Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 2: In game adventure time: Cartlon vs Melbourne (Read 21392 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 2: In game adventure time: Cartlon vs Melbourne

Reply #45
Im liking Picketts game I must say

Yep...chases, tackles and always gets a disposal away to good effect, both he and Marchbank were very good pickups....
Credit to Thomas, hasnt done much but showed some grit to get back on the ground and after that bad miss he made amends with a fine mark and pass..
Matty Wright continues to be a bargain pickup.....

Reply #46
why didn't  Mckay get a run?
C Curnow needs a stint in the 2's

Reply #47
Why can't we match them in the midfield with numbers around the ball like they do. Is that fitness or effort I don't know.

Defensively we look better this week.

Like Picketts game and mcCreadies poise.

Daisy while not a shadow of what he was shows heart and gaugeing by the players half time support of him he is liked by his mates.

Still Hate hogan

Reply #48
Why can't we match them in the midfield with numbers around the ball like they do. Is that fitness or effort I don't know.

Defensively we look better this week.

Like Picketts game and mcCreadies poise.

Daisy while not a shadow of what he was shows heart and gaugeing by the players half time support of him he is liked by his mates.

Still Hate hogan
I just hate losing, I'm so totally over it ::) >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #49
If we had a a forwards the players had confidence it would straighten us up , give direction, but no one showing that little sprout

Mac time next week?

Levi needs to learn how to run around and lead. He's not a natural forward. More a forward/ruck.

Reply #50
All those that were thinking our forward line including Charlie, SOJ would be potent , not seeing them have any impact. Not even flashing in with a goal. I know it's early, but Pickett stands out more than they do.

Reply #51
Vintage Daisy!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #53
I took this post from that pre-match. It probably should go in the post match, but given what happened towards the end of the 2nd...i'll put it here.

Amen. I'd go as far to say Daisy would have the opposite effect - players get disgruntled where they see a highly paid dud (and that's certainly what he has become based on onfield performance) delivering little but getting selected week in, week out.

After Daisy took that mark, and found a teammate who converted, how many blokes ran to daisy to congratulate him? Despite it being very deep in the forward pocket, there was at least 10 blokes who made the effort to get to him.

Does that seem like Daisy has players disgruntled at his salary? Seems to me that this was, yet again, a case of 'lets lose our minds over daisy and make things up to suit our arguments'.

Reply #54
Bang on Kruds , plenty of players showing support

Reply #55
Pressure on wright , we will take the wobbly kick, nice team goal

Reply #56
Move Marchbank forward and put Weitering back in defence ;)

Reply #57
Good point Bolts wanted them as swing men, time to try it

Reply #58
Geez we really are just a team of scrappers. No fluidity of ball movement, no coast to coast goals. Since 2012, we make everything look so difficult.

Reply #59
Can someone please hurt Jones.... Feck I hate him!