Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 37821 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Pre Game Premonitions: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #75
The only likely change, if any, will be Jaksch for Gorringe IMO. The rest is probably just a smoke screen.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #76
The only likely change, if any, will be Jaksch for Gorringe IMO. The rest is probably just a smoke screen.

I'm not sure it's that big a game to be letting go smokescreens. Beside, if that's the only change, then we have no ruckman.

Reply #77

Backs   6. Kade Simpson   20. Lachie Plowman   15. Sam Docherty
Half-backs   42. Zach Tuohy   23. Jacob Weitering   39. Dale Thomas
Centreline   19. Liam Sumner   4. Bryce Gibbs   27. Dennis Armfield
Half-forwards   33. Andrejs Everitt   1. Andrew Walker   35. Ed Curnow
Forwards   46. Matthew Wright   43. Simon White   13. Jed Lamb
Followers   17. Sam Rowe   9. Patrick Cripps   3. Marc Murphy (C)

Interchange (from):   11. Sam Kerridge   14. Liam Jones   37. Daniel Gorringe
    38. Ciaran Byrne   18. Kristian Jaksch   41. Levi Casboult
    8. Matthew Kreuzer   

In: Kreuzer, Casboult, Jaksch

Given the circumstances someone might come out of the actual 18, which never happens for Sunday games bar injuries, if Kreuzer and Casboult are fit. You'd think, from the bench, Kerridge and Byrne will play, as would a fit Kreuzer and Casboult together with with Jones or Jaksch, the latter if I had the choice.

Walker at CHF
White at FF
Rowe in the ruck

At least one of Gorringe, Kreuzer and Casboult will play so the above doesn't happen.
If it is only 1, then at least 1 of Jones/Jaksch is a certainty if not both.

If both Kreuzer and Casboult come up, we will probably lose at least 1 of Jones, Walker, Everitt from our side last week.

One thing for sure is...it will make Geelongs match committee work overtime in prepping for matchups this week.

Reply #78
Jaksch for Jones?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #79

Jaksch in the ruck Cookie?  I don't think so.  Using Rowe as our only ruckman would be a recipe for disaster (should that be 'greater disaster').

Playing Jaksch gives us the ability to send Rowe back to defence.  Jaksch can also spell Rowe down back when Gorringe needs a spell.

Of the two 'wounded warriors', I suspect that Kreuzer is more likely to play.  If he does, Gorringe could miss out.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #80
In: Kreuzer, Casboult, Jaksch

Are the club playing 'ducks & drakes' with this stuff ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #81
Yeah I call BS
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #82
Both named on the bench, so both highly unlikely to play.

Sunday game, so can change the emergencies before then without much of an issue.

Is the club just trying to get people interested in the match in the hope more turnup??
Hard deck, would doubt very much they will play given their injuries.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #83
= no change.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #84
Carlton

B: Kade Simpson, Lachie Plowman, Sam Docherty.
HB: Zach Tuohy, Jacob Weitering, Dale Thomas.
C: Liam Sumner, Bryce Gibbs, Dennis Armfield.
HF: Andrejs Everitt, Andrew Walker, Ed Curnow.
F: Matthew Wright, Simon White, Jed Lamb.
Foll: Sam Rowe, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy.
Int: Sam Kerridge, Liam Jones, Daniel Gorringe, Ciaran Byrne, Kristian Jaksch, Levi Casboult, Matthew Kreuzer (Three to be omitted)

I think a few people have been smoking illegal substances: I copied this because I didn't believe what I saw. And yet, it is here, for everyone to see. Amazing? Didn't Casboult break a leg? I seem to recall he did. Didn't Kreuzer have his meniscus trimmed? Yes he did, a few days before I did. I got off crutches today, and he ready to play senior footy?
I thought they might rest Cripps and maybe Weitering, who obviously were not 100% fit last week. That they are both playing is a mild surprise, but nothing compared to the other 2.
I am surprised that Walker survived. I would have dropped him, Indigenous Round or not. He hasn't been contributing enough.
I know that the positions named are always speculative, to say the least. However, Rowe as the primary ruckman? White as FF? No Wood? No Graham?
I look on in wonder. And seriously, I hope we do not play unfit players: that is damn stupid. If they don't come up, we lose flexibility on the day and they miss a lot more time than they would have otherwise.

Geelong Cats

B: Lachie Henderson, Tom Lonergan,  Andrew Mackie.
HB: Corey Enright, Harry Taylor, Tom Ruggles.
C: Mark Blicavs, Joel Selwood, Steven Motlop.
HF: Shane Kersten, Zac Smith, Mitch Duncan.
F: Jimmy Bartel, Tom Hawkins, Josh Caddy.
Foll: Rhys Stanley, Cameron Guthrie, Patrick Dangerfield.
Int: Jed Bews, Cory Gregson, George Horlin-Smith, Jake Kolodjashnij, Darcy Lang, Jordan Murdoch, Billie Smedts (Three to be omitted)

I look at Geelong's structure, and our team is just not prepared for their possible match-ups. Not that I expect Geelong  to line up as named, but their structures are relatively well known. Who are their opponents?
Things just don't match up.

Maybe the Match Committee knows a lot more than I do: it is possible. But our team does not make sense.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #85
Carlton

B: Kade Simpson, Lachie Plowman, Sam Docherty.
HB: Zach Tuohy, Jacob Weitering, Dale Thomas.
C: Liam Sumner, Bryce Gibbs, Dennis Armfield.
HF: Andrejs Everitt, Andrew Walker, Ed Curnow.
F: Matthew Wright, Simon White, Jed Lamb.
Foll: Sam Rowe, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy.
Int: Sam Kerridge, Liam Jones, Daniel Gorringe, Ciaran Byrne, Kristian Jaksch, Levi Casboult, Matthew Kreuzer (Three to be omitted)

I think a few people have been smoking illegal substances: I copied this because I didn't believe what I saw. And yet, it is here, for everyone to see. Amazing? Didn't Casboult break a leg? I seem to recall he did. Didn't Kreuzer have his meniscus trimmed? Yes he did, a few days before I did. I got off crutches today, and he ready to play senior footy?
I thought they might rest Cripps and maybe Weitering, who obviously were not 100% fit last week. That they are both playing is a mild surprise, but nothing compared to the other 2.
I am surprised that Walker survived. I would have dropped him, Indigenous Round or not. He hasn't been contributing enough.
I know that the positions named are always speculative, to say the least. However, Rowe as the primary ruckman? White as FF? No Wood? No Graham?
I look on in wonder. And seriously, I hope we do not play unfit players: that is damn stupid. If they don't come up, we lose flexibility on the day and they miss a lot more time than they would have otherwise.

Geelong Cats

B: Lachie Henderson, Tom Lonergan,  Andrew Mackie.
HB: Corey Enright, Harry Taylor, Tom Ruggles.
C: Mark Blicavs, Joel Selwood, Steven Motlop.
HF: Shane Kersten, Zac Smith, Mitch Duncan.
F: Jimmy Bartel, Tom Hawkins, Josh Caddy.
Foll: Rhys Stanley, Cameron Guthrie, Patrick Dangerfield.
Int: Jed Bews, Cory Gregson, George Horlin-Smith, Jake Kolodjashnij, Darcy Lang, Jordan Murdoch, Billie Smedts (Three to be omitted)

I look at Geelong's structure, and our team is just not prepared for their possible match-ups. Not that I expect Geelong  to line up as named, but their structures are relatively well known. Who are their opponents?
Things just don't match up.

Maybe the Match Committee knows a lot more than I do: it is possible. But our team does not make sense.
I doubt they had any ins other than KJ. The fact Kruze and Cas have been named on an extended bench and being at Eddiehad on a hard deck, they are no chance give they have leg injuries. KJ will come in for Gorringe or Kerridge. To me Sam has slowly gone off the boil. After every game, he has been seen in the change room with heavily iced calves. I think he trained too hard over the preseason in an effort to impress and I reckon its backfired a little. He needs a spell and he is my smokey for a rest this week. Rowe must go back.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #86
“Kreuzer has improved after the surgery quicker than expected and he had a follow-up meeting with the surgeon today,” McKay said.

“The surgeon says structurally his knee is sound, so it will be a matter of whether he can get through training over the coming days before we can consider him for selection.

“In terms of Levi, his initial MRI scan revealed a small hairline fracture to the top of his tibia, but a more recent CT scan revealed it’s actually a depression in his tibia which is a lot less severe.

“It has improved an enormous amount over the last few days.

He will still require a thorough test tomorrow before we can rule him in or out.”

They aren't playing, this is a ruse to give the Cats the craps plus a PR exercise to make sure the fans are still interested in the team etc.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #87
Carlton by 25.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #88

Only with our fans, Geelong know they're not playing.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #89
Jaksch in the ruck Cookie? I don't think so.  Using Rowe as our only ruckman would be a recipe for disaster (should that be 'greater disaster').

Playing Jaksch gives us the ability to send Rowe back to defence.  Jaksch can also spell Rowe down back when Gorringe needs a spell.

Of the two 'wounded warriors', I suspect that Kreuzer is more likely to play.  If he does, Gorringe could miss out.

Who knows? Are we experimenting or did we have a smoke-in at the MC meeting?  :)

Personally I wouldn't mind if Gorringe gets another gig. If he does would there be any changes at all?

If Rowe is playing ruck again I'll be interested to see how our defence handles Hawkins.

Actually, the more I think about this the more I think Kreuzer may indeed play.
Reality always wins in the end.