Skip to main content
Topic: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending) (Read 78486 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ELIMINATION FINAL : Ninth Beats Ninthmond (Ha Ha Ha Ending)

Reply #225
Just watched the second half again - had so many implant players chip in. Think Curnow's impact was immense around stoppages - cleared the way for Judd and Gibbs.

Reply #226
@Tex
Yes he looks just like Overland to me, complete with the huge cranium - thought was him for a a mad second when I first saw him!  :))
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #227
I wouldn't read too much into Robbo's comments Tex.  He probably thought that being traded or delisted was the worst thing that could happen to him; not an unreasonable scenario regardless of anything the coach may have said before or after the event.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #228
If Mitch can't can't cop what MM said in his presser he should give up AFL football and take up macramé! And I'm sure he'd be the first to agree.
You're missing the point.
Mitch didnt say it after MM's presser, he thought/felt it before. It was his immediate reaction upon stuffing up

Tex, sorry I've not made myself clear. I was replying to Denimundies post about what MM had said about Mitch at his presser, not talking about Mitch's statement. Don't have a real problem with his stuff up or his statement about it really - honest mistake IMO. In fact I didn't know that rule and I spent 5 mins abusing umpire Simon Overland for giving that free kick before my mate and I realised it was indeed a fair call.

I think you were missing my point though Cookie, which was an extension of Tex's point before me ;)

Point was that the message from MM at his presser appears to validate that a sense of personal frustration exists toward MR. MR is clearly sensing the same hence his instinctive reaction, immediately after his on-field mistake, fearing he would be traded.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #229
What comments by MR are we talking about?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #230
@DU

OK, yes I think MM would be frustrated with Mitch at times, as we all can be and I would think they have probably discussed it between the two of them. I think MM's remarks at the presser would not have come as a great surprise to Mitch and he didn't say anything new about him - my point is that Mitch is a big enough boy to cope with that, which I'm sure he does.

Reply #231
@DU

OK, yes I think MM would be frustrated with Mitch at times, as we all can be and I would think they have probably discussed it between the two of them. I think MM's remarks at the presser would not have come as a great surprise to Mitch and he didn't say anything new about him - my point is that Mitch is a big enough boy to cope with that, which I'm sure he does.

Agree,

I suspect he will be traded though

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #232
@DU

Agree,

I flip-flop wildly on this question as he can go from boiled lollies to chocolates and back again in the blink of an eye! I suspect if there's a deal to be done and a player is needed from us to complete it then you may be right. I've got very mixed feelings about it.

Reply #233
@DU

Agree,

I flip-flop wildly on this question as he can go from boiled lollies to chocolates and back again in the blink of an eye! I suspect if there's a deal to be done and a player is needed from us to complete it then you may be right. I've got very mixed feelings about it.

I think he's been good since he's come back into the team. I hope my guess is wrong

― Mark Twain

Reply #234
I reckon Mitch is safe as houses simply because he is trying his backside off to do the right thing despite his brain fades. If he get's it right he will become a MM protégé and all will be well in the world.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #235
I reckon Mitch is safe as houses simply because he is trying his backside off to do the right thing despite his brain fades. If he get's it right he will become a MM protégé and all will be well in the world.

Good point JK..there's no doubt he tries hard. On a positive note,  his comment implies he desperately wants to remain at the club.

― Mark Twain

Reply #236
@DU

Agree,

Why?

Is there someone better able to perform the role that Robbo does?  Is any other team interested enough in Robbo to countenance trading for him?  If so, do they have a player we want?

I suspect that the answer to all three questions is no.

Interestingly, the only other player I can think of who gave away a goal in similar circumstances was Adam Goodes.  I wonder if he thought that he would be traded
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #237
Sen-Buddy-sational win !!!!!!!!!! Woohoo

And I reckon were half a chance against the fluffy ducks too so it's not over yet !!!!!

Go Blues !!!!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #238
Have just started to realize how traumatic yesterdays loss is to Richmond supporters. I copied and pasted the link of that Hitler/Richmond beatup and sent to my BIL. Only to receive a message from my sister asking me to show some compassion, apparently he's been copping it all day, hasn't spoken a word since yesterday. Nephews have apparently also copped it at school today. Time to show some mercy I think,

― Mark Twain

Reply #239
@DU

Agree,

Why?

Is there someone better able to perform the role that Robbo does?  Is any other team interested enough in Robbo to countenance trading for him?  If so, do they have a player we want?

I suspect that the answer to all three questions is no.

Interestingly, the only other player I can think of who gave away a goal in similar circumstances was Adam Goodes.  I wonder if he thought that he would be traded

DJ

I cant answer your questions with any sort of conviction because I wasn't advocating that he should be traded.

― Mark Twain