Skip to main content
Topic: Garlett Dropped Last Week For Disciplinary Reasons (Read 25761 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Garlett Dropped Last Week For Disciplinary Reasons

Reply #60
Perhaps you blokes meant neutered?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #62
Might stop him from pissing inside the house though!
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #63
He's 22 years old and some Indigenous players do tend to take a little time and a little nurturing. Given the right development he would be well worth it.

What about  Wingard, Prestia, Omera, Cameron. 

Your missing the point and failing to accept his application is all wrong regardless of liking the coach or not. 

No you're missing the point. Yarran needs to be nurtured, I'm happy for him not to be but taking it to the other extreme and using him as a public scapegoat? Sheer lunacy.

Fev needed to be nurtured.

We turned a blind eye to his antics as he was a special talent. He never grew up, and in the end the club suffered from this.

Yarran needs to speed up his (off-field) development and realise that an AFL career is far too short to be pissing away seasons. In the end, nobody else is to blame.

Reply #64
He is a keeper with his head in the right space. Has talent and ability. He does need a mentor and needs guidance. Needs a kick in the bum to start with though.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #66
FWIW the car park at the G was closed the day we played Richmond.

Under rated post ..  ;)

Don't players park in the undergound carpark at the G? Or wasn't he allowed b/c he wasn't selected?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #67

Under rated post ..  ;)

Don't players park in the undergound carpark at the G? Or wasn't he allowed b/c he wasn't selected?

If he's officially there with the club he has a car park for sure.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #68

Under rated post ..  ;)

If he's officially there with the club he has a car park for sure.

Even if this wasn't the case...how hard is it to be a 'normal person' and go searching for a car park elsewhere.

Hell, double park and pay the parking fine, its cheaper then missing out on match payments!

Reply #69
I was intrigued by his excuse if he has reserved car parking that's all. WTF was going on that he didn't use it?

I agee, nothing to stop him finding a spot elsewhere even if he couldn't park at the "G". Guess the excuse just sounds like total BS to me.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #70
I was intrigued by his excuse if he has reserved car parking that's all. WTF was going on that he didn't use it?

I agee, nothing to stop him finding a spot elsewhere even if he couldn't park at the "G". Guess the excuse just sounds like total BS to me.
which is precisely why he was disciplined for it.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
IMHO we need to do everything to keep the Jeffy and Yaz, if Betts wants $500-$600k a year then im more than happy to let him go. We must try to build the clubs pay structure around Geelongs model. Only 2 blokes over $500k, just.

Selwood and H.Taylor and they both deserve it.

On the other hand i dont begrudge Eddie for wanting to chase more coin, only a limited time in the big league and wanting to set your family up financially is not selfish at all.
Just good business.

Jeffy and Yaz on the other hand are younger, quicker and of more worth to us than Eddie, as much as i love him.

Reply #72
I reckon there is something else going on at Geelong. No way players are just accepting significantly less pay. We're living in fairlyland if we think tthat's the case and even if the players did just accept it the managers wouldn't.

Reply #73
I reckon there is something else going on at Geelong. No way players are just accepting significantly less pay. We're living in fairlyland if we think tthat's the case and even if the players did just accept it the managers wouldn't.

I'm suspicious of them and the Hawks but I think salary cap breaches are probably the least of the worries for the Robinson/Thompson trained Cats.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #74
Even if this wasn't the case...how hard is it to be a 'normal person' and go searching for a car park elsewhere.

Hell, double park and pay the parking fine, its cheaper then missing out on match payments!

I parked at the tennis centre and walked into the ground as the players came out.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!