Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 4: Pre Game Pressure: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 41778 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 4: Pre Game Pressure: Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #120
Well, we are now three weeks in and already White and Jamo are out, we are progressing. Next is that spudnik Rowe. Hope to see Buckley given a go off halfback or in the BP this week.
This

Reply #121
Really happy with the ins, but they will be underdone so im not expecting much from them.

It's funny though, for the 2 and a half years we had Malthouse/Voldemort in charge it was excruciating for me to watch a game of ours, whether we won or lost.

Now, i'm more than happy to watch us lose, as its apart of our journey back to the top. And im really enjoying watching the newbies run around. This is easily the most interested I've been since the start of 2008 when the great man came along.

Winter is coming, but spring soon follows  ;)

Go Blues!

Reply #122
Really happy with the ins, but they will be underdone so im not expecting much from them.

It's funny though, for the 2 and a half years we had Malthouse/Voldemort in charge it was excruciating for me to watch a game of ours, whether we won or lost.

Now, i'm more than happy to watch us lose, as its apart of our journey back to the top. And im really enjoying watching the newbies run around. This is easily the most interested I've been since the start of 2008 when the great man came along.

Go Blues!
Ease up buttercup, I'm NEVER happy to watch em lose. I understand where we are and where we are going but nobody should be happy to watch us lose, ever!! I've had enough of it thanks. I get what ya mean though ;)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #123
Gibbs next...unless he extracts numerous digits.

Good luck with that. He's untouchable and that has everything to do with why our culture is so poor.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #124
Good luck with that. He's untouchable and that has everything to do with why our culture is so poor.

Yeah, I know mate, just wishful thinking (and yes, i voted to trade him come season's end).

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #125

Go Blues!
Winter is coming and we have a Bolton in charge  >:D

Reply #127

Go Blues!

While I can't say I'm ever happy to watch us lose, I understand where you're coming from.  Those brief moments when everything clicks and the performances of the young blokes being given a chance are signs of a brighter future.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #129
Amers must be spewing about Whiley's omission after giving that spud a vote for last week's performance.....worst vote ever.

Btw - Tuohy played on Stringer last time & did a fairly good job......Stringer kicked 3, but from memory 2 of them were straight out of his clacker.......

Caleb Daniel tore us a new one in the last quarter of that same game.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #130
I think Redpath was the one that did the damage on us last time.

One thing that bodes well for us, is that Casboult has a pretty good record against the Dogs.  He needs to be in good goal kicking form else we wont do much.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #131
I think Redpath was the one that did the damage on us last time.

One thing that bodes well for us, is that Casboult has a pretty good record against the Dogs.  He needs to be in good goal kicking form else we wont do much.

Sicily pulled down some marks last week so Casboult should be able to take a few more than him. After he marks it is the problem.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #132
Sicily pulled down some marks last week so Casboult should be able to take a few more than him. After he marks it is the problem.

If Philips or Kruezer could take a few marks down forward we match stretch the Dogs as they only have the one tall defender...

Reply #133
Surprising ins, but really looking forward to seeing new players.

........ all newbies are SOS selections so far. ;)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #134
gibbs to have a big game,and can we leave our fwd line open for casbolt to kick a bag.(still to trade gibbs at the end of year)