Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 6: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs. Essendon (Read 56722 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 6: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs. Essendon

Reply #150
Charlie Curnow out with 'illness' 3 days before the game.......that doesn't sound good.

It might be code for celebration of a win interstate.

Personally I'm glad this mob like to go after our young players and it's time we repaid the favour by ensuring parish and Francis have a navy blue headache each time they play us
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #151
Byrne Cripps Docherty I like the centreline a lot.

Reply #152
Charlie Curnow out with 'illness' 3 days before the game.......that doesn't sound good.

Probably caught Murphy's lurgy!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #153
Is there something in the contract with our Irish players that they can only ever be tried at half back?

Touhy seems a natural wingman but I can't recall ever seeing him play anywhere other than back flank / pocket.

Reply #154
Congratulations Matthew Wright - 100 games.

I hope he kicks a couple and gets BOG
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #155
For mine, this one will be won or lost in the coaches box. Cagey shifty old fox Woosha vs Young driven like no other Bolts.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #156
For mine, this one will be won or lost in the coaches box. Cagey shifty old fox Woosha vs Young driven like no other Bolts.

Not sure Woosh is all that clever GTC. He's more Malthouse than you might think.

Bolts is cutting edge .
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #157

I hope that's what it is. Didn't deserve to be dropped, that's for sure.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #158
If this was the case I would be rapt however on the provisos that the kid has earned a spot and is ready. I am confident the coaches will make the right decision, the days of our club playing guys for marketing purposes (to the detriment of the players development and long term future) are over I reckon.

hmm don't think so. I got a call from SOSOS the day after he was drafted to sign up as a member  :o

Reply #159
hmm don't think so. I got a call from SOSOS the day after he was drafted to sign up as a member  :o

Some things change, some things stay the same! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #160
Is there something in the contract with our Irish players that they can only ever be tried at half back?

Touhy seems a natural wingman but I can't recall ever seeing him play anywhere other than back flank / pocket.

He's probably one of our best kicks for goal too.... get him in the forward line  ffs
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #161
Thats totally completely different to what I wrote. I said actually playing kids like SOS who aren't ready (form and maturity) just to get a crowd and extra membership or two.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #162

He's probably one of our best kicks for goal too.... get him in the forward line  ffs

Yep agree, we should definitely give him a run forward, he does run and mark reasonably well and can really hurt with his foot skills. Playing off a wing and driving inside 50 could be the next move for him and then you've got a player with defensive pressure (experience) who can move up and down the ground.

Reply #163
In: Armfield, Graham

Emerg: White, Tutt, Jamison.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #164
Happy to see Puss get another chance... but of bite around the packs with two good inclusions. Hopefully tackling count improves