Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion (Read 60431 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion

Reply #225
If you were the recruiting manager at the crows or port would you trade your first round pick for Gibbs on current form? They've both already got good midfield depth who are all currently playing better.
Kerridge couldn't even get a proper run at the Crows - what value would Gibbs be to them?
Gibbs and Murphy would add value as outside mids or fwds at a team already full of grunt and leadership in the midfield. They offer us zero in this dept hence why they would have trade value.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #226
Gibbs would kill it at the crows as an outside runner and finisher feeding off Sloane, Crouch, Thompson etc.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #227
Gibbs would kill it at the crows as an outside runner and finisher feeding off Sloane, Crouch, Thompson etc.

Absolutely! Look at the reverse situation with Kerridge - he would be finding more pressure playing for us that he would have dreamed possible at the Crows. I think it was well illustrated v. the Tiggers as he tired in the 4Q.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #228
yes  LP you have heard all before .I started saying we are to slow when we recruited brock maclean and we  had  carrazo,robbo. ellard allthe same pace now fwd to 2016 and i think we have the same situation.

Reply #229
I'm just hoping one of them is dumb enough to give away a late first rounder, he could provide them with polish, or they may at least think that. You have to ask yourself if he is as good as many on here say, surely he's worth say pick #12?

I've been reading this thread with some interest.  I actually agree we should put Gibbs on the trade table at the end of the year.  It would be a radical move because he is probably our most gifted ball user in a team that isn't blessed with that type of player, but still worth while doing i think.  Port Adelaide IMO will finish with pick 5 or 6 and I think they would give up that for Gibbs in a heartbeat.  Kenny will think they can still win a flag with a bit of extra cream on the cake.  If we finish bottom (which I think we will unfortunately) with only 2 to 3 wins we would have an argument for a priority pick.   This means we could have picks 1,2 5 and 20 and if you throw in a free agent- say from the bombers (hurley, hibbard etc), it would leave us very competitive in the draft.  I would use picks 1+2 on the best key forwards in the draft (ala Hawks with Buddy and Roughead), pick 5 gets us a great mid (ala Lewis) then trade pick 20 with perhaps Levi to Fremantle to get someone like Mayne and we should be off and running.  

Reply #230
Unless he has a big reversal in form Gibbs is pretty unlikely to attract a top 10 draft pick - the catch 22 being if his form improves why would we trade him?
On present performance I'd say we'd be lucky if norf or hawthorn offer their first picks to us for him at the end of the year.

Reply #231
We got Geelong 's first rounder for Hendo so anything is possible  - even if Geelong rates themselves for this year.

Reply #232
We got Geelong 's first rounder for Hendo so anything is possible  - even if Geelong rates themselves for this year.

Yup, Gibbs is ten times the player Hendo is!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #233

...and we might bundle that up with something.

I still don't think we'll get rid of Gibbs. Well just look to put better players around him.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #234
...and we might bundle that up with something.

I still don't think we'll get rid of Gibbs. Well just look to put better players around him.

Isn't that our problem though? We need to build around Cripps, not Gibbs.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #235
Isn't that our problem though? We need to build around Cripps, not Gibbs.

Maybe, but I rate Gibbs a bit higher probably.

The other problem are.
He's contracted.
MLG and McKay said he wouldnt be shopped.
I'm not sure we'd get a whole lot.

Stranger things have happened though. I would never have expected Goddard, DalSanto, Griffen, Cooney, Shaw, Thomas etc to change clubs once upon a time.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #236
Maybe, but I rate Gibbs a bit higher probably.

Mate I've always rated him VERY highly but to still produce the inconsistencies he does at this stage of his career under a fourth coach.....meh.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #237
Mate I've always rated him VERY highly but to still produce the inconsistencies he does at this stage of his career under a fourth coach.....meh.

You know he's going to kill it this week don't you? ;D

Reply #239
You know he's going to kill it this week don't you? ;D
He will tag Ablett all game and still rack up a heap of easy possessions. :o
2024... Moir of the same to come