Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 2: Post Game Postulations: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 36563 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 2: Post Game Postulations: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #150
And on Cripps kicking, anyone who suggests its poor should look at the delivery to SPS who subsequently kicked his first goal of his career. It was Diesel like.

Now that made me excited. Very excited. There folks lies our future and what a complimentary set of qualities. Not to mention our other youngsters who look to be developing nicely.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #151
I don't think that's an issue.  Cripps has shown that he can put the moves on to elude opponents and create time and space for an effective delivery.

I really don't get why some so-called supporters have to find fault with our players.  I guess that's what makes them happy  ???
I wasnt finding a fault, Krudd asked me what I would rate last for Cripps after he rated his kicking last. I would rate his pace below his kicking skills thats all. Im a massive Cripps fan for the record.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #152
I was finding a fault, Krudd asked me what I would rate last for Cripps after he rated his kicking last. I would rate his pace below his kicking skills thats all. Im a massive Cripps fan for the record.

I didn't mean to imply that you were finding fault G2C.

It's just that some folk apparently don't watch our games, have unrealistic expectations, or just want something to bitch about.   :)

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #153
I had half an eye on the first quarter and a half, so won't comment, except to say:

- I was talking to another Blues supporter today and they thought the third/end of the third quarter was good
 - we got a % boost (from 67 to 70%)

Is it unusual that there are 8 teams yet to win at the end of round 2?

Reply #154
According to the AFL site:

"A FITNESS cloud surrounds Carlton star Patrick Cripps after the midfielder suffered a fractured jaw in Sunday's loss to Melbourne.

AFL.com.au revealed Cripps' injury is at the minor end and will be assessed this week ahead of Sunday's clash against Essendon at the MCG. The fracture is not displaced.

Carlton confirmed the injury later on Monday and said it would monitor his fitness.

"Patrick had scans last night which confirmed a small hairline fracture in his jaw," Blues football manager Andrew McKay said in a statement.

"Given his jaw is stable and not displaced, we will assess him further over the coming days to determine whether he will be available to play this Sunday against the Bombers."

Reply #155
Meantime, it can be revealed that Carlton defender Sam Rowe, who was struck by Hogan in the third quarter, displayed signs of delayed concussion in the rooms after the game.

While Rowe did not leave the ground immediately after the incident, club staff noted that he was dazed and nauseous in the rooms.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demons-jordan-lewis-and-jesse-hogan-face-mrp-bans-20170403-gvcjle.html

Reply #157

I really don't get why some so-called supporters have to find fault with our players.  I guess that's what makes them happy  ???

Very true. ( unfortunately ).

They're usually ones that don't know much about the game though.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #158

There are a few reasons, but I think its best summed up by personality types.

If you place a glass in front of a room of people, and fill it until halfway, ask people to describe whether the glass is half full or half empty, and you will get a variety of answers based on people's life experience, their personality type and how they have been taught to view the world.

These are more theatric than the half empty/full approach where people just answer without thinking, but they do a better job of showing how different people look at things in different ways.

It’s half empty now and it wouldn’t surprise me if it dried up completely.
It's only half fulle. Hey! Whose job was it to fill up this glass?
I bet my friend would like to have some water right now....
I can’t believe someone would leave this dirty glass out here! Clean up this mess right now!
So? It’s water. Big deal.
You call that a glass of water? Why, back where I come from...
There’s a glass of water! You know, it’s healthy to drink a lot of water! Why, I remember when I was growing up, we used to...
Holds up glass of water, tilts it from side to side, wiggles finger in it, licks finger, grins slightly, moves on.
Glass is made from silicon dioxide, heated to a temperature of...
The glass is full—half water, half air!
There’s more than enough for friends to share.
This glass of water is a metaphor for my life.
Whooeeee! Water fight!
But look! A crystalline vessel, filled with shimmering, life-giving nectar!

At the end of the day, its simply half a glass of water.  The water is unchanged by any of the perspectives above, even if it is described differently by people.  All you find out about is their nuances.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #159
Just been listening to SEN in the car, with KB in conversation with Waldron (I think). They absolutely lambasted the MRP for the farcically low penalties handed out to the thugs Lewis and Hogan, and were caustic with their comments about the two. They thought the impact was clearly high in each case and sentences should have reflected that. At least someone in the media is calling it out for what it is.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #160
I went for about 30 years before I stumbled across a football forum. :D
In that time if you played for Carlton you could do no wrong in my eyes...of course the fact was that we had quality sides for most of that period and that meant that if you were good enough to get a game you were a pretty good footballer.

Being on a forum is different though because you'ré not just looking at it with your own bias.
Someone might mention a fault you may not have picked up on and once aware you tend to notice it a bit more....or you might reject the opinion completely.

Players are analysed for their strengths and weaknesses.
Some people get a set against a player, others defend them.
The fact is we've had a lot of players in the last fifteen years who have had their limitations.
Skills and effort are constantly questioned.

But that's actually the purpose of a football forum....argument and discussion.
Even opinions that are outrageous or hypercritical have their place because they serve as a basis for the discussion.

If everything was constantly rosy and there was nothing to pick fault with this would be a deadly dull and boring place.
I can understand the backlash against the negativity...I get a bit upset with it myself from time to time, especially when it's against a player or aspect of the club's function that I don't mind...
but the best way to combat it is with counter-argument.
That's when the forum thrives.

Reply #161
Just been listening to SEN in the car, with KB in conversation with Waldron (I think). They absolutely lambasted the MRP for the farcically low penalties handed out to the thugs Lewis and Hogan, and were caustic with their comments about the two. They thought the impact was clearly high in each case and sentences should have reflected that. At least someone in the media is calling it out for what it is.

Robbo on 360 said Cripps threw a punch and Lewis just threw one back and his connected.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #162
Robbo on 360 said Cripps threw a punch and Lewis just threw one back and his connected.

Yes, it's all about bad Crippa and good Jordi!

God bless Flubbo, can't miss an opportunity to pot a Carlton man, has also spent too long hanging around with Sheedy. ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #163
Thought it was incredibly poor by AFL360 last night. Went easy on Lewis because he is a regular guest.  Tore shreds off others.

Nearly as bad as old mate Lloydy going to water on the other show when asked to talk about the Freo list... we all know who the list manager is.

Reply #164
People laughed preseason but I still think Freo are the best chance of a club finishing below us.

Works for me because if we lose anybody else pick three as compo is far more likely than one and two.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?