Stevens.

Same as Gibbs really, a standout player in a crappy side who pissed off supporters take their frustrations out on.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #140
Same as Gibbs really, a standout player in a crappy side who pissed off supporters take their frustrations out on.

Classy skilled player, unwilling or unable to put his body on the line when it matters. Stevens was just as weak overhead too.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #141
Senior experienced blokes like Gibbs, Murphy, Everitt, Jamo, Simpson, Rowe et al should be taking games by the scruff of the neck and bringing the young kids with them. Not one of those blokes is capable of doing it. Murphy maybe if he rekindled some of the early career form. The rest, pfffft.

Rowe to me is the Tim Henman equivalent.  He has played more AFL games than I could ever dream of playing and good luck to him, but Henman was never going to be more than a quarter final winner in a Grand Slam tournament  because he simply wasn't good enough.  The Poms moaning non stop from 1998 - 2004 about him not reaching his potential etc....but he DID reach his potential.  Rowe is the same. What you see is what you get. He gives 100% and often reaches his potential, but unfortunately his potential is less than what many expect.

If there was someone better, he wouldn't have his place.

Reply #142
When you're outnumbered in the quality stakes people can often take it out on the better players or existing players.

"Get rid of ....... " "he's crap"
".... Is soft "

I do it as well

The problem is there is no one else yet because they are not ready or they don't exist. If our recruiters and past coaches had done their jobs properly we'd have better players to choose from and that helps everyone and makes everyone look a bit better.

Take out Parker and Hannebery and I guarantee that Kieran Jack and Tom Mitchell don't look like the world beaters they looked yesterday. Jack has struggled in the past when he's had to carry the load and Tom Michells ability to cover bigger players gets exposed.

This is the list we have and we can bitch and moan till the cows come home but we can't change anything till draft/trade time.

The best we can hope for going forward is some improvement in existing players, better application of the game plan and development of the kids and culture.

We are 2 games into the rebuild .

Fair points CIMM, but I'd have less grey hairs if Bryce had Nathan Jones' heart. I know no player is perfect..........

Reply #143
Classy skilled player, unwilling or unable to put his body on the line when it matters. Stevens was just as weak overhead too.

Maybe, maybe not, but at least they can hit a target which puts them head and shoulders ahead of three quarters of our team.
Realistically we have about half a dozen players who would get a game at a top four side and Gibbs is one of them.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #144
Maybe, maybe not, but at least they can hit a target which puts them head and shoulders ahead of three quarters of our team.
Realistically we have about half a dozen players who would get a game at a top four side and Gibbs is one of them.

Gibbs does not hit targets when under pressure. Jason Tutt can hit a target when clear.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #145
Gibbs does not hit targets when under pressure. Jason Tutt can hit a target when clear.

I've never seen Simmo butcher it as badly as he did yesterday, his foot skills have never been flash but yesterday they hit an all time low.
Maybe it's contagious.

Reply #146
Gibbs would not play at hawthorn or Sydney the way he currently plays.
They have minimum standards of commitment.
Absolute garbage

Reply #147
As good as him? Agreed. As soft as him? No thanks.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #148
BANG!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #149
Umm, be careful B4L Carrots, you'll get belted on this site for saying things like that!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th