Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Dissections: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 28748 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Disections: Carlton vs Weastern Bulldogs

Reply #45
Could Murphy be any softer? What a piss poor effort from him today, especially when he pulled out of going with the flight of the ball. What a sh*t-house example for the young guys.

Soft, soft, f*ckin' soft!

He can't be made captain again and surely we could look at trading him at years end. I've had enough of his weak efforts. We could get some decent picks and continue with the rebuild. He's not giving the club anything. Nothing in the media, on field or anything else. Time to go Marc and don't let the door hit you on your way out.

By the way, you can take your mate Gibbs with you as well. Without Cripps the both of them couldn't win a hard ball to save themselves. Shows how much a 21 year old Cripps carries these two. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #46
Its not about who has a future and who hasn't. If he:
a) isnt hitting his KPIs in the 2s
b) lacking confidence
what is getting belted and not getting a touch in the 1s gonna do for his confidence?

I realize you can argue that ad infinitum but others are getting games that you would put in the same category.  In the long run it won't do any harm. If the NB's were playing well and delivering the ball to him he would keep learning there but that's not happening so they're throwing him into the ruck against seasoned opponents which I would suggest is doing more damage than giving him a run in the 1's.

Reply #47
Right now you'd have to be honest/realistic and admit that we have a 50-50 chance of winning one more game for the year (Lions).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #48
Next 5 weeks will be all about working out who is staying and who is going next year.  Games will be given to check worth. About 6-8 will be exposed to see if they are exposed!!

Reply #49
Which would give us six for the year Baggers.  Does this meet, exceed or represent a significant fail on expectations?

Now that injuries are starting to be a factor it is clear that we have zero depth in anything other than peripheral defensive areas.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #50
Next 5 weeks will be all about working out who is staying and who is going next year.  Games will be given to check worth. About 6-8 will be exposed to see if they are exposed!!

Yep.

And young H must be given senior footy exposure now. Playing him in that deplorable NBs side will do him no favours. (yes, I know the NBs are deplorable due to injury/personnel, doesn't matter as the reality is, they're terrible and that'll only hurt H's development.) Ditto Pickett, give him a consistent run rather than investing in a bloke like Boekhorst or Sumner who we know won't be at PP in 2018. Time to start building for 2018.

Reply #51

No Cripps...No Carlton.....

Exactly what I think......... you don't know what you've got till its gone.... its a big gaping hole in the centre of the ground for the rest of the year now
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #52
No doubt Cripps is pivotal to midfield function. I think Ed is sorely missed ATM
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #53
You couldn't hit the post from that close if you tried

Reply #54
No doubt Cripps is pivotal to midfield function. I think Ed is sorely missed ATM

Yes we miss ED as well... but he is mainly defensive.... most of our midfield attack comes via Cripps.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #55
Which would give us six for the year Baggers.  Does this meet, exceed or represent a significant fail on expectations?

Now that injuries are starting to be a factor it is clear that we have zero depth in anything other than peripheral defensive areas.

I think many experts would say that a 6 win haul from us for the year would be about right. Reckon we can also look forward to quite a few bums being whacked by the front door of PP at seasons end.

Reply #56
I'd trade Murphy in a heartbeat....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #57
For mine, Sumner is one I have reservations about. I've been a hopeful fan since his arrival. Just let him get an injury free run and he'll show his worth. Unfortunately, I don't think he's got what we need at this stage of the club's rebuild.

These last weeks will be the last hoorah for many. Do or die time. Then it'll be over to SOS n co.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #58
I'd trade Murphy in a heartbeat....

If GWS offered a 1st round draft pick I'd take it.

He is just so lazy defensively. I'm talking years of watching him. He's definitely better this year but you just can't rely on him and when you're entire game plan is built around defensive pressure it only takes 1 not willing to push up and it falls apart.

Reply #59
Fairly dire game to watch, and the bulldogs didnt show much class either bar bontempelli who is a star.

The tail end of the season is going to a drag as players tire and the selection committee give a few players a last chance.

The bads: some of the fringe players proved why they are fringe. Barring further injuries, buckley should think about his post league footy career. This is his 6th season. We spend plenty of time critiquing 2nd and 3rd year players, but this bloke hasn't progresed enough to stay.

Sumner is probably on his way out. A small forward type is a hard position but lamb is a bit more adaptable and pickett is more likely.

Boakhorst is likely gone; just doesn't get enouh of the ball. He looked a bit better today laying a nice tackle here and there but not enough.

Casboult. Enough. Just enough. Free agency for a third rounder or delist.

Kerridge might get plenty of the pill, but his decision making is not league standard. He often gets caught as he doesn't get his hands up to permit a hand pass. High kicks in hope.

The good: we kept at it, only going down by 20 points. Kruezer played well, but not easy with the midfield so limited.  Docherty was excellent playing in the middle. He won contests and created. Curnow played a good game, dragging down 8 marks in a game where kicking to the opposition was the norm.

Disappointing day. Cold, umpiring was average (the holding the ball against caleb daniel was rediculous) and kick on the ground was cancelled, so the little fellow was especially disappointed.