Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon  (Read 31975 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #91
I was impressed with Kerr in the practice match against the Tigers.  He knows how to play and has the physical attributes to be a KPP.  He doesn't mind a bit of rough stuff either  :)

However, he's a long term prospect and I'd be very surprised if he gets a call up this year.

Thanks for the insight DJC, would love for him to be the real deal.  :)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #92
If shocking, I mean Hocking, gets a run that means they must be confident as they are starting one short in the midfield.

I'd tell the group to go Mario Bortolotto on the nearest cheat if any of our blokes get sniped, line in the sand stuff for mind as I bet this mob saw how Lewis got away with it and I wouldn't be surprised if they try the same rubbish.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #93
Last night on TFS, they showed Dirty Dog Lewis breaking Crippas jaw and they asked the CH Goddard what he thought. He suggested that Lewis was abit stiff as he tried to punch Cripps in the shoulder but it slipped upwards. A more stupid account of events I have not heard. He then went on to say "I cant really comment on other players". DH, you just did. The point of this is that every time we play against a team Goddard plays for, I pray to God that one of our blokes sits him on his ass (legally if possible). A more self loving, bigger piece of gutter trash does not exist in the AFL.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #94
Last night on TFS, they showed Dirty Dog Lewis breaking Crippas jaw and they asked the CH Goddard what he thought. He suggested that Lewis was abit stiff as he tried to punch Cripps in the shoulder but it slipped upwards. A more stupid account of events I have not heard. He then went on to say "I cant really comment on other players". DH, you just did. The point of this is that every time we play against a team Goddard plays for, I pray to God that one of our blokes sits him on his ass (legally if possible). A more self loving, bigger piece of gutter trash does not exist in the AFL.

Agree...no great surprise he ended up at Essendon give the sort of Individual he is...hopefully someone cleans him up and tests his jaw with one that slipped upward from the shoulder...

Reply #95
Agree...no great surprise he ended up at Essendon give the sort of Individual he is...hopefully someone cleans him up and tests his jaw with one that slipped upward from the shoulder...

Yup. I'd settle for anyone, but would love a 'young pup' such as Crippa himself or Charlie Curnow to just shirt front him and take all of the air outta his lungs! Then stand over the top of him, whilst he's gazing into the sky all teary eyed, and let him know that's NO.1 for the day, with more to come!

Reply #96

Yes it would be interesting to see the hardness index of BG's jaw stress tested.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #97
So in this very round 10 years ago, Fev kicked 8 to seal a victory resulting in our greatest ever comeback. Will history repeat? I forken hope so.
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #98
A bit of mail circulating we will have another debutant this week and its not the Big H, its the Big W.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #99
I haven't seen the team posted - maybe I just haven't been online enough.

Carlton

B: Sam Docherty, Caleb Marchbank, Simon White.
HB: Kade Simpson, Sam Rowe, Lachie Plowman.
C: Sam Kerridge, Patrick Cripps, Ed Curnow.
HF: Dale Thomas, Jacob Weitering, Jack Silvagni.
F: Matthew Wright, Levi Casboult, Sam Petrevski-Seton.
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy.
Int: Charlie Curnow, Billie Smedts, Harry McKay, Rhys Palmer, Harrison Macreadie, Jarrod Pickett, Tom Williamson (Three to be omitted).

In: Sam Kerridge, Harry McKay, Rhys Palmer, Tom Williamson.

Out: Dennis Armfield (Omitted)

New: Harry McKay, Rhys Palmer, Tom Williamson

It appears that Kerridge is definitely in. Not sure about any of the others. There has been mail that Williamson may debut. I guess we shall see,

Essendon

B: Mark Baguley, Michael Hurley, Brent Stanton.
HB: Brendon Goddard, Patrick Ambrose, James Kelly
C: Travis Colyer, Dyson Heppell, Orazio Fantasia
HF: Mitch Brown, Cale Hooker, David Zaharakis.
F: Zach Merrett, Joe Daniher, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: Matthew Leuenberger, Jobe Watson, Heath Hocking
Int: Andrew McGrath, Darcy Parish, Martin Gleeson, James Stewart, Kyle Langford, Shaun McKernan, Matt Dea (Three to be omitted)

They brought in Leuenberger to play against Kreuzer. Leuenberger's extra height helped him beat Kreuzer last year. Also The scums 'no names' usually play well against us.

Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #100
Kerrige and Williamson in.
Armfield Smedts out.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #101
Didnt think Smedts was too bad last week actually :o :o
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #102
Hard to see how Kerridge or Williamson get a game ahead of Smedts? Maybe he is sore?

Reply #103
A bit of mail circulating we will have another debutant this week and its not the Big H, its the Big W.

Good mail G2C!

I'm a little surprised at Smedts being omitted but good on young Tom for breaking into the team for his first game.

Another debutante will make it just a tad harder to win but it's good to see the young blokes getting a crack.  We must be in unusual territory in terms of the number of debutantes and/or players with less than 10 games.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #104
Wrapped to see young Williamson get a gig... has footy smarts.

Little surprised that Smedts was dropped but he does seem a half yard off the pace, no doubt due to being out of the game with injury for so long. Would have played Palmer ahead of Kerridge, but that's how it goes.

If there're any concerns re Rowe then Weits can go back and Harry gets a gig, likewise if Crippa doesn't come up then Palmer gets a gig. We'll know around 2pm tomorrow arvo!!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17