Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 7: After Match Analysis: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 36745 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rd 7: After Match Analysis: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #75
Nick Graham not getting much love only made one mistake trying to center the ball. Otherwise he was massive when the heat was on early

Wrapped that you mentioned this. Like last week and probably even better, he was contributing well when the heat was on. Our 'lesser lights' sure did contribute well/play their part... Graham, ASOS, Wright (fast becoming the delisted free agent of the decade!), Kerridge (disposal was better but still some howlers!), Smedts... first year blokes SPS and Willo look right at home and will only improve!

One of the best 'even' performances from our boys in a long, long time. Everyone seemed to pull their weight. No passengers. No excessive reliance on a few brilliant individuals.

What a test it will be against the Aints ...a good side in very good form.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #76
Brock Maclean style.
Twice he was standing in the goal square for the quick handball and goal but was overlooked.

Never agreed with getting rid of Brock. Players like that are very useful in the overall balance of an AFL team.

Reply #77
Never agreed with getting rid of Brock. Players like that are very useful in the overall balance of an AFL team.

Simple. Attitude....and thus culture.

Reply #79
Seriously ? Hardly a problem child.

Very outspoken. Compared to Ellard who was a church mouse who followed orders and gave as much of himself on game day.
That was the choice on who to delist McLean or Ellard.

Reply #80
Very outspoken. Compared to Ellard who was a church mouse who followed orders and gave as much of himself on game day.
That was the choice on who to delist McLean or Ellard.

Wow. Unless our club is full of pearl clutchers, I fail to see why this is a hanging offense. I like Slug, but Brock is twice the footballer he is.

Reply #81
Wow. Unless our club is full of pearl clutchers, I fail to see why this is a hanging offense. I like Slug, but Brock is twice the footballer he is.

Yes, I have to agree.

It seems many people fail to recognise the need for players like McLean and Graham, Wright falls in the same boat. They might not be the highlight reel players, but they are the ones who run to the right spot, never stop working, always do the right thing by their team-mates, draw opponents away, fight for every possession. For that matter Daisy is also becoming that type of footballer. They are the guys who contest against ruckmen or race horses, they might not win but they always compete. They are Anti-Yarrans, they will still be competing even if we are 10 gaols down with 60s left on the clock, that is all a fan can ask for and it's called heart!

That was how we beat Collingwood yesterday, we had a team full of players working hard in unison, I didn't see a single passenger wearing Navy Blue!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #82

What hanging offense?

It was a list of pros vs cons between the 2. Very similar players in a lot of ways. The one con that Brock had that Ellard didn't was his mouth. When you have to cut one, you go through the list of pros vs cons. What happened happened. Its a numbers game.

Laidler, Robinson, Garlett, Waite....even Betts and Fev are all examples of players who were let go by the club despite having some ability. All had more ability than Brock. The club set in place a direction that has pushed us to where we are today.

Reply #83
Ellard was a VFL hacker, Brock was overvalued with what he cost us for the trade...

Wright is the type of player you want ...squeezed out of a quality list due to a over supply of talent not because he wasnt any good, not injury prone
and free of cost...

Jarrod Lyons is another Crows player now at GC who fits that style....28 possies vs the Cats, played ok vs us too.......

Reply #84
Yes, I have to agree.

It seems many people fail to recognise the need for players like McLean and Graham, Wright falls in the same boat. They might not be the highlight reel players, but they are the ones who run to the right spot, never stop working, always do the right thing by their team-mates, draw opponents away, fight for every possession. For that matter Daisy is also becoming that type of footballer. They are the guys who contest against ruckmen or race horses, they might not win but they always compete. They are Anti-Yarrans, they will still be competing even if we are 10 gaols down with 60s left on the clock, that is all a fan can ask for and it's called heart!

That was how we beat Collingwood yesterday, we had a team full of players working hard in unison, I didn't see a single passenger wearing Navy Blue!

Well said. You look at any premiership side and you'll find that the 'bottom 4' or so are the Grahams, ASOSs, Rowes, Whites, Kerridges etc., despite their faults their chests are full of heart.

Reply #85
What hanging offense?

It was a list of pros vs cons between the 2. Very similar players in a lot of ways. The one con that Brock had that Ellard didn't was his mouth. When you have to cut one, you go through the list of pros vs cons. What happened happened. Its a numbers game.

Laidler, Robinson, Garlett, Waite....even Betts and Fev are all examples of players who were let go by the club despite having some ability. All had more ability than Brock. The club set in place a direction that has pushed us to where we are today.

Under normal circumstances, a post like this would tick me off no end, and would lead to a resumption of our traditional hostilities. But my new medication is a most wondrous thing. So not today. 

Reply #86

Okay, I'll bite... surely you're taking the p1ss. McLean was far better than Slug. Don't get me wrong, I loved Slug's desire, attitude, heart but he was just too small and slow. McLean may have been slow but he had a footy noggin. I loved that McLean was outspoken, especially on important social issues.

Pass me some of your medication please, PP... I'm getting wound up here...  ;) ;D

Reply #87
Okay, I'll bite... surely you're taking the p1ss. McLean was far better than Slug. Don't get me wrong, I loved Slug's desire, attitude, heart but he was just too small and slow. McLean may have been slow but he had a footy noggin. I loved that McLean was outspoken, especially on important social issues.

Pass me some of your medication please, PP... I'm getting wound up here...  ;) ;D

In the mail Baggers.

I just think it's the way with kruddler that he will try to put a positive spin on anything associated with MM, irrespective of how flimsy the argument, or how the tenuous the proposition. But that's why we love him.

Reply #88
In the mail Baggers.

I just think it's the way with kruddler that he will try to put a positive spin on anything associated with MM,

MM traded Hampson for Docherty, despite his other numerous failures and shortcomings that alone makes him a favourite of mine.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #89
MM traded Hampson for Docherty, despite his other numerous failures and shortcomings that alone makes him a favourite of mine.

MM let Betts, Lailder and Waite go for NADA, and got rid of a Robinson who's won a B&F and finished top 3 each year since he left.

That makes MM a spud!

Btw., We traded Hampson for Pick 32, which we give to the Swans for Andrejs Everitt and Pick 39!
The Force Awakens!