Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 15: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 28980 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 15: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #90
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when SOS was told he was in. If the reaction to being drafted was any indication, this would have been a ripper. I, as are many of my friends, are very excited about this this debut. Its like the arrival of a new child for the Carlton family. As many have said, the Silvagni family is Carlton royalty and the linage continues tomorrow. Lets not put too much expectation on the kid, if he makes a contribution and plays the role the coaches ask of him, thats all we can ask. Mind you, if he kicks a little bag I wont complain. ;D
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #91
Pies are a big side, might stretch us at both ends.

Speed has killed us this year.

We've been competitive against the slower sides except Norf.

The faster teams such as
Dogs
Saints
GWS
GC (when they were up)
Sydney

All to quick for us and the they won easily.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #92
Speed has killed us this year.

We've been competitive against the slower sides except Norf.

The faster teams such as
Dogs
Saints
GWS
GC (when they were up)
Sydney

All to quick for us and the they won easily.
100% correct Cimm.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #93
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when SOS was told he was in. If the reaction to being drafted was any indication, this would have been a ripper. I, as are many of my friends, are very excited about this this debut. Its like the arrival of a new child for the Carlton family. As many have said, the Silvagni family is Carlton royalty and the linage continues tomorrow. Lets not put too much expectation on the kid, if he makes a contribution and plays the role the coaches ask of him, thats all we can ask. Mind you, if he kicks a little bag I wont complain. ;D
Go Blues.

Wait for the next episode of "the Journey"  :)

He will have gone pretty well if he gets 10-12 possessions, lays a couple of tackles . . . and scores a goal with his first kick  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #94
Its official, SOS In Tutt Out. Good luck young man.

My teenage daughter went crazy when she heard he was in. (Cripps aside) SOS is all her and her Blue supporter friends talk about.

This guy will be a massive favorite of all the younger fans.  Will be great for our PR and Membership if he can hold his spot.

Good luck to him hope he can snag one early. 

Reply #95
So how do we think this one is likely to pan out for SOS first game.  What role do we see him performing?

For mine, I think the best way to integrate SOS into our team, is to have him playing the sort of role that Jed Lamb has been playing up to this point.

A faux full forward behind Casboult playing pretty close to goals, which should see him maximise his limited fitness, as well as show some of the nous that has got him into the side.

Lamb to play more on ball, and high half forward/defensive forward on the rebounding types and that kind of works because although he doesnt have express pace, he is not slow, can find the footy (averaging roughly 20 possies a game) and has been doing more midfield work as the season has worn on.

It makes this game much more interesting than it would have been and to be honest it was already pretty interesting given its a match against the old firm and they are travelling about as well as we are for different reasons.

To be honest, these guys are not playing for their coach, so I fully anticipate us being able to win this game although the SOS inclusion might put a bit of feeling into it for them.  They might decide to try and rain on our parade, but Buckley wasnt one of those players, and I fully expect him to try and take the sense of occasion out of it, and just get on with it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #96
So how do we think this one is likely to pan out for SOS first game.  What role do we see him performing?

For mine, I think the best way to integrate SOS into our team, is to have him playing the sort of role that Jed Lamb has been playing up to this point.

A faux full forward behind Casboult playing pretty close to goals, which should see him maximise his limited fitness, as well as show some of the nous that has got him into the side.

Lamb to play more on ball, and high half forward/defensive forward on the rebounding types and that kind of works because although he doesnt have express pace, he is not slow, can find the footy (averaging roughly 20 possies a game) and has been doing more midfield work as the season has worn on.

Just in case Bolton's not on the same page, can you email that to him?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #97
Let's be honest, our recent form has been pretty ordinary. I'm not sure we have gotten selection right in the past few weeks... we look shallow in the midfield (we miss Murphy) and scoring has dried up. Hopefully we haven't peaked.

Collingwood's team (on paper) is not too bad... they have regained a few players in recent weeks.

I think it will be a close game... not sure we will win.

Reply #98
@ Thry

I think what you've suggested, or something close, is what will happen. We won't throw him into a key pressure role first up.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #99
100% correct Cimm.

The next question is " how quick are the Pies and can we get our share of centre clearances?"
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #100
Can you imagine to collective orgasm from Carlton fans when Jack  kicks his first goal.
It ll  be like an exploding custard factory lol
That moment requires McAvaney commentary lol :P

Reply #101
Now I'm REALLY looking forward to going to this game !!

Jack's debut and 1AW's 200th make a nice double, here's hoping the boys are up and about and can get the win to help make it even more memorable !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #102
Just got a text from Bolts!!!  Memo Brendan: Don't worry about contacting me, concentrate on getting the boys up!! ????

Reply #103
Me too.

A very specific number of posters are available tomorrow at the ground.  1893 or something.

Perhaps thats how many members we want for the rest of the year?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #104
I was thinking of watching the game on TV but I may have to answer Bolt's call now  - unless the weather is atrocious  :)