Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Post Game Reflection: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 24821 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Post Game Reflection: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #75
Can anyone tell why we lack aggression we need to look at brining in bomber Thompson or Michael Voss for some real coaching presence we are far too much kangaroo in the headlights when any heat is on

Reply #76
Give me ur take on our appliation

Reply #77
Massive fail by Bolton today - perhaps he too was getting ahead of himself after the Dees win?

Didn't see any game plan (at all) or change in 3 quarters.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #78
Can anyone tell why we lack aggression we need to look at brining in bomber Thompson or Michael Voss for some real coaching presence we are far too much kangaroo in the headlights when any heat is on

Voss...lol! Abject failure as a coach.

Reply #79
Seriously - how bad is Daisy Thomas!?!?!? If he decides to honour his contract by playing on next year, he's a selfish pr!ck......Pies supporters are pi$$ing themselves. Arguably the most useless bloke out there today - what the hell is his role? Does he have an opponent? Opposition teams don't even bother putting any work into him....why would they?

And not understanding the love for Dylan Buckley either.....plays the occasional good game (and the word 'occasional' is being generous), another with no football brain, no feel for the game, is a deer caught in headlights with the ball in his hands & is generally a poor user of the ball.....what's the point of having a bloke like that in your team? Where's the benefit? He's been in the system long enough to show that he's not up to it....and he ain't.

I see where you're coming from but there's no chance in the world Daisy will give up 700k, and in the same circumstances i doubt any of us would.

Buckley i do see something in. He's had a good last 4-5 weeks, taking a step up, until today and has the sped that we badly need.

Reply #80
Voss had a poor team and nil experience he would make an excellent assistant he knows how to win

Reply #81
Didn't watch any of the game haven't watched for far while got tired say old crap seems it going to be a long wait it get better
Nexted premiership seems a long way of  the older you get you hope you to see another

Reply #82
Voss had a poor team and nil experience he would make an excellent assistant he knows how to win

Port Adelaide midfield was dominant until he got his hands on them.  (Do you know Rick??)

Reply #83
Buckley plays like those stupid interviews he does on the couch, giggling and imature. Needs to become more professional on the ground and stop doing first year recruit stuff like missing tackles, not giving first handballs and kicks and burning blokes. Effort not his problem thinking about the game and growing into a reliable player is his problem.  Needs to see Docherty on how.....same age same draft

Reply #84
YAY the season is over and another finals series watching from home which is the saddest bit of all.
I look on the bright side - get lots of good gardening done in September these days....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #85
Season over and not sure really whether once the dust settles I'm quietly pleased or again feeling disappointed.

Was a game that meant nothing yet losing like we did seemed to cast a negative spin on what was probably an 'ok' year in an overall sense.

While was a nothing game membership wise this game will make improving the numbers for next year that little bit harder. Supports
hate these pr1cks and beating them always feels good yet losing to them when half the side is out is disgusting and seems to undo any gains we made this year. Probably shouldn't have that effort as it's just one game when not much was on the line but as a suffering supporter beating this mob forking matters to supporters.

Those pr1cks seem to gain a leg playing us. And we seem to not give 2 sh1ts.

They care about their supporters......we don't.  They had half a team out are sitting bottom of the ladder yet got 46k to a nothing game. If that was us reckon you would be lucky to get anyone to go.

Our club is not a shadow of what we were and sadly I just can't see us being a power again. Today was so typical of the type of club we have become. I think in the bottom of most of our hearts we all knew today was likely to end the way it did. That's the sort of club we are.

Can see Cripps or Weitering leaving when their contracts are up. Why would they want to play their career out at a club like ours.

Gutted.

Reply #87
if you were a young player wanting to join a Melbourne club, and you watched that lame effort yesterday, why would you want to play with the Princes Park boys?

How Bolton did nothing to counter the huge flood they were employing and stopping the long bomb to Levi in a pack of 20 players staggers me.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #88
Not quite sure I see the appeal of Voss. Poor communicator, no record of note as senior and assistant coach, made a terrible call on Fev............

Much prefer we bring back the Junkyard Dog than Voss.

Reply #89
I am bewildered today 16 first round draft picks no identifiable game plan sadly beaten by a average team with ten players out then watch the after match in the rooms and you see players smiing is bolts too nice or does it just not matter
Its all about the equilibrium, not too high after a win and not too low after a loss.
2024... Moir of the same to come