Skip to main content
Topic: JLT Game 2 (Read 47346 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JLT Game 2

Reply #120
Stevens has 5 goals Carlton has 3  :'(

Reply #121
That's it for me. I'm off to mow lawns. Better than putting up with this cr@p.

Reply #122
Staggered that our lack of scoring was so well highlighted last yr & seems to have had zero improvement this year?

I've been banging on about that for months.

I don't think we've overlooked such a glaring weakness since we overlooked Talia in favour of Lucas.

Reply #124
We're the only team in this JLT series that has been pumped twice in a row. Most of the other games have been competitive.

Reply #125
The only thing this game is achieving is the destruction of confidence, player and supporter.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #126
I've been banging on about that for months.

I don't think we've overlooked such a glaring weakness since we overlooked Talia in favour of Lucas.
You and me both, we don't even create chances these days half forward line is a desert these days

Reply #127
Bolts is a crafty bugger. I would not put anything past him. He seems the perfect type to try a technique like foxing. Then again.

Bolton is untested as a tactician....great educator of young players but still a novice in terms of game tactics and he too is finding his way in this area IMO.

Reply #128
WTF are they trying to achieve? I just can't believe the coaches would send them out there just to swan around and not try??

Depends what they're trying to do. We can see they're not working hard. 4pts aren't at stake. We were pretty crap last pre-season but the first half of the season was pretty good.

Reply #129
This is definitely headed for a 100+ point demoralisation. Just the kind of result we need in the preseason - NOT!

Hopefully we'll see our best available 22 next game and they do a LOT better! This game will highlight most of the delists for this year no doubt.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #130
Weitering did not get better in the second half. He in fact got worse and has now started to resemble a blind man playing without a bell in the ball. Cannot hold a chest mark. Took 3 goes to pick up a stationary ball off the ground. Then kicks straight to the opposition.

Reply #131
Bolton is untested as a tactician....great educator of young players but still a novice in terms of game tactics and he too is finding his way in this area IMO.

Yes, that's a very fair point EB. I was just trying to cheer myself up somewhat. I'm keeping to my standard policy of withholding judgment until the first few rounds of the season.

Reply #132
The umpiring did not get any better in the second half.

Reply #133
Weitering did not get better in the second half. He in fact got worse and has now started to resemble a blind man playing without a bell in the ball. Cannot hold a chest mark. Took 3 goes to pick up a stationary ball off the ground. Then kicks straight to the opposition.

That's the confidence sapping I was talking about at work.

The problem is this confidence sapping effect can be season lasting, you need to give players a little win in pre-season, we are not giving them a cracker!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #134
These sprouts we keep hearing about are looking very dried out at the moment , hope there is some magic juice about to refresh them