Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon  (Read 31997 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 3 : Pre Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #120
Just hope Weits doesn't cork a calf/thigh/hip in the opening passage of play.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #121
With a wet MCG predicted for tomorrow and factoring in C. Curnow's average efforts this year and that his strength is marking and if Crippa is okay... you'd be tempted to bring in Palmer for C. Curnow on the wet deck.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #122
With a wet MCG predicted for tomorrow and factoring in C. Curnow's average efforts this year and that his strength is marking and if Crippa is okay... you'd be tempted to bring in Palmer for C. Curnow on the wet deck.

I agree with the logic, but think Bolton will back the young bloke in.

Reply #123
Won't be surprised to find the indigenous kids are quiet today.There is no chance that they have experienced conditions like today!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #124
Won't be surprised to find the indigenous kids are quiet today.There is no chance that they have experienced conditions like today!

Rain?

I'm sure they've seen it!

That's probably because Petrevski-Seton knows most of them on a first-name basis. His family lives at "the bottom end of town", near where the garden area creek runs. But his neighbours are also family – uncles and cousins are scattered around town. When he was younger, there was an open-door policy in Halls Creek and Petrevski-Seton would casually hop from place to place finding things to do.

After school he would often gather with friends and go searching for birds to hunt in the bush. In wet season when the creeks fill up, they'd go swimming or walk up stream to the nearby bridge, jump on a big tube and float back towards home. Petrevski-Seton liked the rain; it created mud, which he loved to flick up on his mates while they rode their dirt bikes or even play mud fights.

Reply #125
After seeing a young Freo get over the Dogs maybe we should do what the AFL world would not expect a Carlton side to do.
Go all out attack....just thinking ::) ::) ::) ::) :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #126

Today's conditions are relatively mild compared to what you can get in the East Kimberley and the NEAFL region.  Perth cops its share of wet and wild conditions too.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #127
Just heard Charlie missed the last training session. I reckon he might not play.

Nothing definite though.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #128
Today's conditions are relatively mild compared to what you can get in the East Kimberley and the NEAFL region.  Perth cops its share of wet and wild conditions too.

I'm not sure if it has ever been 12°C and 80mm when playing footy in WA!

Williamson should be right at home though! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #129
Great...that will take Tip-In-Woody right out of it ;)

Reply #130
Great...that will take Tip-In-Woody right out of it ;)
Take abit more than some rain and cold weather to stop that little dynamo, he's a ripper. One of the most improved players in the comp over the last 2 years. Breaks my heart to say that, wish we had him.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #131
I'm not sure if it has ever been 12°C and 80mm when playing footy in WA!

Williamson should be right at home though! ;)

That's relatively mild compared to the conditions I experienced on the Canning Stock Route in May 2015.  That weather pattern covered from Derby to Kalbarri and turned footy grounds into very wet and cold places.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #132
Mark Stevens on Ch7 reckons he rang Carton today and Rowe & Cripps will play.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #133
Just heard Charlie missed the last training session. I reckon he might not play.

Nothing definite though.

Heard a possible hammy strain to be replaced by Palmer.

Reply #134
Confirmed. Curnow out for palmer.