Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 6: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs. Essendon (Read 56904 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 6: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs. Essendon

Reply #105
It's one of those games, that they will be up for the fight and we still can't kick enough score.

Prepare yourself and know it's just a bump in the long road.

x2....They dont have much of a defense but we dont have much of an attack....only needs one player from either side to fire up and kick 4+ goals and thats probably going to be enough
to win the game....
You would think we would win with Cripps, Murphy etc leading the way but its Essendon which takes some logic out of the equation, we just seem to have a mental barrier when playing them that goes all the way back to Sheedy vs Parkin. They think they can take us no matter what the circumstances and too many times I have seen us fold up in the past to be over confident...
I am going to enjoy this win more than the Freo game but I will also be riding every kick until the siren as the Bombers seem to get lucky vs us when it matters.....

Reply #106
x2....They dont have much of a defense but we dont have much of an attack....only needs one player from either side to fire up and kick 4+ goals and thats probably going to be enough
to win the game....
You would think we would win with Cripps, Murphy etc leading the way but its Essendon which takes some logic out of the equation, we just seem to have a mental barrier when playing them that goes all the way back to Sheedy vs Parkin. They think they can take us no matter what the circumstances and too many times I have seen us fold up in the past to be over confident...
I am going to enjoy this win more than the Freo game but I will also be riding every kick until the siren as the Bombers seem to get lucky vs us when it matters.....

I agree with this.

Never confident against this mob. Last week they looked like the bottom side we all know they are but the week prior they pushed the cats till into the last quarter. I watched that game and they wouldn't go away and kept scoring when needed to be close enough to pinch it. The cats class broke them in the last 20mins but was far from easy. 

Result this week hinges a lot on which bombers team turns up....

Reply #107
we will either lose by under a goal or belt them by 10.

Reply #108
......... I watched that game and they wouldn't go away and kept scoring when needed to be close enough to pinch it. The cats class broke them in the last 20mins but was far from easy. 

I watched that game. I thought Geelong treated it without respect and played like they were doing circle work for 3/4. Once Geelong got a bit more serious, and I mean just a bit, they never looked like losing.

Perhaps for some obscure reason Geelong have some empathy for EFC! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #109
I watched that game. I thought Geelong treated it without respect and played like they were doing circle work for 3/4. Once Geelong got a bit more serious, and I mean just a bit, they never looked like losing.

Perhaps for some obscure reason Geelong have some empathy for EFC! :o

I think the danger in playing Essendon lies in thinking that you're in for an easy win, and I suspect that's what Geelong did.

I can't really see us doing that.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #110
You wouldn't have thought the perennial cellar-dwellers, Melbourne, would have thought they would win easily, but they did.

Reply #111
I think the danger in playing Essendon lies in thinking that you're in for an easy win, and I suspect that's what Geelong did.

I can't really see us doing that.

With out ability to hit the scoreboard, no one from Carlton should think any win will be easy.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #112
You wouldn't have thought the perennial cellar-dwellers, Melbourne, would have thought they would win easily, but they did.

I suspect Melbourne thinks that they are well ahead of their true position, particularly if Bugg's behaviour is any guide.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #113
With out ability to hit the scoreboard, no one from Carlton should think any win will be easy.

Very true Thry.  I reckon our wins this year will be arm wrestles - unless we start to make the most of our forward 50 entries.

Reply #114

Not like us to get ahead of ourselves lol.

My mate texted me after the win and said we're going to win the next 3 games.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #115
Not like us to get ahead of ourselves lol.

My mate texted me after the win and said we're going to win the next 3 games.

I had us down for 8 in a row.

Actually, it was hard to imagine us losing a game! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116
I had us down for 8 in a row.

Actually, it was hard to imagine us losing a game! :o

Walking a thin line there LP  ;)

Reply #118
Has anyone heard the whisper the club is seriously considering a SOSOS debut against the CheatsFC this Sunday afternoon?

I think that would be a waste, you might get a few thousand more Sunday arvo, but on a Friday or Saturday home game at The G you might get 20K more!

But I suppose CheatsFC defense is sorely depleted and would be a good choice for a newbie to get a run against.

Is SOSOS a suitable substitute for Buckley, could he play the small forward role?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #119
Has anyone heard the whisper the club is seriously considering a SOSOS debut against the CheatsFC this Sunday afternoon?

I think that would be a waste, you might get a few thousand more Sunday arvo, but on a Friday or Saturday home game at The G you might get 20K more!

But I suppose CheatsFC defense is sorely depleted and would be a good choice for a newbie to get a run against.

Is SOSOS a suitable substitute for Buckley, could he play the small forward role?
If this was the case I would be rapt however on the provisos that the kid has earned a spot and is ready. I am confident the coaches will make the right decision, the days of our club playing guys for marketing purposes (to the detriment of the players development and long term future) are over I reckon.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time