Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 6: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs. Essendon (Read 56906 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 6: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs. Essendon

Reply #75
No to Tutt....Essendon's modus operandi vs us is to be physical and intimidate, even though they are down on some of their physical personnel I dont expect Worsfiold to change what has been successful vs us .....too many flyweights and boys wont get it done IMO...
We need to set the example early and be harder than them and take no prisoners....beating Freo wont mean much if we lose to these maggots....and the worst way to lose would be by being weak and walked all over....

Reply #76
Armfield looks like the only fit option left or perhaps DVJR.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77
No to Tutt....Essendon's modus operandi vs us is to be physical and intimidate, even though they are down on some of their physical personnel I dont expect Worsfiold to change what has been successful vs us .....too many flyweights and boys wont get it done IMO...
We need to set the example early and be harder than them and take no prisoners....beating Freo wont mean much if we lose to these maggots....and the worst way to lose would be by being weak and walked all over....

Wise words EB, we need to be strong and bully them and get stuck into that clown Goddard who believes everything that comes out of his mouth.
Would love to beat em and beat em well. >:D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #78

Interesting re the intimidation...I think Bynne, Wright and Kerridge all add extra muscle to the lineup. Casboult, Touhy Docherty (Armfield if in) and Cripps won't take crap.  C Curnow has shown that he won't be pushed around and E Curnow will be in if his brother is.

Stokes, Kelly, Daniher, Cooney, Gwilt, Brown, Langford, Parish, Tipungwuti etc don't strike fear into me and are as intimidating as Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson, Thomas, Jones. The other 'no name brands' mean nothing to me.  Zaharakis plays it hard and Goddard is a sniper. If Goddard does start something, put the Irish setters onto him  first and work backwards from there.

In that first game against Richmond our tackling and pressure on the man was first rate.  Bring that again and they won't have a chance to intimidate.

Reply #79
Based on what I saw of us v. Freo I reckon we'll be all over 'em and if anybody's doing any intimidating it'll be us. Have no fear, we'll be out to make a statement IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #80
Armfield looks like the only fit option left or perhaps DVJR.

Army a no brainer in for Buckley who's out with injury.

Army doesn't take a backward step either.....

1Aw still not fit - a worry.

Other than that, why change what worked in Perth?

Jones earned a game this week but if another tall sought, Jaksch before Everitt too - the latter needs to extract several digits seemingly....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #81
Based on what I saw of us v. Freo I reckon we'll be all over 'em and if anybody's doing any intimidating it'll be us. Have no fear, we'll be out to make a statement IMO.

Yeah I reckon BB would have drummed into them more Hawthorn mantra along the those lines.  ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #82
I'm going to this one and hate more then anything losing to these pr1cks.

Haven't had a decent win over them for a few years and lately favourites or not they seem to play well against us. Hopefully change of coach will change this trend.

Cant bare to think of leaving the ground with head down knowing their delusional supporters will be thinking we even beat them when half our team is out!

I know we have a brighter future but really want to win well on Sunday otherwise we can spin it all we want but we will look like their bitches.

I don't ask for much off my team these days but please forking win this one!!!

Reply #83
Army a no brainer in for Buckley who's out with injury.

Army doesn't take a backward step either.....

1Aw still not fit - a worry.

Other than that, why change what worked in Perth?

Jones earned a game this week but if another tall sought, Jaksch before Everitt too - the latter needs to extract several digits seemingly....

Totally agree with everything you say here.

I'd be half tempted to bring in Simon White to follow Goddard around and make his day hell...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #84
I'll be freakin' devestated if we lose this one.......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #85
So for me we have the following with the future of our best 22 in Brackets  these should ebb and flow based on who is ready sooner or who has improved immensely:

FB:----Weitering(Weitering)---------Jamison(Plowman)------------Simpson(Docherty)

HB: White(Byrne)--------------Rowe(Glass-Mckasker)-----------------Tuohy(Skittles)

C:   Murphy(Graham)--------------Kerridge(Cunningham)---------------------------Thomas(Boekhorst)

HF:  Everitt(Silvagni)---------Casboult(Mckay)-------------------Gibbs(Sumner)

FF:   --Walker(C. Curnow)--------------Jones(Jaksch)----------------------Wright(Lamb)

F:  Kreuzer(Korcheck)---------Cripps(Cripps)----------------------------E.Curnow(Whiley)

*INT: Tutt, Armfield, Phillips(Gorringe), Buckley (Smith)

Thats not to say that we wont fling anyone else either who currently is in our best 22, but I get the idea that this is how we should think of our team moving forward.

I reckon Kerridge is a very good addition, & will be for sometime hopefully.  He was great at the stoppages on the weekend, fantastic backup for Cripps.  Cunningham will have to be something to push him out of the side.

cheers

Mal.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #86
Totally agree with everything you say here.

I'd be half tempted to bring in Simon White to follow Goddard around and make his day hell...

Do you think White can run with a fit Goddard?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #87

Me too, especially as I missed our last game and only caught the end on the radio.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #88
Do you think White can run with a fit Goddard?

Yes.

But I don't see a tag/run with player as an option.

If you don't do it with Fyfe why do it with Goddard?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #89

It's one of those games, that they will be up for the fight and we still can't kick enough score.

Prepare yourself and know it's just a bump in the long road.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset