Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 9: Northern Blues vs Frankston at Ikon (Read 29057 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 9: Northern Blues vs Frankston at Ikon

Reply #45

This was our final line-up. No mention of Phillips, so he can't have been a big factor. Probably won't play next week against St. Kilda.

Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #46
Silvagni kicked 4?

Reply #47
Silvagni kicked 4?

Yeap,
Jack Silvagni's final stats: 21 disposals, 7 marks (4 inside 50), 7 inside 50s, 4.2.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #48
Yeap,
Jack Silvagni's final stats: 21 disposals, 7 marks (4 inside 50), 7 inside 50s, 4.2.

Nice!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #49

This was our final line-up. No mention of Phillips, so he can't have been a big factor. Probably won't play next week against St. Kilda.

Phillips had 5 disposals to QT, dropped out of the stats count after that, but if Kreuz doesn't come up I would have thought he'd come in if at all ready.

Reply #50
Silvagni kicked 4?

Twitter says - Jack had 21 disposals, 7 marks (4 inside 50), kicked 4.2
Would love to see him play...

Looking forward to reports from Bluebaggers at the game. With thanks in advance ^-^
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #51
Don't hold back Jaksch and Jack play them

Reply #52
Cuningham out again?

Reply #53
Cuningham out again?

he has OP not moving well at training is what I heard.. he wants to play and want to play him but not moving well I think his year is shot

Reply #54
Don't hold back Jaksch and Jack play them

If G-SOS could earn a game this year it would be a massive positive... he keeps kicking goals, he is giving himself every chance.

Reply #55
The thing with Jack is that whilst he is already really better than Jones I suspect, he is still the youngest player on any list and will be a LOT of attention. Playing 2nds doesn't really hurt him, as he seems to be taking to it like a duck to water... But then again, running out and playing in front of the Carlton faithful really would be a big deal also.

If he plays I want it to be against a team that is less likely to smash him up.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #56
The new Carlton under BB will protect him. We don't take that sort of stuff anymore.

Reply #57
The new Carlton under BB will protect him. We don't take that sort of stuff anymore.
agree, play him if he's ready, it will be another highlight in what has already been a remarkable year.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #58
The question, who does he displace?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #59
I went and had a look today. The things that stood out:
- Jack was very good - strong contested marks, kicked very well and also very clean with the hands in difficult conditions. Was not breaking packs open but on a few occasions was able to get to the ball and get it out of a contested situation cleanly and quickly.
- Wiley was very good - worked hard all day.
- KJ was involved all day, presented and contested very well. Progressing well I thought
- Not too sure about Clem Smith, not as quick as I was hoping and flew for a number of pack marks when he should have been crumbing as most time the ball went to ground due to the conditions.